NC NC - Madalina Cojocari, 11, reported Missing Dec 2022 three Weeks After Last Seen, Cornelius, *Parents Arrested* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
March 21, 2023
1679419079332.png
''CORNELIUS, N.C. — Cornelius Police Chief David Baucom hoped to reassure the Cornelius community on Tuesday that the investigation into the disappearance of 11-year-old Madalina Cojocari is not a cold case.

Cojocari was seen walking off a school bus on Nov. 21, 2022. Her mother, Diana Cojocari, last saw her at their Cornelius home on Nov. 23, but her mother didn’t report her missing until Dec. 15, 22 days later.

Baucom addressed Madalina’s case and the next steps in the investigation during a breakfast open to the community.

“The next steps are what we’re doing right now. We’re still following up on leads. It is still an active investigation,” Baucom said.

In January, Diana Cojocari and Christopher Palmiter, Madalina’s stepfather, each were indicted by a grand jury on the charge of failing to report the disappearance of a child to law enforcement.''

March 21, 2023
View attachment 410309
''CORNELIUS, N.C. — Cornelius Police Chief David Baucom hoped to reassure the Cornelius community on Tuesday that the investigation into the disappearance of 11-year-old Madalina Cojocari is not a cold case.

Cojocari was seen walking off a school bus on Nov. 21, 2022. Her mother, Diana Cojocari, last saw her at their Cornelius home on Nov. 23, but her mother didn’t report her missing until Dec. 15, 22 days later.

Baucom addressed Madalina’s case and the next steps in the investigation during a breakfast open to the community.

“The next steps are what we’re doing right now. We’re still following up on leads. It is still an active investigation,” Baucom said.

In January, Diana Cojocari and Christopher Palmiter, Madalina’s stepfather, each were indicted by a grand jury on the charge of failing to report the disappearance of a child to law enforcement.''
“This is not a cold case. We have detectives working this case every single day,” Baucom said. “We just can’t talk about it. Just because we’re not talking about it, doesn’t mean we’re not doing anything.”

Lets hope that means they will be able to solve this soon.

March 21, 2023
View attachment 410309

From above link and BBM:

"Kolko said detectives will treat the case as a rescue mission until they have a reason to think otherwise.

This is not a standard kidnapping or missing person’s case,” Kolko said. “There are a lot of tentacles into this investigation.”

Kolko said there are a lot of people to speak with in the case.

“Law enforcement has worked hard to develop not only a suspect list, but a witness list,” Kolko said.

Officials are still asking for the public’s help to solve the case. If you have any information, you are asked to contact the Cornelius Police Department."

This is an interesting statement to make, coupled with the reporting quoting Kolko as saying it was a rescue mission until it was thought otherwise. There is so much more to this than we know. JMO

Per your link,Channel 9 spoke with Rich Kolko retired FBI special agent.
He frequently opines on crimes in the news. MOO

From above link and BBM:

"Kolko said detectives will treat the case as a rescue mission until they have a reason to think otherwise.

This is not a standard kidnapping or missing person’s case,” Kolko said. “There are a lot of tentacles into this investigation.”

Kolko said there are a lot of people to speak with in the case.

“Law enforcement has worked hard to develop not only a suspect list, but a witness list,” Kolko said.

Officials are still asking for the public’s help to solve the case. If you have any information, you are asked to contact the Cornelius Police Department."

This is an interesting statement to make, coupled with the reporting quoting Kolko as saying it was a rescue mission until it was thought otherwise. There is so much more to this than we know. JMO

Last edited:
dbl post

Last edited:
Cornelius Police Chief David Baucom in North Carolina said this week that the disappearance of 11-year-old Madalina Cojocari is not a cold case, despite the lack of current updates, WSOC-TV reports.

“This is not a cold case. We have detectives working this case every single day,” Baucom said during a community breakfast event in Cornelius. “We just can’t talk about it. Just because we’re not talking about it, doesn’t mean we’re not doing anything.”

“The next steps are what we’re doing right now. We’re still following up on leads. It is still an active investigation.”
As CrimeOnline previously reported, Madalina was reported missing in Cornelius on December 15, although her mother, 35-year-old Diana Cojocari, says she hasn’t seen her since November 23. The FBI and several other agencies, including the State Bureau of Investigation, have joined the investigation.

According to an arrest affidavit, Cojocari told detectives that she didn’t immediately report Madalina missing because she was concerned that her husband, Christopher Palmiter, 60, would put her family in danger and that it “might start a conflict” with him.

I have not stopped thinking of Madalina. I visit this site every morning
and google Madalina's name every night. I'm at a loss for words until we hear something new. It seems everything that could be said about Madalina, her mother and step-father has already been said.

I have not stopped thinking of Madalina. I visit this site every morning
and google Madalina's name every night. I'm at a loss for words until we hear something new. It seems everything that could be said about Madalina, her mother and step-father has already been said.
I feel the same. I try to comfort myself by thinking that LE is working on this out of our knowledge. We may not know much, but they could be very close to answers.
I also feel this may involve international co-operation which may be taking some time due to legal formalities.
Keep your chin up, you are not alone. JMO

IX73FXTSBVBW3ESWSG43I34WAA.png

CORNELIUS, N.C. — It’s been months since Madalina Cojocari was last seen in Cornelius, but her 12th birthday is coming up, and the Cornelius Police Department is inviting the public to celebrate her.

Cojocari was seen walking off a school bus on Nov. 21, 2022. Her mother, Diana Cojocari, last saw her at their Cornelius home on Nov. 23, but her mother didn’t report her missing until Dec. 15, 22 days later. Since then, her mother and stepfather have been charged with failure to report the disappearance of a child.

Madalina’s 12th birthday is on Tuesday, April 11th. The Cornelius Police Department says a celebration will happen at the department’s headquarters, at 21440 Catawba Avenue.
While Madalina’s whereabouts aren’t currently known, investigators say they’re still following up on leads and are hopeful for a break in the case

"While Madalina’s whereabouts aren’t currently known, investigators say they’re still following up on leads and are hopeful for a break in the case"

They're "hopeful for a break in the case?" :confused: That is depressing to hear. I had hoped they had it pretty much figured out already. It sounds as though they do not.

CORNELIUS, N.C. (WBTV) - Cornelius Police Department is hosting a birthday celebration for missing soon-to-be 12-year-old Madalina Cojocari.

The celebration will be held at 6 p.m. April 11 at the police department’s westside parking lot at 21440 Catawba Avenue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member