Found Deceased NC - Mariah Woods, 3, Onslow County, 27 Nov 2017 #6 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
PSA: you can add posters to an ignore list and you won’t see their posts. The continuous and unfruitful quoting just to say you disagree with someone is getting tedious on this thread.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Question: Those CPS documents. Would LE be given those before the parents? Same time? After? Seperate/Additional report intended only for LE? Same documents?

How does that generally work?

(quote)
CONFIDENTIALITY OF CHILD PROTECTIVE SERVICES RECORDS
By Nina Williams-Mbengue
A physician notifies child protective services that she suspects a child in her care is being
physically abused. They then begin an extensive investigation, interviewing the child’s family,
school and neighbors. If abuse is confirmed, child protective services enters the case into the
state’s central registry and begins to develop a plan to treat the family and prevent more abuse.
Can the physician find out whether an investigation was conducted? Who can see the central
registry information? What type of information is the treatment agency allowed to see?
State lawmakers have responded to these questions with laws to protect the privacy of children
and families while allowing state agencies and other organizations to gather the necessary
information. Most states allow child protective services, law enforcement, physicians,
attorneys and the courts access to confidential records, including the central child abuse
registry, in order to investigate reports of abuse, treat victims and prosecute perpetrators
http://www.ncsl.org/Portals/1/documents/cyf/29nina.pdf

Many states have a victims advocate, and victims compensation fund....does NC? The state should have funding for parenting classes, legal aid, etc for those that are disadvantage and are victims. Considering he and his sons are victims of a horrific crime, the state should offer assistance to them all. Whether it will or not remains to be seen.

Fingers crossed, I hope so. My one experience with the Victims Assistance people came through one of my nieces and the experience was less then positive. She was beaten up pretty badly by her than boyfriend. When it first happened they were offering her all sorts of assistance but as time wore on they were less and less available to her. She tried applying to the Victim's Compensation fund but no one was able to help her with the paperwork so she ended up not getting any assistance from them. The worst part came when the victim advocate for the DA didn't even call her to tell her that her boyfriend was allowed to plead down the domestic violence charge to some misdemeanor menacing charge. Dirty little punk got probation and my niece got two days in the hospital.

Until the mother is named as a POI or charged with a crime by LE, what we think about her actions or lack of actions is not allowed on this forum. We need to be patient.

Actually I did not mention the present case at all, I merely mentioned prior actions on her part.

PSA: you can add posters to an ignore list and you won’t see their posts. The continuous and unfruitful quoting just to say you disagree with someone is getting tedious on this thread.

I would like to add that, IMO, it is also creating an un-productive and un-welcoming tone on this thread. We all are here for Mariah, and her brothers. I'd hope that what unifies us is stronger than our differences.
It would be helpful to our work if folks could agree to disagree, and move on to another topic or another idea, please.

Bringing this post forward from Coldpizza, to try and explain why talking about Mariah's mom's actions isn't allowed right now... I may be wrong, and will stand corrected if so. But I feel that comments are sliding into the realm of attacking Mariah's mom, and I really don't want the thread to get closed.
Friendly reminder everyone. Mom is still a victim on WS so tread carefully.

Surely no one want's to find themselves on the outside looking in.

VICTIM FRIENDLY

Websleuths is a victim friendly forum. Attacking or bashing a victim is not allowed. Discussing victim behavior, good or bad is fine, but do so in a civil and constructive way, and only when such behavior is relevant to the case.

The "victim friendly" rule extends to the family members of victims and suspects. Sleuthing family members, friends, and others who have not been designated as suspects is not allowed. Don't make random accusations, suggest their involvement, nor bash and attack them. Posting their personal information, including names, addresses, and background data -- even if it is public -- is not allowed. That does not mean, however, that statements made by family members and other third parties cannot come into discussion as the facts of the case are reported in the media.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?65798-Etiquette-amp-Information

(quote)
CONFIDENTIALITY OF CHILD PROTECTIVE SERVICES RECORDS
By Nina Williams-Mbengue
A physician notifies child protective services that she suspects a child in her care is being
physically abused. They then begin an extensive investigation, interviewing the child’s family,
school and neighbors. If abuse is confirmed, child protective services enters the case into the
state’s central registry and begins to develop a plan to treat the family and prevent more abuse.
Can the physician find out whether an investigation was conducted? Who can see the central
registry information? What type of information is the treatment agency allowed to see?
State lawmakers have responded to these questions with laws to protect the privacy of children
and families while allowing state agencies and other organizations to gather the necessary
information. Most states allow child protective services, law enforcement, physicians,
attorneys and the courts access to confidential records, including the central child abuse
registry, in order to investigate reports of abuse, treat victims and prosecute perpetrators
http://www.ncsl.org/Portals/1/documents/cyf/29nina.pdf

Thank you for the info. So if they are able to access those records electronically, they (LE) would have received the final report/findings prior to the parents being mailed theirs or at the same time, if parents have an attorney who could also access them?

I agree that it’s warranted. I just wish the Dad would go to LE instead of the media. There’s been no implication whatsoever that LE is not doing a fantastic and meticulous job here, right? I mean I made a comment about the Sheriff not being great at media relations at the early press conference and got chewed out for pages for it. Everyone seems to agree that LE has prioritized this case from day one and done a great job.

