Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Edited bc I was asking about a presser tonight and now see there won't be one.

That is absolutely not true. The media want to have facts to report for a very hungry audience, like you and me. They trust the authorities to provide them with the right information, and it’s their job to ask questions. It’s also their job to investigate. If they didn’t, there would be complaints about that. It is also their job to try to get information from the parents.If a reporter had a sit-down with the mother tonight, that would be a good thing, not a bad thing. That would be a reporter doing their job. Sometimes people say no to interviews. Sometimes they say yes. Sometimes reporters follow them, asking questions. And if you notice, often when that happens, it’s warranted. those reporters are doing the best they can, so keep watching.

I actually WANT reporters to get to her and question her. Best way to get her to trip up....change stories...exhibit questionable behavior and so on....put her in front of cameras.....just like Lisa Irwin's mom. Those interviews were all very telling!

My daughter has similar hair to Mariah, and my husband and I disagree on the color. I woild describe it as blonde, but he insists it's brown.
My other daughter has light strawberry blonde hair, and he calls it light brown.

I think, especially in young children, hair color can be pretty subjective. Unlike eye color, like in the DeOrr case where he obviously had brown eyes and the parents led people to believe they were blue.

The one picture of her, in the pink car, her hair does look blonde, to me, however, the othe two pics, her hair does look light brown.

One thing that raised a red flag with me, is that the mother was not the last person to see her. Mom's bf saw her last, around midnight, when she woke up, and he told her to go back to bed. I hate to be this way, and not accusing him, at this point, but when bfs are the last to see a child, it always makes me feel a little uneasy. Idk how long they've been together though, or any history on him, he may be a great guy, or, he may not.

This is a very sad case that I am just reading about.

What I dont understand is how the Mom saw the child a full hour earlier when she checked on her but the boyfriend was the last person to see the child because he says he told the child to go back to bed around midnight.

So if the boyfriend was actually the last one to see the child then where was he and why didnt the Mom also see the child then? Werent they both in the same room?
You would think they both would have seen her at the same time.

"Kristy Woods told WITN-TV in Greenville that she last saw Mariah about 11 p.m. Sunday when she checked on her. She said her boyfriend saw the child about midnight when she got up and he told her to go back to bed."

ETA: And from same link then this below cant be true because she said the boyfriend saw the child at midnight so why is she saying after 11pm here. She should have said after midnight unless she herself does not believe the boyfriend.

"Kristy Woods told authorities she thinks Mariah Kay Woods was abducted from their home near Jacksonville sometime after 11 p.m. Sunday."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/the-latest-biological-father-questions-kidnapping-of-girl/2017/11/29/99006892-d507-11e7-9ad9-ca0619edfa05_story.html?utm_term=.6f55e2bdbc43

What I dont understand is how the Mom saw the child a full hour earlier when she checked on her but the boyfriend was the last person to see the child because he says he told the child to go back to bed around midnight.

So if the boyfriend was actually the last one to see the child then where was he and why didnt the Mom also see the child then? Werent they both in the same room?

"Kristy Woods told WITN-TV in Greenville that she last saw Mariah about 11 p.m. Sunday when she checked on her. She said her boyfriend saw the child about midnight when she got up and he told her to go back to bed."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...a0619edfa05_story.html?utm_term=.6f55e2bdbc43

Maybe the story is mom was asleep and didn't hear her. Or the boyfriend got up to pee and saw Mariah in the hallway?

I'm a bit confused as to why he's asking for anyone who had contact with her immediate family on Sunday or Monday to come forward. If she was reported missing at 6:45 am, wouldn't law enforcement have been with the members of her immediate family almost all day on the 27th?

Unless they're seeking someone who saw them between midnight and 6:45 am?
Or they only have the immediate family's word that she was alive and well during that time frame. My guess would be that LE doesn't completely trust the family's version of what transpired during their return home. JMO

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nati...a0619edfa05_story.html?utm_term=.6f55e2bdbc43

Mom might've checked on her before going to bed and boyfriend was still up at midnight. *If* Mariah was really there.

Mom might've checked on her before going to bed and boyfriend was still up at midnight. *If* Mariah was really there.

My thoughts as well...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

The one picture of her, in the pink car, her hair does look blonde, to me, however, the othe two pics, her hair does look light brown.

One thing that raised a red flag with me, is that the mother was not the last person to see her. Mom's bf saw her last, around midnight, when she woke up, and he told her to go back to bed. I hate to be this way, and not accusing him, at this point, but when bfs are the last to see a child, it always makes me feel a little uneasy. Idk how long they've been together though, or any history on him, he may be a great guy, or, he may not.

Yes. It sticks out like a sore thumb to me. And also, the boyfriend doesn’t look, umm, healthy IYKWIM.

ETA: And from same link then this below cant be true because she said the boyfriend saw the child at midnight so why is she saying after 11pm here. She should have said after midnight unless she herself does not believe the boyfriend.

"Kristy Woods told authorities she thinks Mariah Kay Woods was abducted from their home near Jacksonville sometime after 11 p.m. Sunday."

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national/the-latest-biological-father-questions-kidnapping-of-girl/2017/11/29/99006892-d507-11e7-9ad9-ca0619edfa05_story.html?utm_term=.6f55e2bdbc43

That brings up another few things that are missing from the reporting...Was Mariah sleeping in a room alone? Was the bf still up when Mariah got out of bed and he told her to go back to bed, or did he have to get out of bed and then go back to sleep?

The investigation has the support of more than 14 agencies, conducted 100 interviews, followed more than 140 leads and had the assistance of more than 225 investigators working around the clock.

http://wlos.com/news/local/is-this-...for-publics-help-identifying-people-in-photos

I think that the community and concerned persons following the case just don’t understand how federal investigations work. Because of the location and the fact that it is a child who is missing so close to a military training area warrants a closed investigation. I think the lack of information is very telling that they are holding onto some important information and are trying to build a solid case. As frustrating as it is, it’s for the best. MOO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Anyone else notice that the search appears to be pretty focused? The shed behind the house, a pond on High Hill rd, and underneath the trailer today. Yesterday it was a pond on Dawson Cabin rd, an abandoned house nearby and other sheds and outbuildings in the area.

I haven't seen anything about them doing a grid search of the area.

They have also been going door to door asking people if they've seen anything and asking people to check their property and outbuildings. Something seems different vs other cases I've followed. Or it might just be lack of full media coverage.

reminds me of DeOrr Kunz and was he ever at the campground

Yes it sadly does have hints already of something like that case.

I am so jaded because of similar cases where it is practically obvious what happened and yet people are not held accountable and child is never found.

I hope LE can find this child in this case. Hopefully alive but I am getting awful feelings about this case already. Ugggggg

reminds me of DeOrr Kunz and was he ever at the campground

Yes, this case is reminding me so much of that one :(. Especially with all of the mixed stories about their whereabouts in the preceding days. This little girl's body could be anywhere :(.

On Asleigh show right now they are talking to the DAD and his fiance and they told Asleigh that the lead detective told them they are not suspects. They said they offered to take polygraphs and department told them they were not to that point yet.

It's on HLN right now.

Asleigh asked him what he thinks happened and his answer was that he thinks one or the other of them got mad and took it out on his daughter.

Wish one of the reporters had asked if the brothers were still with mom. Maybe they did and I missed it?

I wonder this too. I remember a case recently- can’t remember the child’s name but her mom said the 3 year old was sick and was missing in morning. Eventually, she was arrested after one of the older siblings were separated from her and felt comfortable enough to tell what he had seen happen to his sister. Does anyone remember this case? It was fairly recent. I think the siblings probably can confirm last time little Mariah was seen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member