Found Deceased NC - Michael 'Randy' McFalls, Charlotte, 13 July 2017

Randy is my uncle. Onstar has been turned off for years. We have talked about going over the area with a helicopter. How would we go about doing that? We have zero leads still and the cops are being zero help. His work has live video feed only

Welcome, and I'm so sorry this is happening. I hope some of our most helpful sleuthers can chime in here and help. Why aren't the police helping? What are they saying? This has to be terribly frustrating for you and your family.

I have thought about your uncle everyday. He's in my thoughts and I'm hoping and praying for the best.

There are some links that I will find that may be helpful - I'll post them in my next post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Randy is my uncle. Onstar has been turned off for years. We have talked about going over the area with a helicopter. How would we go about doing that? We have zero leads still and the cops are being zero help. His work has live video feed only

What area? Where his office is? Have you been able to check any close by businesses for cameras? Does your Aunt have access to his cell records to see when the last call was and to who? Has LE tried pinging his phone? Bank activity?
Did he leave work at the usual time and everything seemed ok?

I hope he is found safe and soon!

Consider becoming a verified insider....http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...n-Process-for-Professional-or-Insider-Posters

Thanks so much for signing in and giving us more information. Feel so bad for you and your family. Can't begin to imagine the agony all of you are going through. What a nightmare!

So if I'm understanding all this correctly, there are no surveillance tapes or security to review from your uncle's work. Also OnStar is not an option, and hasn't been for years. I take it that his car hasn't been seen anywhere.

You have no further leads at all? Oh my gosh. I don't want to be intrusive, and you don't have to respond to anything said here, but I'm wondering if your uncle had any health issues that could have caused any of this?

Have you checked all the hospitals for a John Doe? I'm an RN and we have had patients admitted who had amnesia from various causes. Head injury, different types of strokes and other neuro problems, heart issues, etc. It's always a challenge for medical staff to take care of someone who is nameless, and can provide no history.

That's a long shot I know, and it seems the medical staff would be checking the news accounts for any missing individuals who fit the description. Still, it seems it might be worth checking it out.

Also, I talked to my son about this. He was a news photographer/videographer for several years here with one of our local tv stations. Part of his job was going up in the news chopper and doing the video while the reporter gave the news.

I asked him if their news station ever received a request like this, or if he had any advice. He said that his crew often helped out the police if they were both up in the sky at the same time. I explained that the police have been little help to your family.

He really couldn't offer much more except that he agreed it would be a good idea to contact the search and rescue team and the various links listed by Henry2326 and anonypotomous. (He also offered his sincere sympathy for your family.)

Surely someone from one of those sources will be able to link your family up with someone who could be of genuine help to you.

If you feel like you're still up against a brick wall, I think if it were me I'd try cold calling the airports and the various news stations to ask about help, helicopter and otherwise. Maybe someone will have a kind heart!

I'd probably even contact my elected State Representative and see if I could get action that way, by explaining how the police are not helping your family at all.

Trying to think of every angle you could pursue. I so hope though that it's not coming across as telling you what to do. You have plenty enough to deal with already.

Please keep us posted as you are able. This has to be such a horrible time for you. We really care and are praying for the safe return of your uncle...

Overunder, I live in the area and was wondering if 161 has been searched thoroughly for any signs of a car going off the road? If not, I'd be willing to do that. 161 is the only part of his commute that I could imagine running off the road and not being seen.

I'm putting Randy's info in my signature - hope more folks will come to this thread and help!

Overunder, I live in the area and was wondering if 161 has been searched thoroughly for any signs of a car going off the road? If not, I'd be willing to do that. 161 is the only part of his commute that I could imagine running off the road and not being seen.

You're a doll! I hope the family takes you up on your offer.

Is there a "Missing" page on FB for Randy yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When he said he was stopping to get something to drink, I wonder if he meant going to a drive through or mini-mart to get a soda, or stopping at a bar for a quick beer with friends? Is there a place near his work he liked to go?

Yeah, here in NC pretty much anything imbibed is referred to as a "drink". A Coke is a "drink". A soda is a "drink". A pop is a "drink". A Snapple is a "drink". And, of course, an actual drink is a drink. Lot's of folks do happy hour at someplace after work, but for some reason I am thinking that this seems more like stopping by a 7-11 for a Coke. JMO.

Yeah, here in NC pretty much anything imbibed is referred to as a "drink". A Coke is a "drink". A soda is a "drink". A pop is a "drink". A Snapple is a "drink". And, of course, an actual drink is a drink. Lot's of folks do happy hour at someplace after work, but for some reason I am thinking that this seems more like stopping by a 7-11 for a Coke. JMO.

Hoping they can check out any places he may have gone. Maybe any 7-11's, etc between his work and home. They may have camera surveillance.

Why hasn't there been a Silver Alert?

Unfortunately something sounds amiss if his iPad, iPhone, and iWatch are all turned off. What man turns his watch off?

The fact that On Star can't locate him is another worrisome problem.

The family must be beside themselves after this much time has passed.

Why hasn't there been a Silver Alert?

Unfortunately something sounds amiss if his iPad, iPhone, and iWatch are all turned off. What man turns his watch off?

The fact that On Star can't locate him is another worrisome problem.

The family must be beside themselves after this much time has passed.
Back a few pages, his nephew said on star has been off for years. The simplest answer to the rest of the electronics is the batteries ran down.

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

Does anyone know what he does for a living? Could it be something that could make him or anyone walking out of the business alone a target?

Wouldn't his phone ping in another area as he was driving? It should have pinged elsewhere, I would think, unless there is water very close by his work. Has he had any medical appointments recently, that could have contained some upsetting news?

Just thinking of scenarios of possibility.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back