My concern about the CPS report being released for the boys. They’ve obviously been abused and now disturbing details are public. Their friends and other community members may have seen the report and now know the deepest most hurtful experiences of those little boys. They didn’t choose to share their stories of abuse, their dad put it on national tv for them. This is why CPS records are confidential.

I agree, in theory. But there had already been 'leaks' that the parents were trying to blame the death of the child upon one of the brothers. At that point, maybe it was better for the public to hear exactly what the boys had to say about their home life.

And I don't believe the boys spoke about being sexually abused. They were physically abused and beaten and screamed at. So nothing to be ashamed of in front of their friends. Obviously there is going to be drama and gossip because of the tragic situation. JMO

Hi struggling to keep up don't think I've posted for a couple threads. Continuing to lurk though. Had to scroll through some of the horrifying details today. But do we a COD yet ? Apologies if missed

Hi struggling to keep up don't think I've posted for a couple threads. Continuing to lurk though. Had to scroll through some of the horrifying details today. But do we a COD yet ? Apologies if missed

No cause of Mariah’s death has been released yet.

“Kimrey removed the girl's body from the place where she died and knew her death was not natural, according to those arrest warrants.”

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/mariah-woods-body-found-earl-kimrey-arrested/

I agree, in theory. But there had already been 'leaks' that the parents were trying to blame the death of the child upon one of the brothers. At that point, maybe it was better for the public to hear exactly what the boys had to say about their home life.

And I don't believe the boys spoke about being sexually abused. They were physically abused and beaten and screamed at. So nothing to be ashamed of in front of their friends. Obviously there is going to be drama and gossip because of the tragic situation. JMO

In the longer HLN video (available here: https://youtu.be/yp_ZoA0pdCM ) a quote from the CPS report says that the "juveniles were exposed to sexual abuse." From what I have read, I believe that refers to the boys being witness to the abuse of Mariah.

Thank you for the info. So if they are able to access those records electronically, they (LE) would have received the final report/findings prior to the parents being mailed theirs or at the same time, if parents have an attorney who could also access them?
(bbm)

You just said something very important. The reports may have been mailed. If they were mailed Friday, the parents would have received them today.

You're welcome. I gather any of the entities mentioned in the linked article would have access to the reports by law. Apart from that we know the biological father must of had a report because he has made it known in msm. I am not sure if a CPS report would automatically be sent out to any or all of the entities who could have access to them unless a report is requested?

(Awwww, get better doggie!!

:grouphug: )

I hope your pup recovers quickly! It's always horrible when pets get sick. My dog was diagnosed with bone cancer 5 weeks ago...she's just now showing signs that point to a heck of difficult decision I have to make, probably in the next couple days. This website is my escape right now or I would sit and cry all day!

But I can't help but think of how upset I get when she shows the slightest sign of pain...it kills me. Which makes it so so hard to understand how someone could hurt an innocent child and then dump the body like it's trash.

:(

sorry to hear that!

Poor doggy, I hope your dog feels better soon!

Thank you all for your well wishes! She has kidney failure, very high kidney values. The doc said there's only a small chance that the kidneys will recover :please: She gets drips and medication twice a day now and I guess we will have to wait and see ... This is hard!

@alucardsdream I'm so sorry to hear that. It's a tough call to make, I know. Hopefully she can still improve? :hug:

You're absolutely right. We suffer so much when our pets are hurting, and then there are people who treat little children literally like garbage. I will never understand why. What's wrong with these people? :cry:

Thank you all for your well wishes! She has kidney failure, very high kidney values. The doc said there's only a small chance that the kidneys will recover :please: She gets drips and medication twice a day now and I guess we will have to wait and see ... This is hard!

@alucardsdream I'm so sorry to hear that. It's a tough call to make, I know. Hopefully she can still improve? :hug:

You're absolutely right. We suffer so much when our pets are hurting, and then there are people who treat little children literally like garbage. I will never understand why. What's wrong with these people? :cry:

Aw, I'm sorry to hear that. I hope the medication helps her and you see some improvement! Unfortunately, there isn't anything I can do for my dog. I knew when she was diagnosed it was terminal, but I've had 5 weeks to prepare myself for what's coming. She's comfy with pain meds right now but I know I'm down to the last couple days with her. She's had a good life, though, and I promised I wouldn't let her suffer.

It breaks my heart to see her in pain and I can't even imagine what it would be like to have a child with a terminal illness. That's why it's so hard to comprehend cases like Mariah's. I just can't see how someone can be so heartless that they can injure and even kill without remorse. Heartbreaking.

Awww, I am sorry to say that we are losing our little Chihua-Corgi this holiday season as well. He has a heart murmur and his heart meds have weakened his kidneys. I replaced his picture with the beautiful flower that opened up the day that we were told the bad news. I walked outside to cry and saw this HUGE flower had opened for one day in the yard. :cry:

Instead of flying up North to go to a large family Christmas, hubby and I are staying home to spend our last days with Harley, and make him comfortable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Linnymac68$