NC NC - Madalina Cojocari, 11, reported Missing Dec 2022 three Weeks After Last Seen, Cornelius, *Parents Arrested* #3

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It's all as if torn from a Netflix script but is it possible that the marriage was lopsided from the start, troubled throughout, and if she made a movement toward ending the marriage he had other plans? There is a portion of human trafficking that, while maybe not celebrated, is tolerated -- mail order.

Rather than lose money in a divorce, was there a way to capitalize? Did she become aware of his plan and tried to go underground for both her and her daughter's protection but was only able to effect it for her daughter? Money quietly set aside in order to leave the marriage carefully (as is often recommended) but soon became right now?

I know there are few fans of the mother on the thread, but I just wonder if we can't reverse engineer the details and see a situation with clarity.

Assume she was a mail order bride, assume it was an unbalanced marriage, assume she was trying to extricate herself from bad marriage. Money set aside, secrecy, waiting for the right moment.

We know he has resources (made bail). She may not.

Assume no one is covering up a murder.

If we could read ahead to the last chapter, what if the daughter is alive, safe through an underground?

If any part of my scenario is true, isn't mom behaving exactly like one would expect, especially if she feels she can't trust anyone, LE included.

Perhaps she's experienced years of not being believed.

So she'll sit in silence knowing she's at least safe and so is her daughter and the longer she stays that way, the longer they stay safe.

I can't find a way to make anything else make sense.

So just, what if?

JMO

It's all as if torn from a Netflix script but is it possible that the marriage was lopsided from the start, troubled throughout, and if she made a movement toward ending the marriage he had other plans? There is a portion of human trafficking that, while maybe not celebrated, is tolerated -- mail order.

Rather than lose money in a divorce, was there a way to capitalize? Did she become aware of his plan and tried to go underground for both her and her daughter's protection but was only able to effect it for her daughter? Money quietly set aside in order to leave the marriage carefully (as is often recommended) but soon became right now?

I know there are few fans of the mother on the thread, but I just wonder if we can't reverse engineer the details and see a situation with clarity.

Assume she was a mail order bride, assume it was an unbalanced marriage, assume she was trying to extricate herself from bad marriage. Money set aside, secrecy, waiting for the right moment.

If we could read ahead to the last chapter, what if the daughter is alive, safe through an underground?

If any part of my scenario is true, isn't mom behaving exactly like one would expect, especially if she feels she can't trust anyone, LE included.

Perhaps she's experienced years of not be ining believed.

So she'll sit in silence knowing she's at least safe and so is her daughter and the longer she stays that way, the longer they stay safe.

So just, what if?

JMO
I agree. With zero trust, she probably just feels safer.
and there are probably some on the outside who she is deathly afraid of

But, where IS Madeline?

So just, what if?

JMO
This is what I have believed all along.
Mum chose not to attend a bond hearing, she wants to stay inside. The only reason I can understand is feeling more safe in prison than on the outside.

So just, what if?

JMO
This is what I've long wanted to believe, and so many of the facts (potentially) fit. But then...what was being burned in the yard for days after she was last seen?

Reading the case file from here eCourts Portal if you click on the case number and scroll down to CASE EVENTS there's 2 motions from the 17th that both say the same thing:

"TO EXLUDE HEARSAY- MANESS AND WEEKS" I'm stumped on what that means?
I've edited my response four times. Sorry for confusion:

Just found the site with info you are referring to . Wondering if Maness and Weeks are the names of lawyers who filed the motions referred to by that particular line item. I believe there is an Atty Weeks in Charlotte.

Palmiter's Atty is:
ROSEMAN, BRANDON RICE
Court Appointed

I see only two Expert witnesses listed for the state:

JasonD, Whitt, FBI, ComputerAnalysisResponseTeam
(Expertise:DigitalForensics)

Laura Haller,FBI, ComputerAnalysisResponseTeam

State Attorney
PERLMAN, HEIDI MARIE . Retained
State Attorney
BUNTING, WILLIAM C. Jr. Retained

Last edited:
I've edited my response four times. Sorry for confusion:

Just found the site with info you are referring to . Wondering if Maness and Weeks are the names of lawyers who filed the motions referred to by that particular line item. I believe there is an Atty Weeks in Charlotte.

Palmiter's Atty is:
ROSEMAN, BRANDON RICE
Court Appointed

I see only two Expert witnesses listed for the state:

JasonD, Whitt, FBI, ComputerAnalysisResponseTeam

Laura Haller,FBI, ComputerAnalysisResponseTeam

State Attorney
PERLMAN, HEIDI MARIE . Retained
State Attorney
BUNTING, WILLIAM C. Jr. Retained
It never even crossed my mind they might be names, so good catch there.
I do wonder why you'd need a motion to exclude heresay though. I didn't even think it was admissable.
Although I've not followed many trials so maybe it is.

Diana Cojocari is scheduled to appear in court for an arraignment Monday morning. But, will she ?.... Tomorrow will be an interesting day, what with CP's trial and DC's (possible?) arraignment.

On Monday, the mother and stepfather of the missing teen, Madalina Cojocari, are set to face a judge.

Cojocari will appear in Mecklenburg County Court on Monday for an arraignment, and Palmiter will appear for a jury trial.

It never even crossed my mind they might be names, so good catch there.
I do wonder why you'd need a motion to exclude heresay though. I didn't even think it was admissable.
Although I've not followed many trials so maybe it is.
I have never seen a motion to exclude hearsay either.

Shouldn't jury selection have started about now? I'm not seeing any updated news reports. Does anyone know what's going on with this trial? Why isn't media all over it?
I've checked the early morning news reports from all of the TV stations in the area, and they all said that they would have a reporter in the court room and would give updates. Haven't seen any updates yet, but it was only scheduled to start a half hour ago. I didn't think it would be televised, but was still hoping that it might be -- apparently not.

I've checked the early morning news reports from all of the TV stations in the area, and they all said that they would have a reporter in the court room and would give updates. Haven't seen any updates yet, but it was only scheduled to start a half hour ago. I didn't think it would be televised, but was still hoping that it might be -- apparently not.
@Unalienable Rights Thanks for responding. Glad to know I am not the only person interested in this trial. I'm honestly shocked at the LE and media silence surrounding this case.

Madalina Cojocari’s mother pleads guilty to failing to report her disappearance​

CHARLOTTE — On Monday, the mother of missing Cornelius girl Madalina Cojocari pleaded guilty in connection with her daughter’s disappearance.
Diana’s plea was not part of a deal, and sentencing is completely up to the court.

Palmiter was also expected to be in court Monday for a jury trial. He has pleaded not guilty to his charge.

@Unalienable Rights Thanks for responding. Glad to know I am not the only person interested in this trial. I'm honestly shocked at the LE and media silence surrounding this case.
I can understand why LE isn't revealing everything they know. I think the media has been doing a pretty good job of keeping the public informed to the best of their ability. There just hasn't been anything new to report.

I have WSOC 24/7 news on, in the background, on my computer. Their reporter who is at the courthouse was just on, and he said that jury selection should be starting soon. He said he'll have another report in about a half an hour.

According to a Mecklenburg County judge, because the mother, Diana Cojocari, is not a citizen and only has a Green Card, and has pleaded guilty to a felony, she will likely be deported.

Diana Cojocari acknowledged that she understood.

Court is now adjourned. Diana Cojocari will be released from jail shortly on Monday, as she has already served the maximum sentence.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay
Back