NC - Lauren Hugelmaier, 29, stabbed to death, Raleigh, 1 Sept 2017 *Arrest*

I clicked the little red Alert triangle, a moderator will review & address the request.

I agree with supporting Lauren's family!

thank you 1HogFan for this request. I see her name has been changed.

thanks Mods! :tyou:

He said he had to turn on the light to see her, so he apparently stabbed her in the dark. I wonder if there are bloody handprints on the lamp. If not, he’s lying about it being dark...

Well, he could have cleaned off his hands before turning on that lamp too.

Just checked the docket -- his name is not there. We'll give it a few days.

Thanks for checking borndem! :wave:

You're welcome, Niner! I'll stay on it! ;)

Nothing there on Thursday, 10/26/17.

Thanks to the Mods for changing the title of this thread to reflect the way Lauren's family want her last name recorded. It's one of those things that we can do for them to honor the daughter they love.

:gomods:

I read the autopsy report, available here at the bottom of the page: http://www.huffingtonpost.com.mx/en...stor-wife-autopsy_us_59ea63c2e4b00f08619ed389

Most of the details have been reported, but this particular one has not, for a number of reasons I am sure:

"
On the pubis is a 1 1/4 x 3/8" area of dried, white, crusted material. This area is swabbed with sterile saline and retained as evidence. It is labeled as "Material from pubis".pubis is a 1 1/4 x 3/8" area of dried, white, crusted material. This area is swabbed with sterile saline"

I think we all agree this substance is most likely semen. If it ends up he sexually assaulted her before/during/after the attack, I think this is an open and shut capital murder case, if it wasn't already. North Carolina has capital punishment laws on the books, but it's been over a decade since someone has been executed. Mr. Phelps may be the one to end this drought.

If it ends up he sexually assaulted her before/during/after the attack,

How would they prove such a thing if there are no other injuries to that area? There's no way they're going for the DP in this case. Juries have proved they will not give death even in some heinous crimes involving multiple crimes (like B&E + robbery + rape + murder). This one has a "defense" of "yeah it was me, but I was unaware/drugged out at the time."

The autopsy report did say there would be a rape kit / sexual assault examination, but those details would not be included in the autopsy, so there may very well be other evidence. It's still sexual assault if you cut up a victim and then have sex with her; doesn't have to just be injuries to her pubic region to = sexual assault.

:welcome6: to Websleuths, jaygeezy!! We're glad you're here!!:websleuther:

Yes, it could have been waived.....

I haven't seen anything "new" though. If someone does - please post!

TIA! :wave:

Just now checked -- nothing on there as of today, Wednesday, Nov. 1, 2017.

Just now checked -- nothing on there as of today, Thursday, Nov. 2, 2017.

OT - Please take a moment to read the latest help request from Tricia. You can see her note called "it is urgent now" under the Missing Persons Discussion forum. Here's a snip:

"You can donate at .com or use the email websleuthsdonations@gmail.com and you can donate thru PayPal.com or Google Wallet

This is URGENT!!!

There are bills coming up that are not going to be paid and that will start the awful domino effect that could lead to real trouble for Websleuths."

Just now checked -- nothing on there as of today, Saturday, Nov. 4, 2017.

Just now checked -- nothing on there as of today, Monday Nov. 6.

:gthanks: for all the checking up on this case borndem!!

Very much appreciated. So nothing happened on his Oct. 23rd hearing? At least that's the last date of have of a court hearing.

Patiently waiting.... :waiting:

Thanks for the good words, Niner! It's no biggie to check, and check I've done for today,

Wednesday, 11/08/17, and there is Nuttin' honey!

Just now checked -- nothing on there as of today, Sunday, Nov. 12, 2017.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cLeopatra_
Back