NC NC - Madalina Cojocari, 11, reported Missing Dec 2022 three Weeks After Last Seen, Cornelius, *Parents Arrested* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
i really would like to hold out hope that maybe she ran away. But the burning of the couch during that time just wouldn’t line up for that. I really hope LE has something they haven’t released yet.
This was me too. That or someone helped her leave, maybe one of those organizations who help abuse children to escape-but I agree, how do you then explain the fire?
I also thought at one point-maybe it was a bizarre cult thing where they had to surrender their child- I read some crazy cult stuff (yikes), but it all still doesn’t fit. IMO.
Where are you sweet girl?

I thought about other scenarios for example MC ran away, was gave away, is staying somewhere safe with family.

Nothing other then foul play doesn’t make sense to me though. In other scenarios like ran away parents would report her missing. They wouldn’t sit in jail for her running away . Also burning in the backyard is not something normal to do I assume? I mean to burn furnitures. It adds up too nicely during MC disappearance to be a coincidence. Unless it was regular thing they did burning their furnitures( sarcasm).
IMO

Published Jan 3, 2023
.......Palmiter returned from Michigan a little over 48 hours after leaving, according to the arrest sheet, arriving back in North Carolina on the evening of Nov. 26.

It is still not clear where he went in Michigan, but he had previously worked in the city of Holland, which is a 750-mile drive from Cornelius.

That trip would require close to 24 hours of driving to get to Michigan and back.....

Last edited:
Published Jan. 4, 2023
The search warrants for Palmiter’s cell phone, call detail records for him and Cojocari, and for the search of the family’s home are all sealed until at least the end of March. The judge who signed the order to seal them said it was to protect the investigation.

There is notably no search warrant for Madalina’s mother’s phone.
“It may not be there; it may already be destroyed; it may be a simple flip phone where you don’t even have data,” Lee conjectured. “I would be curious as to why, for sure, that’s a big question. As a defense attorney, I want to know why that phone wasn’t seized and searched.”

Published Jan. 4, 2023
The search warrants for Palmiter’s cell phone, call detail records for him and Cojocari, and for the search of the family’s home are all sealed until at least the end of March. The judge who signed the order to seal them said it was to protect the investigation.

“It may not be there; it may already be destroyed; it may be a simple flip phone where you don’t even have data,” Lee conjectured. “I would be curious as to why, for sure, that’s a big question. As a defense attorney, I want to know why that phone wasn’t seized and searched.”

I wonder if Madalina had a cell phone. We purchased my kid one in 3rd grade when our lives were changing a lot and I needed a way to get a hold of him in case of an emergency so he wouldn't panic if I was a few minutes late to pick him up. With her taking the bus I could see wanting her to have a cell for even something as simple as tracking.

I wonder if Madalina had a cell phone. We purchased my kid one in 3rd grade when our lives were changing a lot and I needed a way to get a hold of him in case of an emergency so he wouldn't panic if I was a few minutes late to pick him up. With her taking the bus I could see wanting her to have a cell for even something as simple as tracking.
Diana Cojocari reportedly told the detective that her daughter did not have a phone and that a bookbag with some of her clothes were missing.

Diana Cojocari reportedly told the detective that her daughter did not have a phone and that a bookbag with some of her clothes were missing.
The missing bookbag and clothes is curious. Did they report that because they wanted to make it look like she ran away? That doesn't explain their other actions, though. So sad.
So many possibilities, but very few that result in a positive outcome.
I hope they get to the bottom of this quickly.

The missing bookbag and clothes is curious. Did they report that because they wanted to make it look like she ran away? That doesn't explain their other actions, though. So sad.
So many possibilities, but very few that result in a positive outcome.
I hope they get to the bottom of this quickly.
IMO DC reported it in order to make it look like CP packed up a bag and whisked Madalina out of bed before leaving for Michigan. And that might even be true but the rest of her statements and actions don't really support that scenario.

I do think LE is way ahead of us in this case. I've been following the Idaho murders and was shocked after reading the probable cause doc this morning at how soon they tracked down the (alleged) perp and how much evidence they had. I know not every jurisdiction is that sharp but more often as not when the full story comes out it turns out that LE was on top from early on. MOO of course.

IMO DC reported it in order to make it look like CP packed up a bag and whisked Madalina out of bed before leaving for Michigan. And that might even be true but the rest of her statements and actions don't really support that scenario.

I do think LE is way ahead of us in this case. I've been following the Idaho murders and was shocked after reading the probable cause doc this morning at how soon they tracked down the (alleged) perp and how much evidence they had. I know not every jurisdiction is that sharp but more often as not when the full story comes out it turns out that LE was on top from early on. MOO of course.

More often than not, this is exactly the case. Whenever I see someone say something like "I think LE might know than they're letting on" I have to laugh because yes, yes they do ;)

In Madalina's case, I don't think she'll be found alive, and I think LE already know this. I think it's just a matter of evidence gathering now. Even if neither parent tell what they know, it won't matter due to evidence.

jmo

Agreed.
With the backpack- I wonder if she thought initially it would make him look like he took her to MI. Bag with her homework for break and some clothes to visit family. Then it would make sense why she thought CP had taken her with him. But the couch scenario ends that all. Unless she thought she could convince them it was simply something they did-until the neighbors spoke up.
Also-been following the ID murder case as well, today was an eerie, sad day. But also hope for justice. I can only hope that MCs team have been able to dig up that amount of evidence so maybe she has hopes to bring her home and give her some justice as well.

I am very interested in this trip to Michigan to "recover some items"
Like, what kind of items ??

I am thinking he TOOK things here, not picked up and brought back to recover them from here.

I see a road trip in my future and it's not that far away.
JMO

bbm

Pics or it didn't happen!

A poster up thread noticed that CP graduated from Grand Ledge High School.

Last edited:
Published Jan. 4, 2023

Bbm. Apologies if this is a dumb question, has there been confirmation Madalina's mother has/had a cell phone?

Agreed.
With the backpack- I wonder if she thought initially it would make him look like he took her to MI. Bag with her homework for break and some clothes to visit family. Then it would make sense why she thought CP had taken her with him. But the couch scenario ends that all. Unless she thought she could convince them it was simply something they did-until the neighbors spoke up.
Also-been following the ID murder case as well, today was an eerie, sad day. But also hope for justice. I can only hope that MCs team have been able to dig up that amount of evidence so maybe she has hopes to bring her home and give her some justice as well.
Plus this whole business of burning either the couch cushions or the entire couch (it's not clear since some msm say cushions and a couple say couch) really throws a wrench in any plausible story.

Who the heck decides to have a huge multi-day backyard burning that causes neighbors to call 911 and the fire department while your kid is missing? "Hey honey, let's burn that ugly couch while the weather's good. Oh, and have you seen Madalina?" Not that either of them said this but that's how it feels IMO.

Odd that mom would not have a cell phone considering the grandfather said she would call when the husband was not around. If the husband was not around, one would assume his cell phone would be with him not her? If the thought is that the husband/stepfather was controlling and therefore would not allow her to have a cell phone, why would he then give her his phone and then leave?

VOIP #? Skype on computer? Secret burner cell phone?

Although he said the mother and daughter seemed happy, Victor claimed Diana could only call when her husband was out of the house.
Family of missing Madalina Cojocari, 11, breaks silence with heartbreaking note

Interesting post from Madison County NC Sheriff. Says “One of the family members was in the Madison County area. If anyone has any information please contact the Madison County Sheriff’s Office 828-649-2721.”

Includes photos of the parents vehicle (finally) and only Diana’s photos. Includes photos that i have not seen that appear more recent. I am curious if these photos are from Diana’s cell phone.

It doesn’t seem that Diana is being followed or forced if she was in fact alone in the Asheville area.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong