Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #5 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
What about meeting a dealer there?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

No need to. They could just meet on the street. It's a rural area. Don't really need to hide the transaction because there is no one around to see.

Maybe bf gave her some drugs to get her to sleep and then went off to steal the dressers for the home. To make the home a better place.
It could have been an accident.
Still incredibly sad but maybe not deliberate.

BBM. Likely less chance of being spotted in a more remote area. The location is also what makes me think there may have been someone involved that thought they would get away with it, but really did love Mariah and wanted somewhere they could visit her and still feel like she was with them.

visit her at the creek where she was discarded like trash?

I think mom knows a lot. It's not unbelievable that mom helped kill her-- either in a drugged-out haze or just couldn't stand the child bothering herself and Earl.
What were mom and Mariah doing while they were absent from Thanksgiving get togethers ?
Was Mariah alive still ?
When was the last positive time the brothers of Mariah saw her alive ???
:moo:
You cannot through accusations around like this unless MSM lists her as a suspect which they have NOT!

Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk

(Hi guys, I'm so behind, did you guys figure out the deal with the dressers yet, etc.? Tia. Has COD come back yet? When is Mariah's service? What's the latest if someone can please be so kind to provide a Cliff's Notes update! Please and thank you.)

I think we all agree she'd have to be out of her mind to be in the same trailer as the BF.

It may also be considered a crime scene, and she might have been told to seek another place to stay (possibly given a voucher if she couldn't afford one, just a guess based on the Rhoden trailers). Idk about her going out to dinner, but, in times of crisis, I've met a friend at a local restaurant. One, and sometimes both, of us needed to be out of our homes, or we'd have gone stir crazy. The first thing my mother thinks you should do, in a crisis, is sit at the table, and eat something, and then curl up on her couch, and cry if you need to do so, and sleep (I see no use in the latter three, but getting outside of your home, and the simple act of eating and talking with a close friend, or your family member, can help you to maintain your sanity).

(Hi guys, I'm so behind, did you guys figure out the deal with the dressers yet, etc.? Tia. Has COD come back yet? When is Mriah's service? What's the latest if someone can please be so kind to provide a Cliff's Notes update! Please and thank you.)

Glad your back. No info on anything yet. Court appearance tomorrow so i suspect we will learn more then.

(Hi guys, I'm so behind, did you guys figure out the deal with the dressers yet, etc.? Tia. Has COD come back yet? What's the latest if someone can please be so kind to provide a Cliff's Notes update! Please and thank you.)

Jury's still out on the dressers - - completely coincidental, random pilfering . . well-meaning attempt at interior decorating . . . pathetic attempt at a plausible alibi . . .

(Hi guys, I'm so behind, did you guys figure out the deal with the dressers yet, etc.? Tia. Has COD come back yet? When is Mariah's service? What's the latest if someone can please be so kind to provide a Cliff's Notes update! Please and thank you.)
We're all pretty much just arguing about what the meaning of "is" is.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Snipped from previous comment:
"The notion of adding in an element of a large unwieldy piece of furniture to a crime directly related to murder makes no sense to me. If you need to dispose of something, you grab a bag, not a dresser. "

If he had been out "ransacking" and stole the dressers at say, 11pm., returned home and woke up little Mariah who began fussing (he may have taken his frustrations out on her). He may have placed her body in one of the dressers and hauled the dressers (one containing with her body) out to where he dumped her. He then returned home. LE found evidence she had been in one of the dressers and proceeded to tie him to the dressers in order to arrest him and keep him from fleeing "until" they could PROVE he was responsible for her disappearance and ultimate murder when they found her body.

In other words, he may have stolen the dressers earlier, came home, Mariah was up and awake (the first story said he told her to go back to bed at midnight), she refused and was fussy which he feared might awaken her Mom. He attempted to "quieten" her and killed her in the process. The dressers were already there in his van/truck. Dogs may have picked up her scent in those dressers...and the rest is sadly, history. JMO.

It's hard to believe anyone could have moved around in that trailer (in and out twice), without waking up Mom. Unless, someone tried to keep everyone quiet, including little Mariah?

We're all pretty much just arguing about what the meaning of "is" is.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

( Bahahahahaha )

(Eta: sorry this is a very awful situation at hand and there is nothing funny about the murder of a child, but this made me giggle)

No need to. They could just meet on the street. It's a rural area. Don't really need to hide the transaction because there is no one around to see.
What is your theory on why he was there?

Mine is simply that as an HVAC tech, he had come across the house and saw an opportunity for theft, but I'm not ruling out opportunity for drugs as well.

Well, I can't make a call if I can't find it, and my searches yielded nothing.

#MariahWoods on Twitter

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Also in response to posts about DV that re-victimize the victim.
Support system is key! But where is it for some? I still think of some of the people I worked with whether victim or defendant before retiring. The woman who had been abused by Dad and brothers her entire life, she paid a high price the times CPS was called and did nothing. She married a man like her father, friends with her brother. Had babies, was in the ER numerous time with broken bones, always covering up the truth. You grow up knowing there is no help and learn to accept what is as normal. Until one day years later her 12 year old son told her he was going to kill the father, it was after she woke up from a coma, a beating that left her brain damaged, affected her speech, motor skills, and thought processes. I met her when I was conducting the pre-sentence investigation on her husband for the court. Taking the beatings was the only way she knew to protect her children. another case; a father and 2 others tied a man to the basement pole. They beat and tortured him but not before bring the father's 4 year old son to the basement to make a "man" out of him by watching and being told to urinate on him. No wonder years 16 years later the now grown son was arrested for DV & assault. Later going to prison. I even think of my daughter, saved in the nick of time, we adopted her at the age of 12. Sexually abused by grandfather and father. It happened to all the girls in the family. The grandfather even impregnated his own daughter.Luckily for her she ended up in foster care and it was not to late for a good support system to help. It may be only us that have had a good support system who can help some of these children in foster care, or report things we see and not be daunted by when nothing happens the first time through CPS. I have seen what can take an innocent child and turn them in tomorrows victims or abusers. I have 3 bio kids (one passed away), 2 adopted. I think somehow I was born to be a mother. But seeing the reality and the tragedy, results of a child's cycle of life solidified it. When I was the age most were planning their retirement I chose to adopt a 2 year old child with cerebral palsy from overseas. I felt I had enough time left to give another child a "support system", the semblance of family and a chance. I write all of this because I agree completely with the need for a good support system. But where does it come from when it's not the family? WE sometimes see through rose colored glasses and judge through our life experiences. It's just not that black and white.

Beautifuly written dsdebow! Thank you!!

snipped from previous comment:
The notion of adding in an element of a large unwieldy piece of furniture to a crime directly related to murder makes no sense to me. If you need to dispose of something, you grab a bag, not a dresser. "

If he had been out "ransacking" and stole the dressers at say, 11pm., returned home and work up little Mariah who began fussing (and he took his frustrations out on her). He may have placed her body in one of the dressers and hauled the dressers (along with her body) out to where he dumped her. He then returned home. LE found evidence she had been in one of the dressers and proceeded to tie him to the dressers in order to arrest him and keep him from fleeing "until" they could PROVE he was responsible for her disappearance and ultimate murder when they found her body.

In other words, he may have stolen the dressers earlier, came home, Mariah was up and awake (the first story said he told her to go back to bed at midnight), she refused and was fussy which could have awakened her Mom. He attempted to "quieten" her and killed her in the process. The dressers were already there in his van/truck. Dogs may have picked up her scent in those dressers...and the rest is sadly, history. JMO.

It's hard to believe anyone could have moved around in that trailer (in and out twice), without waking up Mom. Unless, someone tried to keep everyone quiet, including little Mariah?
"
LOL,I was so confused for a moment, imagining him actually tied with a rope to a dresser.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Jury's still out on the dressers - - completely coincidental, random pilfering . . well-meaning attempt at interior decorating . . . pathetic attempt at a plausible alibi . . .

The various thoughts and theories on the dressers have really been brilliant. So many different ideas.

Going back to my earlier post, I think the stolen dressers may have broken EK's alibi. I inferred (perhaps wrongly!) from the first information provided by the family and LE that EK and KW were home all night. They last saw Mariah at 11pm, and then 12am, and then discovered her missing at 6:45am. I (again, perhaps wrongly) inferred that meant everyone was home sleeping and she was snatched from her bed in the night.

If that was their story, finding EK broke into an abandoned house (burglary) and stole dressers (larceny) during that time would break his alibi. Confronting him with that information may have led him to lie more, or start talking, etc.

So I don't think burglary was his intentional alibi, I think it might be the first inconsistency in his story of what happened that night.

Answers all in the negative, AFAIK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads