NC - Lennon Lacy, 17, football player found hanged, Aug 2014

It would most likely take several people to hang a 200 pound linebacker.

It would most likely take several people to hang a 200 pound linebacker.

Good Point.Especially if he was fighting back and I imagine would make quite a commotion.Someone would have heard something with those mobile homes close by.

<modsnip>

I am thinking along those same lines, but not necessarily jealousy and another love interest. More like some vigilantes who decided that the 17 year old black boy should not be sneaking around a white woman. Sorry my words seem harsh, but it is a reality around this part of the country.

I am thinking along those same lines, but not necessarily jealousy and another love interest. More like some vigilantes who decided that the 17 year old black boy should not be sneaking around a white woman. Sorry my words seem harsh, but it is a reality around this part of the country.

So, is it your theory that these vigilantes were waiting around in the hope that he would leave his house after midnight on a school night. I wonder how many nights they had to wait.

His Mom stated some of his football items were on the line; I wonder if he went out to retrieve them, as he was packing his bag...then what?
Other than Lennon going outside to meet up with someone after midnight, this would make a lot of sense. If someone did happen upon him while he was outside taking his football uniform off of the clothesline, he must have known his attackers in order to be lured away from home. Otherwise, they would have to knock him unconscious and, yes, there would have to be several people involved to be able to remove Lennon from that spot and then hoist him up to hang him in a different location.

The attackers would not need be waiting around, in premeditation, for the right moment night after night if they had animosity toward Lennon. It's possible there were a group of people who routinely gathered nearby every night until after midnight and they hatched their plan spontaneously when they saw Lennon outside. IMO

His Mom stated some of his football items were on the line; I wonder if he went out to retrieve them, as he was packing his bag...then what?
Very possible, in my opinion, then perhaps lured away from the clothes line, perhaps to the woman's trailer? There are quite a few things I am seeing as "wrong" with this entire scenario, from the older woman with a 17 y/o who is still in high school, to the possible racial aspect, to the fact that this does not appear to be a suicide as he appears to have injuries that were inflicted by another party and shoes on his feet which are not his. I am also having difficulty believing that if a commotion was heard outside during the night that someone would actually try to help him.

:(

MOO

Very possible, in my opinion, then perhaps lured away from the clothes line, perhaps to the woman's trailer? There are quite a few things I am seeing as "wrong" with this entire scenario, from the older woman with a 17 y/o who is still in high school, to the possible racial aspect, to the fact that this does not appear to be a suicide as he appears to have injuries that were inflicted by another party and shoes on his feet which are not his. I am also having difficulty believing that if a commotion was heard outside during the night that someone would actually try to help him.

:(

MOO

I agree that people tend to ignore noises or disturbances nearby and dismiss it as something innocent.But I hope the people who may have heard something would give that info to detectives.

I feel like the family needs a huge media push. There is a R.I.P. Lennon Lacy FB page, but I sort of feel like an intruder there-like it's public but feels like it's for family and friends. There is practically nothing online about this young man, and I feel like it's a story that many in msm would love to run.

I don't get why it's so hard for medical examiners to do thorough investigations. Even if something appears to be suicide, shouldn't it be obvious by now that it's just smart to obtain forensic evidence to help determine the truth? No one is going to hang themselves wearing shoes that don't belong to them. There HAS to be DNA evidence on those shoes. It's not right that so many questions are left unanswered when the answers are easily obtainable. The Kendrick Johnson case makes me so mad and this is now a close 2nd to that for me.

Any death of a child is difficult for a parent. Suicide is especially difficult and no parent wants to admit their child is capable of committing suicide. But... what made LE decide this was a suicide? Was Lennon on anti-depressants? Anti-depressant medications that are useful in adults have been documented to actually cause suicidal thoughts and attempts in adolescents. But, was Lennon in fact taking anti-depressants or had he seen a counselor? Have his teachers been interviewed? Had his grades recently plummeted (a sign of depression or drug use)? Had there been recent changes in his demeanor?

Snipped from the article Hejlena linked:

The autopsy says it had been reported that Lennon was depressed from his uncle's recent death. Lennon's brother Pierre says he was upset about it, but not depressed.

"He never showed any signs of being depressed and my brother is not a good liar," Pierre said.
http://www.wwaytv3.com/2014/10/14/only-3-mother-speaks-about-bladen-teens-death

There is a big difference between grief and clinical depression. People don't suddenly go out and commit suicide because of losing a loved one. He would have shown prior signs of depression (changes in behavior) that would be evident to his family, friends, teachers and coaches.

Where is the autopsy report? Who reported that Lennon was depressed? What evidence is there that Lennon was clinically depressed? These questions need to be addressed and made public. If they are not public record and sufficiently explained, then Lennon's parents have a valid complaint which needs to be thoroughly investigated.

Unfortunately there are plenty, plenty of people who DO commit suicide without anyone in their family having known they were depressed. And there are plenty who commit suicide after the recent death of a loved one. Grief can trigger an episode of clinical depression.

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...arolina-teenager-suspicious-death-lennon-lacy

According to this article, indentations on his face were attributed to ants? Was he found on the ground? The abrasions noted on the inside of his arms and shoulders? Was that mottling or lividity? I can understand scratches on the face that he may have made trying to remove the noose, but this certainly sounds circumspect. Was an autopsy nervier performed? Whose call was that? Especially given the shoes without laces were 2 sizes too small.

I truly hope the family gets the answers they so desperately seek. LE should be talking to Brumhill's ex husband for sure. JMV

Unfortunately there are plenty, plenty of people who DO commit suicide without anyone in their family having known they were depressed. And there are plenty who commit suicide after the recent death of a loved one. Grief can trigger an episode of clinical depression.

But why would he be wearing a too-small pair of shoes that don't belong to him?

ETA I wonder if they returned the shoes and other belongings to his family. If so, I hope they can get them tested at an independent lab.

Wow. My heart breaks for this boy and his family. THIS is the case that protesters should take to the streets about (instead of the other). I cannot imagine the cruelty of the perpetrators (if this indeed was a crime). I hope this case is pursued, and this family gets the answers they so desperately deserve.
RIP Lennon Lacy[emoji17]

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheMidge