GUILTY NC - Lynn Jackenheimer, 33, murdered, Hatteras Island, 3 July 2012

:rose: R.I.P. Lynn :rose:

May you watch over your children and family during this extremely difficult time. You were a beautiful lady; and you loved well and you were certainly well loved.

Amen snicky...... now we need to find the SOB .....getting his info posted all over columbus.

The Media seems to have dropped the ball!! Why haven't they covered this? Poor kids wonder where they were when it happened?

I echo Mr. Johnson's statement:

"I'm pretty sure that we have found my daughter. Now it's about time for a manhunt for his *advertiser censored*. (Nate) needs to face justice."

Rest in Peace, Lynn...mother, daughter, sister, and amazing person.

:rose:

531448_476528099041142_1924641485_n.jpg

http://www.facebook.com/#!/BringLynnHome

ETA: Does he have any tats? TIA

Does it make sense that he stayed on the island for 2 more days after killing her? Wouldn't he want to get as far away from the scene asap? I can't imagine how he dealt with confused children on top of his own thoughts for 2 days plus an 11+ hour drive that included an overnight stay in Richmond. Something just seems off about the timeline afterwards.

Prayers of peace to the family and friends of Lynn.

I hadn't heard of this case but I am on vacation in Outer Banks right now and they have it live on the news. Family has gone with balloons to see the dump sight. My sister was filling me in on the story. So sad

So who takes the lead in the investigation (I'm assuming NC but just want clarification)? NC where she was found or OH where he resided, confessed and was last seen?
Once apprehended, I'm assuming he will be returned to NC to stand trial.

And doesn't this mean that the FBI will now get involved since state lines have been crossed with the murder and suspect?

So who takes the lead in the investigation (I'm assuming NC but just want clarification)? NC where she was found or OH where he resided, confessed and was last seen?

I'm pretty sure since the crime occurred in NC, they will head the case. That is, unless, they pass it on to OH, but I don't think that will happen. This is a big dent in their tourist industry and reputation...I'm sure NC LE will want to see it through until he is caught and prosecuted.

Just now from the Dare County Sheriff's Office FB page:
7/16/12

A warrant for the arrest of Mr. Nate Summerfield has been issued. This case remains an active investigation and information is limited to what has been provided.

As information becomes available, we will ensure it is forwarded. It is anticipated that a press conference will be held, at the address below, sometime tomorrow – most likely late afternoon, but we will provide as much advanced notification as possible.

At this time there is no further information available as the investigation continues.

Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.

https://www.facebook.com/darecountysheriff

Note: there is no "address below" that's the full context of the statement.....?

If he is apprehended in another state, there will be an extradition hearing. We have seen this in the cases of Laura Ackerson, Samantha Koenig, and Richard and Gladis Russell.

I read it on one of the articles just today that stated if the body was, in fact, Lynn's that the Dare County officials would take the lead in the investigation.

I'll do my best to go back & find it.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dena24