Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #4 *Arrest*

Discussion in 'Located Persons Discussion' started by scaredtopost, Nov 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DAnthrplgst

DAnthrplgst Member

Water levels in a creek will rise and fall for various reasons depending on the location of the creek and it's proximity to the ocean. If the creek has a direct connection to the ocean or to a bay then the water levels will rise and fall with the oceanic tides. Another reason why water levels in a creek may rise or fall have to do with rain fall in an area. A creek can be normally shallow but rain can cause the water levels to rise.

2. lawandorder

lawandorder For truth and justice

I just heard. I'm so very sad (as you all are).

Rest in peace, Mariah...

3. inthedark14

inthedark14 Active Member

This is why I can't don't this any more. Not since my girl arrived.

I want to help. I want to slueth. I just can't. I adore all of you for all you do.

Mariah...i am so sorry beautiful girl. Fly high baby girl there are a lot of friends up there for you.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

4. Elainera

Elainera Well-Known Member

bbm I agree. Coming out of the trailer with a dead child could have easily been spotted by neighbors, there are no fences, hedges or anything. He might have put her in the dresser, then carried out the dresser to the car. Still odd behavior in the middle of the night but not suspicious if spotted by someone.

5. Tippy Lynn

Tippy Lynn Well-Known Member

6. Hoosier952

Hoosier952 Well-Known Member

They must have found some confirmation that Mariah was alive sometime earlier in the day Sunday then, right?

My husband is a contractor and we've dealt with all sorts of service people. You are definitely right that one should at least get a couple of references before hiring someone new. We try to work with the same guys time after time, but sometimes deadlines force us to hire someone not well-known to us. We've yet to have any complaints, but there are some I wouldn't hire just on my initial gut feelings.

Wonder if the dressers were to conceal a big spot of missing carpet?

7. ilovepierre

ilovepierre One day, the lost will be found

Just now checking in after work!
    RIP Mariah :(

Is the boyfriend the only one who has been arrested?

8. Busylady

Busylady Well-Known Member

discussion regarding picture has already been deleted once by mods - afraid we are gonna get shut down soon - warning after warning

9. watergirl62

watergirl62 .

It looks like it fluctuates about one foot daily, probably a tidal thing (which could also be due to release from an upstream dam but proximity to the coast has the same effect). The orifice tube on the pressure gage may have gotten something in it or the data didn't upload properly. It is provisional data, which means 'draft' until it is processed and /or corrected. I think it is missing data instead of no flow.

10. bbbd4u

bbbd4u Verified SAR/Emergency Management

Yes

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

11. margarita25

margarita25 Well-Known Member

(Marking, thanks.)

12. Mica

Mica Well-Known Member

On Twitter

13. Hippononymous

Hippononymous Well-Known Member

So heartbroken. [emoji22]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. rsd1200

rsd1200 If there's no link, it's just my own 2¢.

I agree. As I've said, I have a couple friends who were abused, but, the place I worked at had a shelter, hidden in the mountains. It was one of the best kept secrets around. The guys were dangerous enough that just in case they found the shelter, it was wire with security to LE. Cameras everywhere and a 6' privacy fence so that they could allow the children to go out and play as long as a staff member was monitoring. Most would write their stories in a big book for other abuse victims to rea so they'd know they weren't alone when they came there. I remember this young lady's story about being locked inside a trailer every day with her child. He'd fixed everything so she couldn't get out and would padlock the door when he left for work and would take the phone with him too. I'd have lost my mind. My friend even survived being shot, among other things. She is a very strong person, and finally escaped, but was hunted til the day he died, and still suffers from ptsd from the years of abuse (and LE turned a blind eye, especially in that era).

15. iluvmua

iluvmua Well-Known Member

I noticed the mother had no tears in the interview that i saw. Jmo

16. soanyway

soanyway Active Member

My map skills are horrible, so I'll just piggyback on yours. But map questing, it appears this location could very easily be on the way to Mabene, NC given the close proximity to Hwy. 40. Just brings even more questions to mind regarding the timeline and who else could have been along.

17. moonlessnight

moonlessnight Well-Known Member

I saw a movie like that where the woman and her child (product of rape by the kidnapper) were locked in a shed.
    We have no idea what the dynamic was in that trailer and what caused KKHW to leave the bio dad, but EK is a violent man, for sure.

18. borndem

borndem Anglophile & registered demwit

No problem at all, DivineMsM !
    Thanks for the info -- I started watching it live, and blllfffftt it went to local sports, as someone else on here said. Good info trom the retired DA.

Did the perp steal the dresser (end table, whatever) to hide her body while he went down the road to dispose of her sweet, innocent body? And who knew??? Who is the tattle-tale?? Hmmm.

19. BlinkOfAnI

BlinkOfAnI Well-Known Member

If EK had a drug addiction it was only a matter of time before he broke and talked to the police. The stress of the situation would have caused him to want to do more drugs. If police were watching him it would have made it near impossible for EK to get drugs unless he had a very dedicated runner (which I can't imagine especially when there is no money) willing to take serious risks. Detox from the drugs may have made him so sick his defenses were gone. It was only a matter of LE waiting it out. Just one theory/opinion.

20. moonlessnight

moonlessnight Well-Known Member

if that was the case, there would have been evidence inside them. we might find out eventually.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.