GUILTY NC - Laura Ackerson, 27, Kinston, 13 July 2011 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rather interesting and suspicious that apparently these were found after the "lawyer" had possession of the car. My-my-my. Going to be a very interesting trial since the jokers and aces have been removed from the deck.

Seriously, what the heckfire is going on with this trial and the players. Seems like things are popping up in strange ways with this one.

Grant Hayes' trial was run so well and efficiently, are we going to see another Arias style cluster*bleep* with Amandas??? :facepalm:

Either way, can't wait!

Makes perfect sense. The defense had a preview of what lies ahead via Grant Hayes' trial. Going after every piece of evidence.

Am I reading the last link correctly. The crime was committed in 2011 and they just found the murder weapon? That does not make sense.

Am I reading the last link correctly. The crime was committed in 2011 and they just found the murder weapon? That does not make sense.

That seems to be the gist of it....

:waitasec: Seems kind of odd doesn't it?

Originally Posted by atm9533

That seems to be the gist of it....

:waitasec: Seems kind of odd doesn't it?

Maybe AH told them where she had hidden it -- if she hid it? GH may have threatened her about telling where it was, or he didn't know, or she's :liar: -- who knoze??

So izzat the murder weapon? They stabbed her to death? Quite messy, I'd say. Better to hold her down & asphyxiate her, IMO. Or to knock her in the head. Seriously. Quicker & quieter. They were in an apt. with babies & nearby neighbors. Wouldn't poor LA have screamed? Or did they somehow secure the children in a bedroom and one held her down & the other one stabbed her? We'll prolly never know unless she takes the stand & that would be no guarantee, IMO. :dunno:

Yes, Nymeria, I do find that a bit odd. Stabbing her to death in your own apartment? Her blood would have been all over the place, and all over the perpetrators, too, seems to me. Just sayin'... :twocents:

Hopefully everything stays on schedule and it kicks off on the 20th.
It did with Grants, I am looking forward to another trial in the NC courts.

Just checking in, I thought I saw something on the news yesterday about AH and a preliminary hearing, maybe it was scheduled for yesterday but cancelled? I wonder if the trial will start on the 20th!

About the knife, I believe the defense attorneys took the Durango for a weekend, and that's when the hazmat suit and knife were found. Is that right? Supposedly, the hazmat suit was intentionally left there, per protocol, since it was used by investigators.

I just have a hard time believing the defense team found a knife in that vehicle. If true, that's a pretty huge oversight. I guess we will hear about all of this soon enough.

I have to admit, I can't wait to hear the defense opening statement, and what kind if story Amanda is presenting to explain her role. I have strong preconceptions about her, so I'll have to work on getting myself into more of a neutral zone before trial. She and her daughter, who I hope will testify also at this trial, are scary IMO.

Just checking in, I thought I saw something on the news yesterday about AH and a preliminary hearing, maybe it was scheduled for yesterday but cancelled? I wonder if the trial will start on the 20th!

About the knife, I believe the defense attorneys took the Durango for a weekend, and that's when the hazmat suit and knife were found. Is that right? Supposedly, the hazmat suit was intentionally left there, per protocol, since it was used by investigators.

I just have a hard time believing the defense team found a knife in that vehicle. If true, that's a pretty huge oversight. I guess we will hear about all of this soon enough.

I have to admit, I can't wait to hear the defense opening statement, and what kind if story Amanda is presenting to explain her role. I have strong preconceptions about her, so I'll have to work on getting myself into more of a neutral zone before trial. She and her daughter, who I hope will testify also at this trial, are scary IMO.

Not sure what it is, Boodles, but I do have an idea....

I checked the WRAL news -- nothing on this, but I will check other MSM sources after this post.

==> Two sets of dates are on AH's court calendar -- Murder 1st and Access. after the Fact to Murder -- 01/06/14 and the same on 1/21/14 (remember that 1/20/14 is MLK holiday) -- so maybe there was a hearing, but seems like WRAL would have reported it. See the link below, but the 01/06 date may not be out there for long since it's in the past:

http://www1.aoc.state.nc.us/www/cal...ayes,a&start=0&navindex=0&submit=Submit+Query

Anyway, I'll keep looking. I didn't hear anything on the news, but I don't always watch or pay attention if I do watch.

Jury duty candidates are "drawn" at random from the voting population in Wake County, so your husband being selected should have absolutely nothing to do with your being called.

Some WSer's have been called for jury duty and sometimes they are asked if they are on any crime/trial blogs, forums, etc. On one trial, I forget which, maybe the Young retrial (someone pleeeeze correct me here if I goofed!), prospective jurors were asked specifically about "Websleuths." I've only been called once - you are told to call a specific phone number at the Wake County Courthouse the day before you are to go, to see if they want you to come in person. Most of the time, you are not needed -- that's what happened to me years ago. I've been registered to vote in this county for ~ 30 years & have been called once.

Maybe another WSer can tell you more -- one who had to go "downtown."

I don't think they should "discriminate" against Websleuthers.....that's not fair! We're citizens just like the rest....in fact better...teehee :)

?!?!?!?!?! What do they mean, hidden??!! Hidden how, that no testing team found it, how did they possibly hide it so well in the center console?! Oh my word.

I do not question that that's the knife, Amanda must be talking something trying to get Grant pinned for all of it without her, but how did they investigators not see it??!

Can anyone tell me what you remember from Grant's trial, the ME testimony regarding how they thought Laura was killed? IIRC, they weren't sure, they thought she might be strangled b/c there were indications on her neck bones, but they also saw a chip in one of her neck bones, or something like that?

Can someone refresh my memory?

?!?!?!?!?! What do they mean, hidden??!! Hidden how, that no testing team found it, how did they possibly hide it so well in the center console?! Oh my word.

I do not question that that's the knife, Amanda must be talking something trying to get Grant pinned for all of it without her, but how did they investigators not see it??!

Can anyone tell me what you remember from Grant's trial, the ME testimony regarding how they thought Laura was killed? IIRC, they weren't sure, they thought she might be strangled b/c there were indications on her neck bones, but they also saw a chip in one of her neck bones, or something like that?

Can someone refresh my memory?

aa, IIRC, there was some discrepancy or controversy about whether Laura's voice-box bone was damaged. (A sign of strangulation is the broken bone.) The Texas doctor who conducted the autopsy said it was intact. Deborah Radisch, the NC medical examiner, observed otherwise, inferring she may have been strangled. They brought a life sized skeleton into court to demonstrate where this bone was located and Dr. Radish showed the jurors. I can't recall anything about a bone chip, but that may just be a function of my memory! HTH.

I am so ready for this trial. Marking off the hours now. Have been looking often - whenever I come to this page....at the angel on Laura's stone. It has such a sweet smile, seems so relaxed....just waiting patiently for justice....finally!, Me too.

Just got this link from one of our good WS friends:

Prosecutors said Friday they are considering asking Grant Hayes to testify against his wife in her upcoming trial for the murder of Laura Jean Ackerson.

Whole article:

http://www.wral.com/grant-amanda-hayes-could-face-off-in-murder-trial/13288374/

OH MY it is Christmas all over again, AND my BDAY!
I would love to see the 2 of them together in the courtroom, with Grand Master Smugness throwing HER under the bus!

I know I am bad, I should not get joy out of this, but when people like them go on trial and I am confident they will get what they deserve I allow myself to appreciate the drama much more :blushing:

OH MY it is Christmas all over again, AND my BDAY!
I would love to see the 2 of them together in the courtroom, with Grand Master Smugness throwing HER under the bus!

I know I am bad, I should not get joy out of this, but when people like them go on trial and I am confident they will get what they deserve I allow myself to appreciate the drama much more :blushing:

Nymeria, I understand how you feel! Can you imagine the drama? I, too, would love to see him testify if only to observe his behavior. But he's such a sleezy manipulator, he might really mess things up. Plus he's a liar. But if he testified, maybe SHE would, too. Then again, she might anyway.

And her former cell mate will testify? INTERESTING!!

This should be fascinating all the way around, with this cast of characters: AH, her 'unusual' daughter Sha, GH, cellmate, the emotional sister Karen. You can bet they have this well orchestrated, with Sha doing her part to help her mother.

Oh, on the news they showed a clip from the preliminary hearing today. Johnny Gaskins said (paraphrasing): "after we returned the Durango (to the State), they found the dagger-knife. We want to see the pictures they took...when we searched the console, we found DVD's."

The audio wasn't great and the reporter, Kelly O'Hara didn't elaborate. But it sounded to me like the prosecution found the knife when the defense returned the Durango. That's pretty interesting...

(I hope Kelly O'Hara doesn't cover this trial. Hope it's Ed Crump.)

Oh, on the news they showed a clip from the preliminary hearing today. Johnny Gaskins said (paraphrasing): "after we returned the Durango (to the State), they found the dagger-knife. We want to see the pictures they took...when we searched the console, we found DVD's."

The audio wasn't great and the reporter, Kelly O'Hara didn't elaborate. But it sounded to me like the prosecution found the knife when the defense returned the Durango. That's pretty interesting...

(I hope Kelly O'Hara doesn't cover this trial. Hope it's Ed Crump.)

*Snipped by Me*

Excuse my ignorance, but is it usual for evidence to be whisked out of police lockup for a period of time by either side?
And how can anyone believe that this knife was overlooked all this time and just happened to pop up after the defense had the vehicle to themselves?

I have to be missing something here, it is like a plot out of a really bad *OLD* movie! Like before they had decent forensics....

Just got this link from one of our good WS friends:

Prosecutors said Friday they are considering asking Grant Hayes to testify against his wife in her upcoming trial for the murder of Laura Jean Ackerson.

Whole article:

http://www.wral.com/grant-amanda-hayes-could-face-off-in-murder-trial/13288374/

Goodness! That would be the day. I doubt he will do it. He is an arrogant *advertiser censored*, but he has nothing to win. We shall see.

When are we starting? I miss the gang!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member