Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm still thinking the RSO in the area is responsible.

IMO - LE was vague enough about what they've found that they could possibly have found her. Motivation for not disclosing? Perhaps they actually don't know where the parents are. If the parents are suspect in disappearance, LE would want to be able to have them feel safe enough to make contact. Pure speculation, and of course they are innocent until proven guilty. My hinky meter is off the charts on this one because it really seems like LE is waffling around the truth and being evasive and neutral in their responses.

With it being the holidays when Mariah disappeared, it's possible no one outside the home saw any of them. Especially if they were away from the home earlier, traveling to home, and then unpacking once home. There's days when my husband is the only person I see...

But IMO it is very telling that the public isn't in danger. And that speech about spending time with your kids, supervise your kids, I wonder if LE believes something happened while the children were neglected?

In rural NC, the ME might not arrive at the scene in a particular vehicle, or at all for that matter.

ETA: Also, an ME might have to come from a bigger city. JMO

I thought that an ME, or their representative, had to go to the scene of an unexplained death before a body could be removed?

I honestly wonder if the boyfriend traded her for drugs or something. So she is still alive (maybe) and with someone who obviously isn't going to tell that they have her.
While anything is possible, it's a lot of work to keep a 3 year old.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

He is smart. He knows what the media is trying to do. They (media) want to find the parents so they can harass them and try to get Nancy Grace style sound bites. The media can't be trusted in these types of cases, they're not looking for truth or facts, they just want something juicy to whip up the hoards of people looking to blame someone. I'm sure he knows where the parents are but thankfully he won't feed them to the media sharks.

My point was it would have been much more professional to say "I am not going to disclose that information at this time," or "We are in contact with all parties" instead of laughing like a kid. Most LEOs take their responsibilities very seriously and it's disappointing to see a Sheriff of all people act unprofessionally.

Well, it is getting late over here - hoping there is NOT a #3 thread when I come back in the morning!

Thanks all for posting what was on the presser!

:seeya:

Does anyone know if and when the family took a trip and when they returned?

Wouldn't Mariah's brothers know if she was around Sunday? I mean... come on.

has the mothers fb page gone?

we don't know where they had been on the sunday and don't know what Mariah was wearing when she went missing.....these are basics!

the brothers might be too scared to come forward they don't want to get their mom in trouble

Well, it is getting late over here - hoping there is NOT a #3 thread when I come back in the morning!

Thanks all for posting what was on the presser!

:seeya:

Goodnight, Niner! :eek:fftobed:

My point was it would have been much more professional to say "I am not going to disclose that information at this time," or "We are in contact with all parties" instead of laughing like a kid. Most LEOs take their responsibilities very seriously and it's disappointing to see a Sheriff of all people act unprofessionally.

My thoughts exactly. :notgood:

I have a feeling they didn't find her yet..and if they did they aren't saying yet..but I have a feeling they didn't find her yet..maybe just looking in certain areas by tips etc.
I don't think the bf or mom has confessed yet

The statement that the community is not in danger is telling... If it wasn’t the mom or live in, wouldn't that mean a person on the loose is breaking into homes and stealing babies.

Or maybe there is a possibility that there was a visitor at the trailer that night? MOO

the brothers might be too scared to come forward they don't want to get their mom in trouble
I think they have likely talked to the brothers, but no matter their answers, they will want more witnesses to support their statements.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member