Found Deceased NC - Maddox Ritch, 6 w/Autism, Gastonia, 22 Sept 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps dad was searching?
Perhaps.
I'm hoping he is just lost and will be found playing hide, and seek.
I hope he is still alive, but after knowing the outcome of so many recent missing children cases, I can't help but think no one is above suspicion. No question should go unasked, or unanswered, no stone unturned.
Every question is vital, every little detail is vital, when a child is missing.

I'm not liking this at all.
Why? Why did Rich Fox make the call to 911,and not the dad? Why was the dad not there when the 911 call was made?
These are very important questions. When a precious vulnerable child is missing.

I believe the 911 caller said the father was out in the park looking for him at the time of the 911 call.

Edit to say. Ignore. I’m confused. Lol
Maybe FBI isn’t protecting the other adult. Maybe there wasn’t another adult?
I’m trying to keep up. Has it been verified or just part of the story told there was another adult?

Last edited:
Maybe FBI isn’t protecting the other adult. Maybe there wasn’t another adult?
I’m trying to keep up. Has it been verified or just part of the story told there was another adult?
Nevemind. I’m getting myself confused. The 911 caller confirms two adults. He assumes the women is the mother. So the women has not been named by the FBI for whatever reason.

Thank you for reminding all of us.

Sometimes, it's difficult not to dissect every word that LE, a family member or a friend says when there's a missing child, but it's important to remember that these people are stressed and often have had little sleep or no sleep. Please take note of the case of Isabel Celis, a 6 year taken from her bed in 2012. For six years Isabel's parents have endured speculation and outright accusations of harming their daughter - until a little more than a week ago when a stranger was charged in the abduction and murder of Isabel as well as another child. Please read the apology written by a reporter at the Arizona Star to Sergio and Becky Celis here:

Steller column: After indictment, we owe the parents of Isabel Celis an apology

Children with autism who are runners are not the same as children without autism who run from their parents. A child with autism typically has no sense of danger of getting lost or harmed and they run like someone with an adrenaline rush. Often, we don't even know why they are running. I don't know how to describe how quickly they can get away, They do not look for cars, or things they could trip on; they don't pause for people or objects in their path. There is no hesitation at all. You have to experience it to really understand.

Maybe there is something sinister in this case, but just maybe there isn't. There is nothing to prove that what the father said is not true. If LE comes to believe what the father told them is false, they will state that in time and we can discuss it then.

I've never had the pleasure of hanging with an autistic child this age so I'm not sure about their mannerisms but this got me thinking about gps for kids. I wish there was a foundation or charity that could provide these sort of devices free to parents with kids that have tendencies to dart off.

My oldest has a phone now with the Life 360 app so I can always see where he is if I want, but I want something for my 5 year old because I am a paranoid parent. So I've been looking into different devices that he will actually keep on or what about smaller devices or even something that can be put in a shoe?

Best GPS Trackers for Kids 2018

I

(Edited to be sure I am within the rules!)
What we want to see is, "I did not hurt my son."
It's hard to just make sense of it for you; I've been learning SA for close to a decade. I'm not a professional by any means, but the " I would never hurt... " bothers me. Baby Alaya 's father said that same thing.

I don't think I'm permitted to link to the site I want, but Google "statement analysis" and you'll find a blogspot . Search it for "I did not" vs "I would not".
I honestly never put much weight behind how things are worded. I know that if someone were to ask me if I did something to my son, the first thing I'd say is "I'd never hurt my son."

‘National Center for Missing and Exploited Children VP weighs in on Maddox Ritch search’
National Center for Missing and Exploited Children VP weighs in on Maddox Ritch search

NCMEC on Twitter
Autistic kids aren't afraid of the dark?? I'd better tell my son that. I hate sweeping generalizations about autism. The dad said something similar and it made my blood boil. Of course a little boy away from his mom, in the cold alone, would feel fear. Autism doesn't erase fear and for many it causes more, i.e. anxiety.

I've never had the pleasure of hanging with an autistic child this age so I'm not sure about their mannerisms but this got me thinking about gps for kids. I wish there was a foundation or charity that could provide these sort of devices free to parents with kids that have tendencies to dart off.

My oldest has a phone now with the Life 360 app so I can always see where he is if I want, but I want something for my 5 year old because I am a paranoid parent. So I've been looking into different devices that he will actually keep on or what about smaller devices or even something that can be put in a shoe?

Best GPS Trackers for Kids 2018
There are small trackers for adults with dementia that would probably work well. The problem would be concealing it in a way that isn't able to be felt or sensed in any way, and remembering to take it out to charge often and return it. I agree though that there should be an easy to use product even just for special days out to new places where parents might not have been able to risk assess the area first.

"Everybody looks at you as a monster, and I regretted it since the moment it happened," Ian Ritch told "Good Morning America." ...

I don't like the way the father sounded in that interview with GMA. Said he feels guilty and then adds something about being able to go into his house and lie down in a bed and then says while his son MIGHT be out there in the woods. I really wonder what "it" was that he regrets happened.

It concerns me that the facts keep changing.

The area where he was last seen shouldn’t change.

Did both adults chase after him? Or just his dad? Or three adults chased after him, as some of the early reports stated.

Did both adults lose sight of him? Or just the dad?

I try to stay hopeful but the vast majority of the missing children cases I have followed don’t end well. Hoping he will be found safe!

I am sticking with the theory that MR is in the park area. Here are a few scenarios I have been tossing around in my own head.

Child runs. He’s fast but better still he is very good at hide and seek. This could give him an opportunity to sneak away bit by bit while his dad and the other adult call his name out. Children can become invisible very quickly. And, they are small. It’s an obvious statement BUT being small is a factor. They can hide and fit places adults cannot.

Some thoughts -

He could have run fast and instantly sunk or fell into a hole or some other earth formation that could conceal and cause injury - Tree fall, root mass, swamp.

He could have jumped in the lake water or other water and became entangled in weeds or sucked under by bottom mud. Not sure if there are heavy currents in the lake but I did see a culvert in one of the pictures. He could have been swept under and lodged somewhere.

Have they looked up in the search - is he a climber? Could he have scaled a tree? Could he have climbed a tree and then fell only to become ensnared in branches?

Could he have accessed a man made item like an animal trap, a car or a boat? Found a small and “safe” hiding place that he could not get out of? I remember the “don’t climb in an old refrigerator” safety PSAs from when I was a kid.

Up in the trees, below the earth surface (hole, cave, gulch, swamp) in the water (reeds, mud, currents, rock beds), or in a man made structure (animal traps, car trunk, boat compartments)

This all my own opinion and LE has probs covered all of the above, but I thought I would put it out there for our discussion.

So much time....so many trained professional searchers.....so many questions.....and hearing the 911 guy has made me very sad. My brain is starting to insert words like 'gone' and 'hidden', when I read missing. Poor Maddox.....does he go by Maddox or Max?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa