NC NC - Madalina Cojocari, 11, reported Missing Dec 2022 three Weeks After Last Seen, Cornelius, *Parents Arrested* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both are off court calendar in my searches today.
Well that's certainly curious.

ETA: this explains it:

Also: a grand jury indicted Diana Cojocari and Christopher Palmiter on Tuesday, which essentially means their case moves from the lower district court to the higher superior court. Their next court appearance has not been scheduled.

@Alethea and @Ontario Mom Thanks for explaining. The GJ indictment changes the court. The parents cases will be "upgraded" to Superior Court.
Interesting! I was just guessing. Are there new charges? Were the original ones not felonies? Some states have a division where felonies start in Superior Court and misdemeanors are held in District Court, but I didn't think losing your child was a misdemeanor?

I guess we will see!

It is curious, they were both probable cause hearings.

I think the grand jury indictment changes the due process. Instead of a probable cause hearing the next step becomes an arraignment followed by the various motions and hearings we see in other cases. They’ll either go to trial or cut a deal. And of course new charges could happen depending on what the investigation uncovers.

IANAL so this is based on what my understanding is from research and following other cases. YMMV and MOO.

Police searching for missing North Carolina 11-year-old Madalina Cojocari are asking the public on Friday for more information regarding her mother and a Toyota Prius.
[snip]
Police searching for missing North Carolina 11-year-old Madalina Cojocari are asking the public on Friday for more information regarding her mother and a Toyota Prius.
poster w images of car and DC

OOPS ETA link to the article

Last edited:
Interesting! I was just guessing. Are there new charges? Were the original ones not felonies? Some states have a division where felonies start in Superior Court and misdemeanors are held in District Court, but I didn't think losing your child was a misdemeanor?

I guess we will see!
AFAIK, there is no report of new charges. However, today is Felony Friday.

Same impression. LE's implication was clear in the post that DC is believed to have been in Madison County NC sometime between Nov 22 - Dec15. MOO!
Curious. Unless I am getting the locations wrong or I mapped it wrong, Madison County is a two-hour drive - over 100 miles - from where they live. It's up closer to the mountains.

Curious. Unless I am getting the locations wrong or I mapped it wrong, Madison County is a two-hour drive - over 100 miles - from where they live. It's up closer to the mountains.
That is correct. The family lives in Cornelius. LE is interested in hearing from people in Madison County. LE wants to know if anyone has seen DC and or her vehicle in that area. LE has reason to believe DC traveled from Cornelius to Madison with Madalina. If you read today's posts, it will become clearer.

So in todays poster, the necklace seen on MC before appears more clear. What also seems interesting, is that it almost seems as if DC is wearing the matching earrings in the photos on that poster. Is it me?

I-26, which is IMHO the best way to go from I-81 to Asheville coming from the north, passes through Madison County.
ETA: coming from the north

Here's some info about Madison County.

As we know, Madalina and her parents live in Cornelius.
Madison County is about 95 miles northeast of Cornelius.

Last edited:

I guess we will see!
Failure to report a missing child is a felony in NC. I was happy to see that…I believe I or another poster shared a link somewhere early in thread one.

Judge says she'll unseal the affidavit and parts of the search warrants. The WBTV petitioner argued that there is great public interest in finding Madalina and knowing what happened. He also argued that the warrants contained nothing that would prejudice a jury or the prosecution against the defendants. He also said if the warrants were not released the public would then speculate, which is not helpful in the search for Madalina.

The judge decided:

1. The affidavit will be unsealed as the details there are already public knowledge.
2. Certain parts of the search warrants that the public already know will be unsealed.
3. The warrants will be redacted for some information such as what items were returned to the family after the search was completed.

Reporter says expect new details with some information still held back. Judge said she'll release a more detailed order later today.

DC and CP had attorneys with them today but made no statements. LE is still asking for tips on the Madison county sightings.

That is correct. The family lives in Cornelius. LE is interested in hearing from people in Madison County. LE wants to know if anyone has seen DC and or her vehicle in that area. LE has reason to believe DC traveled from Cornelius to Madison with Madalina. If you read today's posts, it will become clearer.
I have been keeping up. I just didn't know where Madison County was in relation to where they lived, so I looked it up. I wonder what led them to that location. Cell phone records, maybe? Also curious as to whether they think Madalina was with her, as you say, or if they are just trying to find out why DC may have gone there - following up all possible leads.

I have been keeping up. I just didn't know where Madison County was in relation to where they lived, so I looked it up. I wonder what led them to that location. Cell phone records, maybe? Also curious as to whether they think Madalina was with her, as you say, or if they are just trying to find out why DC may have gone there - following up all possible leads.
I am curious too.

I cannot imagine the smell of a cat-pee soaked sofa burning. I also don't think that's why they were doing it.

Where I live, the waste disposal company will pick up old sofas, but you have to call and ask them to bring the "big truck" and then you have to completely wrap it in plastic and put the cushions in garbage bags. That is certainly less hassle (and smell!) than burning it, unless it was covered in something you didn't want other people to see...
I have to revisit the old thread to get the exact timing---

Back when Hailey Dunn, age 13, went missing, her mim and boyfriend had put their couch on front for the garbage men to pick it up. IIRC, it was right after she was reported missing.

And according to her older brother, Hailey used to sleep on the couch most nights, because she liked to watch tv as she went to sleep.

So this couch thing really interests me.

I am getting a very bad vibe about mom. I keep returning to the words spoken between parents about "hiding" Madalina

Did DC take Madalina to Madison County and return home to Cornelius without her?
There is a huge Russian population in and around Asheville NC. WLOS (Asheville station) reported on the search in Madison county. As soon as I heard this it kind of clicked, I bet she is hidden for some real or supposed safety reasons. IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa