Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #5 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
What strikes me is all that is completely irrelevant and is absolutely no help in finding a missing child. How tall was she? How much did she weigh? Is there anything distinctive about her that might help find or identify her? Is she afraid of the dark? Likely to hide in small spaces, or claustrophobic?

Sounds almost like she's trying to convince someone...[emoji848]

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I know numbeness can make you appear blank, unfeeling, detached, .....because that's what you are! Numb!! You are in your own disbelief...please don't judge mom anyway yet...she probably is in the hospital!

It may have been the Cape Fear river. Shaw Highway and Hwy 53 right there both cross over. I haven't found anything that clearly states that it is the Cape Fear. But it would make sense from that area.

Edit- I'm wrong. Found a source that says small creek. But it definitely has to be running to the Cape Fear. Just based off the area.

My other thought- Hwy 53 is always covered in Sheriffs and HP. Not exactly where I would want to commit or hide a crime.

Onslow County Sheriff's Office
18 hrs · Cyrus, NC ·

News Release:
The Onslow County Sheriff's Office announces the human remains of a child strongly believed to be that of Mariah Woods was located during a concentrated search effort in Shelter Creek along Shaw Highway in Pender County tonight. An autopsy will be conducted by the medical examiner's office to determine cause of death and absolute verification of identity.

This investigation is still ongoing.

I don't know much about Paitin Fields case but the similarities that I do know are baffling. Mariah's dump site was located in between the 2 homes where both children we missing? Both last seen in their homes (mobile homes) in the middle of the night? Both very young girls close to the same age? Hard to find any more info on Paitin's case which is infuriating. Is anyone else bothered with these details? How are they so closely related? Is there just a big dose of evil hanging out in that area?
I would post the map marking everything but not sure how to do that. New here and this is my first post.👋

You all are probably right and I'm being too hard on mom. Different people all respond differently. Heck, I'm always struck by how differently the different members of Kyron's family reacted.

https://youtu.be/KqMRaVuig48

I have very mixed emotions and I am trying very very hard to just focus on facts instead of emotion and it is not easy. If facts come out later that prove she was involved or helped to cover up anything than I will be the first to say she needs to be charged and held accountable, but until then I have to give her the benefit of the doubt.

I had the same thought about being wrong about mom last night and today. I hope I'm wrong and the mother isn't involved for the sake of Mariah.
Question for anyone... is it possible for a child to die from lack of air if they are in a dresser with drawers closed?
I wouldn't think so. Typically, drawers aren't fit so tight that there wouldn't be gaps. Maybe in a really well built dresser. Probably not in a nasty old cheap banged up dresser in a house that's been abandoned for years, that no one thought was worth taking in all that time until the night Mariah disappeared.

It is a tool taught to law enforcement, to plan and help focus their investigations.
By experts, I suppose. Someone else said that statement analysis wasn't allowed on WS? I don't know if they are right or not.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

wish i had clue why he went there and took not one but two....just a thought maybe to use as something to hide a body in transit until he could dispose of it? no idea....i don't even know what kind of car truck or van he used.

I have a theory about the dressers and it's because of something I remembered about Sherin's case, otherwise I wouldn't have considered it. The first charges filed in Sherin's case were against her adoptive father for leaving her out by a tree, a long way from the house, in the dark of night to punish her. But it didn't happen, it was the story he gave them and they used it to charge him.

The house where the dressers were stolen was long abandoned and in bad shape. The kind of place where people would go to hang out and do what they couldn't do at home. I wouldn't be surprised if EK had been there before and stole the dressers at another time, maybe recently. If LE told him they have a witness who saw him coming out of the house in the middle of the night, he might've claimed to have stolen the dressers at that time and he could prove it by showing them the dressers. LE checks with the owner of the abandoned home and confirmed the dressers were in the home before.

Or... he stole them that night and we'll all be surprised at his reason for stealing them.

It made me laugh, too, and I've been arguing with Wile.

I know it's hard to "read" how written statements are meant to come across, but I hope the folks I'm arguing with realize that I also have typically agreed with some of their other statements. And I appreciate humor to break up arguments going nowhere.

It's kind of like when my cats are very serious about fighting each other to the death, and the dog jumps in with her goofy grin, wagging her tail. :)

For real sister. It has been a really intense 5 days, everyone has really come together for this precious little girl, Mariah.

(Eta: I finally bathed, Dear God I stunk...fish oil and BO...)

It is a tool taught to law enforcement, to plan and help focus their investigations.
FBI trains their agents in it. They call it some other acronym, don't remember what. Like profiling, it's a tool. Plenty of profiles are wrong, it's just one tool out of many.

I have very mixed emotions and I am trying very very hard to just focus on facts instead of emotion and it is not easy. If facts come out later that prove she was involved or helped to cover up anything than I will be the first to say she needs to be charged and held accountable, but until then I have to give her the benefit of the doubt.

Not me. She was this child's mother and protector and this happened on HER watch. Sorry no pass from me.

I wonder if it's possible that the scanner ball things placed by the FBI at their trailer picked up on something, like footprints to the shed and *maybe* they placed them at the abandoned house and they picked up the same footprints there? I don't know, I am pretty fascinated with the technology used to investigate a case .

Ooohhh, can you tell us more about the scanner ball things & any other tech you know was used in this case? Thanks!

I wouldn't think so. Typically, drawers aren't fit so tight that there wouldn't be gaps. Maybe in a really well built dresser. Probably not in a nasty old cheap banged up dresser in a house that's been abandoned for years, that no one thought was worth taking in all that time until the night Mariah disappeared.

I was trying to get the focus by LE on the dresser. My thought was that DNA was found of Mariah in the dresser and they knew that EK had stolen the dressers.
Or they had found the prints of EK in the vacant building where the dressers had been taken as well as evidence that Mariah had also been in the vacant home.
Or it could be LE was throwing everything they had at EK until Mariah was found. IMO

What is your theory on why he was there?

Mine is simply that as an HVAC tech, he had come across the house and saw an opportunity for theft, but I'm not ruling out opportunity for drugs as well.

The abandoned house is right around the corner from where they lived. KW regularly sold things online, even small things like a single cd for $1, to earn money. I think he just went over to see what he could find to possibly make a few bucks of off. (The dressers were found in his shed.)

Both EK and KW are unemployed. They have probably been scalvaging things to sell for a while. Steal a little here, beg a little there, remake, reuse, recycle, revamp... it's a way of life for some.

The abandoned house is right around the corner from where they lived. KW regularly sold things online, even small things like a single cd for $1, to earn money. I think he just went over to see what he could find to possibly make a few bucks of off. (The dressers were found in his shed.)

Both EK and KW are unemployed. They have probably been scalvaging things to sell for a while. Steal a little here, beg a little there, remake, reuse, recycle, revamp... it's a way of life for some.

just curious, but do you have first hand knowledge of the employment situation and how live in sold items and such?

So... he was going to chalk paint them, call them shabby chic, and sell them on eBay?

It may have been the Cape Fear river. Shaw Highway and Hwy 53 right there both cross over. I haven't found anything that clearly states that it is the Cape Fear. But it would make sense from that area.

Edit- I'm wrong. Found a source that says small creek. But it definitely has to be running to the Cape Fear. Just based off the area.

My other thought- Hwy 53 is always covered in Sheriffs and HP. Not exactly where I would want to commit or hide a crime.

(Thanks...pondering...)

do we know who owned the abandoned house? have seen a name thrown about but wondered if theres a reliable source

I don't know much about Paitin Fields case but the similarities that I do know are baffling. Mariah's dump site was located in between the 2 homes where both children we missing? Both last seen in their homes (mobile homes) in the middle of the night? Both very young girls close to the same age? Hard to find any more info on Paitin's case which is infuriating. Is anyone else bothered with these details? How are they so closely related? Is there just a big dose of evil hanging out in that area?
I would post the map marking everything but not sure how to do that. New here and this is my first post.[emoji112]

Welcome!

Being local to the area and having followed both cases. I do not think they are related. I don't think Paitin was ever "missing."

I think mom knows a lot. It's not unbelievable that mom helped kill her-- either in a drugged-out haze or just couldn't stand the child bothering herself and Earl.
What were mom and Mariah doing while they were absent from Thanksgiving get togethers ?
Was Mariah alive still ?
When was the last positive time the brothers of Mariah saw her alive ???
:moo:

Do we know Mom & Mariah were absent from Thanksgiving or is it simply an assumption because they are absent in a photo? I know I've had to skip pages on these threads several times to keep up and possibly missed something. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member