GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Justice! Life and may he rot where ever he goes to serve time. I do not see him rocking back and forth now. I hate seeing the pics of Laura with the boys, such a horrid thing to do, both parents will no longer be in their kids life. Well done Grant...

Cannot wait to see evil panda in trial and if she does not get life, i will not be satisfied..

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

Also what happened to Amanda's and Grant's daughter (is her name Lily, can't remember now?) Where is she, is she also with Grants parents or do Amanda's family have her?

AH's family -- other than the sister we "met" and Sha -- who else? -- I haven't heard of any others... but there may be some.

Yes, aa - the little girl's name is Lillian/Lilyan (sp?) -- Lily. Last I saw, she was with Grant's parents as well. Such a pretty name, Lily -- and she, like any young baby will need a lot of attention -- and the two boys are prolly very energetic and need very different types of attention. And do the g/parents have any relief/backup for this care? I doubt it. A tuff spot for his folks. And how much could GH possibly care or help? And he'll be no financial help for them at all. Heck, they'll prolly have to fund his flippin' prison canteen account. At least she won't have to wash his angel court clothes any more.
icon8.gif

And one thing about that -- GH's parents are prolly not that old yet -- GH is what? 35+ y/o? I don't remember or care, really. But his parents could be in their mid-50's or mid-60's -- again, who knoze? That's still a late start as unexpected parents of three young, young children -- and a considerable expense of time, a big change in their retirement plans for them, and m-o-n-e-y.

And LA's children won't be in her day-care for many more years. But grandparents do it all the time under all kinds of circumstances.

Oh, the mess this case has made of many families.

(Brevity isn't my strong suit, as you can see. Sorry to go on & on.)

Sweet Justice for Laura. I was very pleased with this swift verdict that I think was very just. Natural life without parole seems too kind for this man. I was incredulous watching his non-nonchalant cocky "can't touch me" attitude throughout the trial. Unbelievable.

BTW, I just loved this judge. It was a delight to watch him move the trial along -so different from the lengthy drama in the Arias case.

I just hope that Hayes' parents don't keep in contact with him by showing him pictures and allowing prison visits, etc. He does not deserve to know one single thing about those precious children!!!

No kids will able to visit him in prison. His parents of course can visit him and bring/send him pictures, which I'm sure they'll continue to do. He won't be able to see his kids until they are nearly adults. They may not ever want to see him when the time comes in which they are allowed.

Sweet Justice for Laura. I was very pleased with this swift verdict that I think was very just. Natural life without parole seems too kind for this man. I was incredulous watching his non-nonchalant cocky "can't touch me" attitude throughout the trial. Unbelievable.

BTW, I just loved this judge. It was a delight to watch him move the trial along -so different from the lengthy drama in the Arias case.

I just hope that Hayes' parents don't keep in contact with him by showing him pictures and allowing prison visits, etc. He does not deserve to know one single thing about those precious children!!!

Oh they (or at least someone) sends him pictures all right....did you see the one in front of him on the table in court every day? Someone (I believe Madeleine) said that kids in NC aren't allowed to visit the jail until age 16....whew.....

Does anyone know how to get GH facebook page eliminated.
He has been charged and I don't think its right that he still should have a facebook,
If theres a will he will find a way to communicate with it.
Any help, appreciated.

Why would a person worry about AH getting off too lightly? Her sister will testify at her trial, I would hope. And AH told her sister that she hurt Laura "bad" ... I was listening with earbuds, and I understood her sister to ask AH if Laura was dead ...

Hope for another good jury, anyway!

Laura was so beautiful, I wish she had never met that , and could have lived a long, happy and loving life with a wonderful family.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And, aa9511, I'd like to know what case you are referring to also.

Why would a person worry about AH getting off too lightly? Her sister will testify at her trial, I would hope. And AH told her sister that she hurt Laura "bad" ... I was listening with earbuds, and I understood her sister to ask AH if Laura was dead ...

Hope for another good jury, anyway!

Laura was so beautiful, I wish she had never met that , and could have lived a long, happy and loving life with a wonderful family.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And, aa9511, I'd like to know what case you are referring to also.

I would hope she don't get off lightly, but then the sister said also that she is covering for grant. To me its all the same, being their, watching is just as bad. But i see her defense hoping to get her a lesser sentence because the words "i killed her" did not come out of her mouth. They will try their best to tell the jury doing something bad could mean anything..

I would hope she don't get off lightly, but then the sister said also that she is covering for grant. To me its all the same, being their, watching is just as bad. But i see her defense hoping to get her a lesser sentence because the words "i killed her" did not come out of her mouth. They will try their best to tell the jury doing something bad could mean anything..

Thanks for bursting my bubble. :( Now I can fret along with everyone else.

Does Laura's family have any visitation with the children? (Looking to get bad news all at one time.)

I don't see any 'out' for AH in somehow getting away with this crime. She will be spending many years (and perhaps life) in prison. No reason to worry--she's not going to walk free. Just by acting in concert she is knee deep in this.

I do believe hers is the tougher of the two cases. She has good attorneys, and also has the benefit of knowing how the prosecution presented their case against GH and the expressed content of the witness testimony. Although, her attorneys represented the Chapel Hill kid who shot his parents, went to the prom, then hosted a party with their bodies upstairs. He didn't go to trial - they plead him out with 2nd degree and he's doing ~50 years in prison (up to 25 for each). I hope she doesn't get an other-than-LWOP deal (based on what I know at this point). Unless there's some surprise evidence yet to be disclosed, I believe she worked side by side with GH to plan an execute this murder.

It would be awesome if her attorneys advised her to plead guilty, now that GH has been convicted. But his conviction could also work for AH as in, "see, he had the motive and did all the evil things...even the State said so. I just went along under duress." I also think they'll try a postpartum-something spin on her defense. I think she's a very savvy person. She'll also have a witness on her side strongly supporting her - her adult daughter.

That said, hopefully the State has cards they did not show in GH's trial regarding A's involvement and participation. It seems they were very careful about what they presented, and kept the evidence quite narrowly focused on GH. I wonder if the jury will be able to hear that she has filed 3 different (and incompatible) motions: duress, accident, and alibi. Hope so. Which is it gonna be?

She went to Chik-Fil-A at 9:30pm, just after the evil deed (IMO). If she wasn't totally complicit, she could have abandoned ship right then. She had all the "babies" she was "protecting" at her side. Instead, she got G a meal and returned back to the apartment. 'Cos they were hungry after killing that pesky Laura! And their murder plot prevented them from having dinner at 6 that evening.

Well, we'll see what happens next year. The in-concert jury instruction is fantastic.

Hear, hear, Madilu (love your name!). Like so many of us on this forum, I never had a doubt about this cat. Not an iota -- I just worried, a tad, about that 11th or 12th juror (not specific juror nos.) thinking that there was no direct proof of his guilt -- but the acting in concert should have erased any juror qualms, and perhaps it did. I still think their first vote in the jury room was 12--0, G.

In a couple (just a couple) of other cases I have watched, I had a little bit of feeling for the defendant -- missing parent, bad or weak parenting; not very smart -- easily led; got with the wrong folks; some inherited mental problems; ruff, tuff neighborhood, etc., but not a whit did I have for this man -- nothing but ill will from the beginning of this case. And his permanent smirk didn't help a bit -- but the constant and rapid eye-blinking as the verdict was pronounced was almost LOL material.

I wasn't sorry when the couple of "weaker" defendants were convicted on those other cases, but maybe a part of the crime was understandable. Again, not this one -- it was just pure meanness and hate and a mountain of self-love and evil.

It will be interesting to see how my feelings develop for AH...

Unless something -- a plea is not likely to be accepted if one is offered by the defense, IMO -- really unexpected occurs (what could it be?), I think the "acting in concert" will shut her up for life. :jail:

Her acting lessons were a waste of money... IMHO.

I do believe hers is the tougher of the two cases. She has good attorneys, and also has the benefit of knowing how the prosecution presented their case against GH and the expressed content of the witness testimony. Although, her attorneys represented the Chapel Hill kid who shot his parents, went to the prom, then hosted a party with their bodies upstairs. He didn't go to trial - they plead him out with 2nd degree and he's doing ~50 years in prison (up to 25 for each). I hope she doesn't get an other-than-LWOP deal (based on what I know at this point). Unless there's some surprise evidence yet to be disclosed, I believe she worked side by side with GH to plan an execute this murder.

It would be awesome if her attorneys advised her to plead guilty, now that GH has been convicted. But his conviction could also work for AH as in, "see, he had the motive and did all the evil things...even the State said so. I just went along under duress." I also think they'll try a postpartum-something spin on her defense. I think she's a very savvy person. She'll also have a witness on her side strongly supporting her - her adult daughter.

That said, hopefully the State has cards they did not show in GH's trial regarding A's involvement and participation. It seems they were very careful about what they presented, and kept the evidence quite narrowly focused on GH. I wonder if the jury will be able to hear that she has filed 3 different (and incompatible) motions: duress, accident, and alibi. Hope so. Which is it gonna be?

She went to Chik-Fil-A at 9:30pm, just after the evil deed (IMO). If she wasn't totally complicit, she could have abandoned ship right then. She had all the "babies" she was "protecting" at her side. Instead, she got G a meal and returned back to the apartment. 'Cos they were hungry after killing that pesky Laura! And their murder plot prevented them from having dinner at 6 that evening.

Well, we'll see what happens next year. The in-concert jury instruction is fantastic.

:goodpost:

Excellent comments, Boodles! And yeah, Sapikowski got a pretty stiff 2nd Degree penalty, but as you said, it was for two human beings - and those were his parents. 50 years is a pretty long time, but yeah, each sentence was 25 years -- which isn't a scratch, IMO, for AH, despite p. partum, or alibi (schmaliby), etc., etc.

She was THERE! Period.

"Sock it to her, Jury" (a la Laugh-In) -- all the way to WCCI-Women's Prison. :jail:

Great points! I agree this case will be very tough as her sister will once again be on that stand saying the same thing, which AH defense will rely on. No doubt about it, her telling her sister she did something bad, and that Laura is dead is huge evidence for the prosecution. Only time will tell, but if she gets some silly *advertiser censored* 10 years, its not 100% justice all. Both need the electric chair, i am shocked GH has not got that???? Why has he not got the death penalty...

Great points! I agree this case will be very tough as her sister will once again be on that stand saying the same thing, which AH defense will rely on. No doubt about it, her telling her sister she did something bad, and that Laura is dead is huge evidence for the prosecution. Only time will tell, but if she gets some silly *advertiser censored* 10 years, its not 100% justice all. Both need the electric chair, i am shocked GH has not got that???? Why has he not got the death penalty...

Probably because of his children -- the courts, etc., care about them, even if he did not when he planned and did the awful and utterly reprehensible things he did to the woman with whom he made those pretty little boys and the woman who loved them more than her own life. And he didn't seem to realize that he was putting himself at such a risk to his own freedom, even if he didn't think suspicion & capture & conviction of his own smart self were possible.

The DP is a tuff penalty to try, and fewer & fewer cases in NC were prosecuted in the last several years for several reasons. NC had problems with the way the DP at execution time was set up -- having a Medical Doctor present to verify that the procedure was accomplished as ordered, etc., etc.. The current political administration in NC, however, is wanting to bring it back with more regularity...

Other prosecutorial/defense details get into it as well: Finding a DP-qualifed jury, DP-qualified prosecutors and qualified defense attorneys and dealing with the public at large are some of the big considerations. The decision to prosecute using the DP usually comes from the top of the County Justice Dept. Lotsa stuff, etc., etc., ad nauseum.

This is not to say that they don't deserve it...

images

images

images

JUSTICE FOR LAURA - SEPTEMBER 16, 2013

I quoted & removed the last picture, borndem. It was of AH. Her FB profile pic, iirc. (which is still viewable, but with a very limited # of friends)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member