Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bringing this back. A mod posted it earlier.

Regarding Victim Friendly and Non Sleuthing of Family ( victims, until otherwise noted by LE )

It's very easy to want to sleuth all the family members. I do understand and when I joined WS ( for Baby Lisa and Dylan Redwine) the idea of NOT sleuthing the family seemed ridiculous to me. It's a very hard rule to understand sometimes. I have now seen many cases where it seemed very obvious who was responsible and we were all wrong. So it's a good thing that RULE was in place. It's probably the most important rule at WS.

I 'll give you an example. A few years ago there was a case similar to this. Child missing from mobile home, middle of the night. It does not happen that often and it's easy to guess who the most logical ' suspect' is. In that case the dad gave some interviews and seemed very odd, said odd things, odd body language and even had a really questionable history that really made him a ' perfect' suspect. Many accusatory posts were removed and many warnings issued. Turns out dad was innocent and the perp was a neighbor. In the mean time dad was raked over the coals in a very, nasty way. There is nothing that can be done about social media but on this forum, he was protected. He was innocent and lost his child and should not have to be subjected to any extra stress in that situation.

I , for one, would not want to be saying ugly things about a grieving parent, even if my intention was good. Choose your words carefully in case you have to eat them.

ETA I am in no way suggesting this case will end up in a similar fashion, not by any stretch of the imagination. Just wanting to clear it up for newer members who are unsure why that rule is in place.

He's not in custody.
No one has been charged with a crime, yet.
At the presser a couple days ago, the sheriff said he doesn't know where the bf and the mom are.
I don't think neighbors have seen him/them since the mom gave that interview pleading for Mariah's return.

IMO

and that is what is bothering me...no sign of mommy or live in....or friends or family....just strikes me as odd that they aren't more visible.

LE does not seem to be seeking a suspect...which, in a kidnapping case, would be paramount. Instead, they are clearly looking for a body, close to home.

thank you for that. getting out is so hard - it's truly a desperate situation. One thing is that most victims truly believe the abuser has the power, knowledge, and control and can manipulate any situation against the victim. and often they do. the woman is made to look crazy. the court process is cumbersome and not something a victim can navigate alone. if the woman has a substance abuse problem which many do in order to manage the situation and their feelings, she will have a harder time getting out and it will be used against her. some women have to go underground, never to see their family again. how do you work, support your child, and not get exploited and into bad situations with the wrong people when you have to hide?

Here is the truth. While the wife/ mother may be scared, there is another dynamic at play. She is addicted to the bf/spouse . It is unnatural but an addiction none the less. The woman wants to "belong" wants to be part of something. It isn't just fear... it is an addiction to circumstances.

and that is what is bothering me...no sign of mommy or live in....or friends or family....just strikes me as odd that they aren't more visible.

I know....it is odd.
You'd think they'd be more visible and working with LE to find her daughter.
But they aren't...

I know....it is odd.
But they aren't...

I’m hoping that they ARE working with LE and for whatever reason (media shy, grief, distraught?) aren’t being public with media... I’m hoping that’s the case....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can only speak from my experience. My son, a combat vet died tragically in 2010. By todays standards (I won't go into specifics) the person partially responsible would have been charged. An hour after I had walked into the funeral home and seen my son lying there, there was a scurrying of people upset and talking. I went to see what was wrong. The person partially responsible was seen sitting in the parking lot. Everyones motions were very high and angry. I have always believed in forgiveness and the personal burden it would be to for me not forgive. I had enough of a burden at the time without adding unforgiveness to it. I walked to the parking lot and to the persons car. He looked frightened. He admitted what happened and with tears in his eyes he apologized. I took his hand and walked with him into the funeral home so he could have whatever peace he could find. I am so grateful that all of that happened. I personally believe it was something greater then myself that allowed that to happen. Forgiveness frees a person. Wisdom gives you the understanding to avoid it happening again. I don't judge anyone for how they handle tragedy. Just wanted to share how I handled a part of mine.
You had me bawling.. I am so sorry.. I am learning to forgive..

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I think the mother is not involved in the disappearance, I think she is cooperating with the Sheriff. The reason I believe this is from today's conference.

He stated "I personally had a very long conversation with a family member today. And we want to bring Mariah back to HER"
And then he stated "They are cooperating".

From this I get the feeling the Mom now realizes what really happened and is helping with what she can. A spanking with a belt is one thing to protect someone from, but murder of your precious daughter is another complete different thing. Here is the conference, his statements are around the 6 minute mark.

https://www.facebook.com/WFMYNews2/videos/10156120613173755/

Could also be a grandmother or aunt.

