Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe the mother in this case may need trauma informed care for potential domestic abuse. This article about trauma informed care nicely elucidates the stages of trauma care. Forgiveness occurs in part three. Part one and two coming first in the intervention before forgiveness. My position is that forgiveness should not be the only form of treatment or the first, as trauma first aid (psychological and emotional) needs to come first. There is a place for forgiveness, but not as a first step.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK207184/

Very fine post -- I am thankful to say that I have never been abused, but Forgiveness Therapy makes a lot of sense. I've read many accounts where the abused essentially blames herself (himself) for the abuse -- dinner was too late, the house was a mess, I forgot to pick up the laundry, etc. -- but the abused needs to let go of self-blame, and I can understand why it is so freeing. And I'm sure it's a hard thing to do.

Thanks for presenting it. And yes, this mother in this case may indeed need it, if that's what we're dealing with here -- and that car window biznezz surely makes it sound very possible.

From your link:

"Neighbors in the same Inez Mobile Home Park in which the Woods’ resided recall an incident in which Kimery, the live-in boyfriend of Kristy Woods, struck the family’s Ford Windstar using a baseball bat.

“He smashed every window and piece of glass on that van. We all saw it because it happened in the middle of the day,” Kelly Kerr said. Kerr lives three doors down from the home shared by Kimery and Woods. Kerr said Kimery said afterward the incident that he had an “adult temper” and told Kerr the reason he struck it was because he had been left alone at home without car keys and was out of cigarettes.

“They were always fighting,” Kerr said."

I feel sick.

IMO I think he may have ran out of more than cigarettes. They use 'cigarettes' as a cover for whatever drug they may be taking.

There's a case in Australia...4yo boy...took a blow to the abdomen that ruptured something internally and he ended up dead. It was discovered he had over 70 bruises on his body, so he was being abused for quite some time.
When the step dad eventually called an ambulance, the mother wasn't home at the time and said she was "out getting cigarettes" at her relatives house. It was later found through phone intercepts that she was really picking up marijuana (would not surprise me if it was meth). The boy was pronounced dead upon arriving at hospital. Her son was at home on deaths door. But her priority was getting drugs.
This was years ago. The two ended up turning on each other and it's still in the courts as there is little evidence and is all "he said, she said" about who dealt the fatal blow to the abdomen.

Makes me wonder if little Mariah was being abused and it was taken too far and she ended up dead. Instead of calling for medical help they thought it was easier to dispose of the body. Whoever is covering for the other doesn't feel as bad for doing so because, in their head, "they didn't mean to kill her, it was an accident".

IMO, MOO :moo:

Has there been proof mom is a victim?
Has there been proof she is not a victim?

Everyone has a right to their opinion but we are to treat family like they are victims also unless we can site the msm link that says otherwise.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

In the case of domestic abuse we have to look at the women differently. It is possible she is a Borderline and had involvement from a place of intent. But also possible is that she is under the control of an abuser. If she were in a POW camp and was unable to protect her children from the guards, would we blame her? It's really not a matter of blame, it's a matter of healing. How do we intervene to protect the kids and give safety, psycho-education and autonomy to the mother to free her to protect her kids. The mental and emotional control by the abuser in effect takes over the victim and she is not acting from her free will. I do not know if this is the case in Mariah's family, but if it is, I think intervention for DV and trauma for the mom could help solve the case.

Mothers are supposed to be caretakers and advocates for their children. In my mind they are just as guilty as their live in boyfriend that kills or beats a child. It's time they are held responsible for THEIR actions in introducing this menace to their family.

I believe the mother in this case may need trauma informed care for potential domestic abuse. This article about trauma informed care nicely elucidates the stages of trauma care. Forgiveness occurs in part three. Part one and two coming first in the intervention before forgiveness. My position is that forgiveness should not be the only form of treatment or the first, as trauma first aid (psychological and emotional) needs to come first. There is a place for forgiveness, but not as a first step.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK207184/

Main concern, Mariah and the brothers. If mommy was in an abusive situation because she depended on her live in for support she could have given the kids back to bio dad and left the abuse. The innocent children always need to come first.

I think I had the wrong case,sorry for the sleepy post.

It's more Yahoo's fault they had a very vague headline without a name and made it sound like this just happened. That video was published today but Jordyn Dumont was found deceased last year only a few days after she went missing. Her mom's boyfriend is charged with her murder but his trial is not until July 2018. Weird that Yahoo would publish that today when there is no new info in her case. Here is Jordyn's thread: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-2016-*Arrest*/page47&highlight=Jordyn+Dumont

It's more Yahoo's fault they had a very vague headline without a name and made it sound like this just happened. That video was published today but Jordyn Dumont was found deceased last year only a few days after she went missing. Her mom's boyfriend is charged with her murder but his trial is not until July 2018. Weird that Yahoo would publish that today when there is no new info in her case. Here is Jordyn's thread: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-2016-*Arrest*/page47&highlight=Jordyn+Dumont
I bet it's some news bot putting together various unrelated pieces of info together and publishing without a human even looking at it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I apologize if this has already been asked... but where is the bf?? Is he in custody? Is he still in the home with Mom? Is he staying with friends? I haven’t watched every interview yet, but so far, I haven’t seen him anywhere- either pleading for information on her or supporting Mom? Where is he currently?

ETA if something this traumatic happened to me, or my child, I can’t imagine my partner anywhere but at my side. So, not pointing fingers, just wondering where he is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has there been proof she is not a victim?

Everyone has a right to their opinion but we are to treat family like they are victims also unless we can site the msm link that says otherwise.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

Would be nice if that was extended to the boyfriend. So far there hasn't been one piece of credible evidence to suggest he has done anything to anyone, just a couple of rumors reported by MSM that he had a temper tantrum but it seems everyone is already positive he is guilty.

thank you for that. getting out is so hard - it's truly a desperate situation. One thing is that most victims truly believe the abuser has the power, knowledge, and control and can manipulate any situation against the victim. and often they do. the woman is made to look crazy. the court process is cumbersome and not something a victim can navigate alone. if the woman has a substance abuse problem which many do in order to manage the situation and their feelings, she will have a harder time getting out and it will be used against her. some women have to go underground, never to see their family again. how do you work, support your child, and not get exploited and into bad situations with the wrong people when you have to hide?

I believe this could be the case also. Unfortunately, even if Mom wanted out, it's not as easy as some folks think that it is. Even if she knows, in her heart, or for sure, the he has done something she may be too afraid to say anything. The emotional control that abusers have over their prey is amazing. I'm reserving judgement on Mom for now because I know that most can't just get up and walk out that door with kids in tow. It's a terrible existence. I have a couple friends who had abusive spouses. I'm surprised that one of them made it out alive. The man was a monster and LE was of zero assistance.

I bet it's some news bot putting together various unrelated pieces of info together and publishing without a human even looking at it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I didn't know there were bots that did that. It would not surprise me if some editing person had the headline and caption ready to publish today for Mariah's case and then had to change out the video at the last moment because Mariah still hasn't been found. It is bizarre that everyone in the comments on that yahoo bot video are reacting as if this just happened too-- I think everyone assumes it is this case without even watching the video. This won't help the social media rumors at all as there will be tons of people reading only the headline thinking the case has been solved and in reality Mariah is still missing. :gaah:

Probably Yahoo being the scum bags they usually are with their click-bait headlines. They knew Mariah's case was going on so they made that click-bait headline knowing thousands of people would click on it expecting it to be Mariah. Yahoo probably just made a cool few hundred thousand from ad revenue for that crap headline.

Would be nice if that was extended to the boyfriend. So far there hasn't been one piece of credible evidence to suggest he has done anything to anyone, just a couple of rumors reported by MSM that he had a temper tantrum but it seems everyone is already positive he is guilty.

History tells us it's usually somebody close to the victim. A non parent living in the home is the USUAL suspect.

I think we're getting a little off track with psychoanalyzing the mother and arguing about different forms of therapy. For all we know this could be an Elizabeth Smart type of situation where someone really did come in and steal her out of her bed. I know the odds are against that, but still. We don't have POIs.

History tells us it's usually somebody close to the victim. A non parent living in the home is the USUAL suspect.

Well until we know or have reasonable reason to believe he is involved, based on facts not rumors or innuendo, we should still be giving him the benefit of the doubt.

I think we're getting a little off track with psychoanalyzing the mother and arguing about different forms of therapy. For all we know this could be an Elizabeth Smart type of situation where someone really did come in and steal her out of her bed. I know the odds are against that, but still. We don't have POIs.

I agree and am guilty as charged... unfortunately I feel that we have all seen this same story play out over and over so it’s hard to not jump to that conclusion. But you are 100% correct. At the end of the day, all that matters is that this little girl is missing and must be found. Later, we can focus in on who is responsible but right now, the important thing is locating this little sweetheart.

I apologize if this has already been asked... but where is the bf?? Is he in custody? Is he still in the home with Mom? Is he staying with friends? I haven’t watched every interview yet, but so far, I haven’t seen him anywhere- either pleading for information on her or supporting Mom? Where is he currently?

ETA if something this traumatic happened to me, or my child, I can’t imagine my partner anywhere but at my side. So, not pointing fingers, just wondering where he is.

He's not in custody.
No one has been charged with a crime, yet.
At the presser a couple days ago, the sheriff said he doesn't know where the bf and the mom are.
I don't think neighbors have seen him/them since the mom gave that interview pleading for Mariah's return.

IMO

He's not in custody.
No one has been charged with a crime, yet.
At the presser a couple days ago, the sheriff said he doesn't know where the bf and the mom are.
I don't think neighbors have seen him/them since the mom gave that interview pleading for Mariah's return.

IMO

Thank you. I’ve seen Mom, bio dad, step mom and adoptive grandma in interviews so was just curious where he is. If he is an innocent party (which at this point, he is according to legalities), he must be distraught as well. Especially because statistically, fingers point to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member