Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was it mentioned where this pond is they are searching now?

She will be judged no matter what she does or does not do.It is not like she was wearing a cocktail dress and heels.I agree she probably has had little sleep and knew she would be ridiculed about appearance.

Geez, can't keep up. Could you provide me the link that everyone's talking about her appearance? TIA :)

not the case at all, but statistics show that children who LIVE with a man who is not their father are at greater risk of abuse or death. it's not right that the women have to modify their behavior bc of men's actions, but with children involved, it's better than leaving them at risk. Women can date of course. But introducing a man to the woman's child or cohabitating must be done carefully and with much caution. I'm a single mom and I subscribe to this lifestyle - not dating (for now) or living with a man. I have been in an abusive marriage and study psychopathy, narcissists, and sociopaths. One in 20 people are psychopaths, and men are more often psychopathic than women, so it's more like one in ten men is on the spectrum of psychopathy. And those who are single by mid-life are usually the ones who were not able to forge lasting relationships or who were divorced by women who caught them lying/cheating or who were alcoholic, gamblers or *advertiser censored*/sex addicts. Not a good pool to choose from.
Well my mom had 4 children when she married my step dad. He was a better dad than my bio dad. You can't paint all relationships with one brush.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I have a question. Mariah wore leg braces. I would imagine she didnt wear them to bed. Grandma said she had a distinctive walk without them? In any event, I want to know why she needed leg braces. Vitamin deficiency causing poor bone growth, congenital defect? what?

Well my mom had 4 children when she married my step dad. He was a better dad than my bio dad. You can't paint all relationships with one brush.

Yes, but your mum had better judgement, the second time around. I bet that she knew him for more than a few months when she married him.

Just so I got this straight...
People are supposed to live without adult companionship and love until their children are 18?

I can’t speak for anyone but myself, but I just want people to be careful, take their time getting to know someone, wait to introduce them to the kids. And that goes for ALL single parents.

I have a question. Mariah wore leg braces. I would imagine she didnt wear them to bed. Grandma said she had a distinctive walk without them? In any event, I want to know why she needed leg braces. Vitamin deficiency causing poor bone growth, congenital defect? what?

She may have had talipes (club foot), which is now completely correctable with physio and braces to keep the foot and ankle in alignment.

no one is grouping all relationships with step-parents together. It's playing the odds, and the odds are tipped against kids of live-in boyfriends.

I don’t understand the speculation that a child said to be in underpants (potty trained) is questionable just because the child is 3. I have 5 kids and every one is different so I understand other kids being vastly different as well, but all of mine have been fully potty trained well before 3 years old. It doesn’t sound like Mariah had any developmental disabilities, just an orthopedic issue with her legs and especially for a girl child, being fully potty trained at this age is not abnormal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I agree!
I was potty trained at around 3. I was also sleeping in underwear at night at that age too. Nothing unusual about it.

Every kid is different...as my mom discovered with her youngest.
My brother is 5 1/2 and has only been fully potty trained for maybe a year. He still wears a Pull-Up to bed, though.
There's nothing developmentally wrong with him. He just wasn't ready for the potty yet!

IMO, Mariah being fully potty trained at her age is not unusual at all.

Was the child well taken care of? Was the reason for her bilateral leg braces due to poor nutrition, an accident or was it from birth? I think that would be relevant .

I own a duplex. One side I rent out and the other I live in. One of my tenants, a woman with three children, would bring a man home that she had met that night and he would stay for months and months. She had four live in boyfriends in two years. I don't think any of the children came to any physical harm, but there was emotional harm from the screaming fights and the violence to her. When it was really bad, they would run into my house and hide.

Was the child well taken care of? Was the reason for her bilateral leg braces due to poor nutrition, an accident or was it from birth? I think that would be relevant .

An answer to that has been suggested in #831.

Pretty sure it was a birth defect.
But I don't know for sure.
I don't think that has been mentioned by Mariah's family.

Suggested but not definitive. I wanted to know if there was any history of nutritional deficits etc that might suggest some neglect. I guess we dont have the answer.

Suggested but not definitive. I wanted to know if there was any history of nutritional deficits etc that might suggest some neglect. I guess we dont have the answer.

The old dietary damage disease was Berri Berri, but that affects all the long bones in the legs not just the ankles and feet, she could have also had a very mild cerebral palsy from cord around her neck or an instrumental birth. I don't think that that is relevant. In photos she looks well fed and healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MelonyAnn