NC NC - Madalina Cojocari, 11, reported Missing Dec 2022 three Weeks After Last Seen, Cornelius, *Parents Arrested* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any NC folks here who have traveled/lived in Madison County: what is the likelihood that there is no cell service in the Lonesome Mountain area?
My parents live in Mitchell county, used to own property in Madison county. We've traveled through Madison county numerous times and cell service can definitely be unreliable

I’ve been patiently waiting for more information. I have to imagine they have an idea of what happened or at least where because there haven’t been big searches.

Do you think they know what happened based on electronic records, GPS, evidence that’s being tested?

I’ve been patiently waiting for more information. I have to imagine they have an idea of what happened or at least where because there haven’t been big searches.

Do you think they know what happened based on electronic records, GPS, evidence that’s being tested?
Yes, to all 3, and yes to the evidence they have that they've kept from the public.
Generally when a case is rather quiet like this, this is the reason why.

So Legal Eagles or others who have watched a lot of situations like this: What are the Police waiting for at this point?
What is the next move? Neither party is talking or cooperating. Are they still processing items from the warrant? It seems as though that should be finished by now? It feels like a long time since Thanksgiving....

I wonder if they had planned on renting out the other apt. They had I think it was a 3 bd house but there is only 3 of them. So why the other apt needed? Maybe more of an office space? I know a few people who got one of those tough sheds built in their yards when everything went remote. If he had a business he was running out of the home maybe he needed like an office space?

Renting part of the house is probably not allowed within the town or city limits -- single family zoning means single family.

Not that this has much bearing on the disappearance of this child & the odd behavior of DC & CP!

We don’t know if he took a trip or just claimed to. We know that DC took a trip, but we don’t know when.
IMO, he definitely took the trip. <modsnip - sleuthing & posting about family's SM is not allowed>

Personally, I feel they're both involved but I have more suspicion about DC. It just doesn't make sense for your 11 year old daughter to be missing from her bedroom and you don't even call your husband to see if she's with him. That's just not fathomable to me.

At times, I feel discouraged that this case is receiving so little media coverage. But if LE wanted to keep it in the news because they needed the public's help, they would be holding conferences. My assumption is that they have a good idea of what happened but it's a slow process to find evidence that hasn't been destroyed. IMO, they know that Madalina was harmed. They just don't know where she is now and they have to locate her in order to move forward with additional charges. In the meantime, I'm just thankful that both parents are in jail. I don't think that I could stomach it if they were out on bond. They already got 25+/- days of freedom that they didn't deserve.

I wish that I was more optimistic about Madalina's well-being but since the day that she was reported missing, it's been quite apparent that something was very VERY wrong. I pray that justice is served.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nor would the HOA allow it, IMO.CP's statement that he was building an apartment
Honestly, could you come up with a weaker explanation of plywood in or next to the kitchen than "I'm building an apartment"? Beyond the fact that the zoning wouldn't permit it and the HOA (assuming there is one) wouldn't permit it, how about "you are building an apartment out of plywood in the kitchen? Are you nuts?" MOO. JMO. I really would have loved to hear LE's follow-up question to that one.

Honestly, could you come up with a weaker explanation of plywood in or next to the kitchen than "I'm building an apartment"? Beyond the fact that the zoning wouldn't permit it and the HOA (assuming there is one) wouldn't permit it, how about "you are building an apartment out of plywood in the kitchen? Are you nuts?" MOO. JMO. I really would have loved to hear LE's follow-up question to that one.

After seeing the real estate photos of the house earlier in this thread, it's obvious there's no way anyone could build an apartment inside that home in/near the kitchen. Agree with you on wishing we could hear LE's response. An "apartment" is a ridiculous story, IMO!

After seeing the real estate photos of the house earlier in this thread, it's obvious there's no way anyone could build an apartment inside that home in/near the kitchen. Agree with you on wishing we could hear LE's response. An "apartment" is a ridiculous story, IMO!
Wish I could see some facial expressions too. LOL

Posted by Cornelius Police Jan 19.

Cornelius Police Department

11h ·

The Cornelius Police Department, the SBI and the FBI continue to search for Madalina. Thank you for continuing to spread information on social media to help us #FindMadalina. We still need your assistance in continuing to flood the area with her precious face.

We are looking for anyone who may have firsthand information on the whereabouts of Madalina.

If you have information that could help detectives, please contact the Cornelius Police Department at 704-892-7773.

No court date for Madalina’s mother and stepfather until March 2nd. And, neither one has revealed what happened to Madelina. According to this article, one red flag is that the mother and stepfather had an argument the night before Madalina allegedly went missing.

Last edited:
We have no less than 3 or 4 detectives working this case and following up on leads every day,” said Chief of Police David Baucom.

The NC State Bureau of Investigation as well as the Federal Bureau of Investigation have agents from one or both agencies on-site at CPD nearly every day.

“Our highest priority is to find Madalina and we will continue to dedicate as many resources as we need to until we get this case resolved,” Baucom said.

Recap

Nov. 21: CMS video shows Madalina getting off a school bus in Victoria Bay.

Nov. 23: Date that Diana Cojocari says she last saw Madalina, at 2200 hours. Mother, stepfather also argue.

Nov. 24: Date Palmiter says he drove to Michigan to “pick up items.”

Dec. 17: Mother, step-father arrested.

Dec. 20: Prayer vigil at Smithville Park.

—Police have seized three cell phones; the mother stated Madalina did not have a phone.

—A search warrant says “persons who commit crime often change the phone numbers they use to communicate following their commission of crime. However, these individuals often continue to communicate with associates through alternate means, including newly established cellular telephone numbers.”

—Diana Cojoari has said her husband “put the family in danger.”

—Diana Cojocari and Christopher Palmiter remain in jail, with bail set at $250,000 and $200,000 respectively.

Anyone with information on Madalina’s whereabouts is being asked to call the Cornelius Police Department at 704-892-7773 or the FBI at 1-800-CALL FBI. To remain anonymous, call North Mecklenburg Crime Stoppers at 704-896-7867.

319889219_531117722269426_5101228443910035_n-750x822.jpg

The statute prosecutors said the parents violated is Caylee’s Law.

The law was created after the case of Casey Anthony, whose two-year-old daughter, Caylee, was killed in 2008 in Florida. The law makes it a felony when a parent or caretaker “knowingly or wantonly fails to report the disappearance of a child to law enforcement.”

Home Depot, Walmart, Gas Stations, etc are especially helpful is providing evidence (surveillance cameras, purchase receipts). I wonder if CP stopped at any of these locations on his Thanksgiving drive from NC to MI on Thanksgiving Day? I wonder if he made incriminating purchases on this travel route?

I believe DC took her daughter and hid her from CP. Something damaging was either going on with MC (or about to start) initiated by CP. Perhaps SA. And DC took her daughter and put her in a safe place.
I think CP's quick trip to MI was to look for MC after he demanded to know where the girl was; perhaps DC told him that's where she sent her daughter to put him off track. And is why he asked her was she hiding MC from him. Because MC would be able to tell what he had done or was going to do. I think that plywood room was going to be for MC, and with no outsiders ever visiting, who would know about it other than DC? DC as a mother might choose to hide her daughter from her husband and be jailed rather than reveal what happened and give CP a chance to go after her if he made bail and she did not or could not. With her daughter safe, she doesn't have to say a thing.
Moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member