I know....it is odd.
But they aren't...

I believe the mother is working with LE. At the PC he stated he had a long conversation with someone in the family today and he wanted to bring Mariah back to her. He also stated the "family" is cooperating. The BF is not family.

I still have the original story opened . Is there a way to save as is.
ETA: In reference to the story that the neighbor comments were edited.

I may be too late for this (im now about 10 pages behind) BUT JUST IN CASE, you can save as a .pdf from your browser

Could also be a grandmother or aunt.

I thought of that, but how he stated he wanted to bring Mariah back to "her" makes me believe it was the mother. Also he said the "family" is cooperating, not just part of the family.

IMO I think he may have ran out of more than cigarettes. They use 'cigarettes' as a cover for whatever drug they may be taking.

There's a case in Australia...4yo boy...took a blow to the abdomen that ruptured something internally and he ended up dead. It was discovered he had over 70 bruises on his body, so he was being abused for quite some time.
When the step dad eventually called an ambulance, the mother wasn't home at the time and said she was "out getting cigarettes" at her relatives house. It was later found through phone intercepts that she was really picking up marijuana (would not surprise me if it was meth). The boy was pronounced dead upon arriving at hospital. Her son was at home on deaths door. But her priority was getting drugs.
This was years ago. The two ended up turning on each other and it's still in the courts as there is little evidence and is all "he said, she said" about who dealt the fatal blow to the abdomen.

Makes me wonder if little Mariah was being abused and it was taken too far and she ended up dead. Instead of calling for medical help they thought it was easier to dispose of the body. Whoever is covering for the other doesn't feel as bad for doing so because, in their head, "they didn't mean to kill her, it was an accident".

IMO, MOO :moo:

Yeah, he was jonesing for more than a smoke to be that violent and have an "adult temper", whatever that is.

Hey guys I don't want this thread to get shut down or anything. If the mom or boyfriend aren't listed a suspects by LE then you are not allowed to insinuate that they are one. It is a rule here on Websleuths. I'm no mod but just posting as a reminder for you all so we don't get the thread shut down.

This bothers me, too. It's impossible to say what anyone would do until he/she is in this situation. I just can't see myself staying silent, unless I believed there was no point in making a plea. I've seen cases on here where the family is at every prayer vigil and news conference, desperate to get time with the media to keep the attention on their missing loved one. Even when there is reason to believe it will not be a good outcome, they just need their loved one home. I'm trying so hard not to judge and remain hopeful, but the lack of presence is sending up too many flags.

I thought of that, but how he stated he wanted to bring Mariah back to "her" makes me believe it was the mother. Also he said the "family" is cooperating, not just part of the family.

Purposefully letting the perp know what was going on and reassuring bio mom? She's been roasted by the bio dad so maybe that's one reason she's been mia. I don't know what to think!

I didn't know there were bots that did that. It would not surprise me if some editing person had the headline and caption ready to publish today for Mariah's case and then had to change out the video at the last moment because Mariah still hasn't been found. It is bizarre that everyone in the comments on that yahoo bot video are reacting as if this just happened too-- I think everyone assumes it is this case without even watching the video. This won't help the social media rumors at all as there will be tons of people reading only the headline thinking the case has been solved and in reality Mariah is still missing. :gaah:

Bots might also explain the "body found" headline we saw yesterday, or was it the day before?

This case really had its share of misleading and plain false headlines and reporting! Terrible!

Has there been proof she is not a victim?

Everyone has a right to their opinion but we are to treat family like they are victims also unless we can site the msm link that says otherwise.

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk
i

My question was and still is is their proof that the mother is a victim of domestic violence? I've been here for a long time I'm aware of the rules, I rarely post because this is what happens. I was not implying she wasn't a victim nor was I indicating anything...just asking a question.

Purposefully letting the perp know what was going on and reassuring bio mom? She's been roasted by the bio dad so maybe that's one reason she's been mia. I don't know what to think!

I don’t know what to think either. I keep relating this to little Caliyah. Until we are told otherwise, we need to put aside suspicions and feel for the Mom. I can’t imagine what the not knowing where my baby is feels like.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sweet Jesus....are you trying to put me in an early grave?

I know this case isn't anything to laugh at, but I had just taken a sip of coffee when I read your post and I actually laughed out loud, spitting coffee on my keyboard. I have no idea why...something about it just really cracked me up!

I feel kind of bad, though...I've been following this case from the very beginning but I didn't know anything about that other missing girl.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Linnymac68$