Deceased/Not Found NC - Monica Moynan, 23, mom of 2, Holly Springs, 7 Apr 2019 *GUILTY*

The Holly Springs Police Department just posted this on their Facebook page today. Unfortunately, I take this as discouraging news in progress being made in Moni’s case. :( #justiceforMoni

“As many of you are aware, the Holly Springs Police Department has been actively investigating the death of Monica Moynan, starting with her reported disappearance in July of 2019. It is our belief that Monica went missing in April of 2019 and our focus shifted from a missing person’s case to a death investigation in October of 2019. Although we do not have any updated information to share, this case remains the number one priority for our agency. Our investigators continue to work tirelessly, around the clock, to bring Monica home. As we continue this active investigation, we again appeal to you, the public, for assistance. If someone out there has witnessed, noticed, or heard something that can help piece together what happened to Monica it is important to report it. Although you may believe a small piece of information is trivial or unimportant, please do not discount its significance. Any information regarding this case is extremely valuable. If you have any information that would help bring closure to Monica’s family and aid our continuing investigation, please contact Detective Mitchell Ham at (919) 567-4702.”

Yes, I do believe an arrest is coming. They just need to strengthen their case as much as possible. #JusticeforMoni !!!!!!

The evidence they seem to have collected is a lot and the search history and conversations that the ex-wife recorded are also damning. Not to mention all the endless lies BS has told. If they could just find Moni I feel the case would move forward, there has to be evidence on her. #JusticeforMoni

Raise your hand if you got a Tweet or read a headline today: “Authorities have found the remains of a missing North Carolina woman...” and your heart skipped a beat?

Not Moni.

Still waiting. #JusticeforMoni

Tazewell County Virginia Sheriff's Office
February 6 at 10:38 AM ·
This case may actually have ties to Tazewell County, if you have any additional information please contact Holly Springs PD.

84725878_10158267735449314_8809393410642280448_n.jpg

+2

Holly Springs Police North Carolina
Law Enforcement Agency
February 5 at 11:18 AM ·
As many of you are aware, the Holly Springs Police Department has been actively investigating the death of Monica Moynan, starting with her reported disappearan...

See More

February 5 at 11:18 AM ·
As many of you are aware, the Holly Springs Police Department has been actively investigating the death of Monica Moynan, starting with her reported disappearance in July of 2019. It is our belief that Monica went missing in April of 2019 and our focus shifted from a missing person’s case to a death investigation in October of 2019. Although we do not have any updated information to share, this case remains the number one priority for our agency. Our investigators continue to work tirelessly, around the clock, to bring Monica home. As we continue this active investigation, we again appeal to you, the public, for assistance. If someone out there has witnessed, noticed, or heard something that can help piece together what happened to Monica it is important to report it. Although you may believe a small piece of information is trivial or unimportant, please do not discount its significance. Any information regarding this case is extremely valuable. If you have any information that would help bring closure to Monica’s family and aid our continuing investigation, please contact Detective Mitchell Ham at (919) 567-4702.

+2

Law Enforcement Agency
21 Comments337 Shares

There is a lot of bizarre things to this case. One of the most is the posts made to FB and SM Etsy etc. made after she was missing. It's not that hard to relist something on Etsy, just a matter of pushing a button to relist so I am not sure that having an auto-renewal of the listing would make sense for Moni. I would like to believe that the SM posts mean perhaps she is alive and well somewhere, but I am not sure that is the case.

This case is made extra hard due to the fact there is so much that cannot be discussed here, so, many layers and elements. I am still holding out hope she will be found. Someone above was asking about the person who knows Moni that was posting and going to get verified that never came back.
Late to the thread and catching up but I run an Etsy and can confirm auto renewal. We use it for lip balms, just makes it easier to not have to rewrite posts or if you sell out of an item but make frequent batches. A lot of our stuff is different per batch but since our lip balms tend to be the same we have auto renewal. In case that helps.

Late to the thread and catching up but I run an Etsy and can confirm auto renewal. We use it for lip balms, just makes it easier to not have to rewrite posts or if you sell out of an item but make frequent batches. A lot of our stuff is different per batch but since our lip balms tend to be the same we have auto renewal. In case that helps.
Thank you for the information and welcome!

B7B1D821-4BEA-4913-B01E-8B4B35DA060C.jpeg 01783BBB-64D6-4369-887F-C0537786A997.jpeg

On Monday, March 2, Heather Ashley is doing a special podcast on Moni’s case. It is called Missing Presumed Murdered Monica Moynan: Domestic Violence Isn’t Just Abuse. It’s a Path.

Melanie and Brandon wanted me to invite all of you to listen to her podcast for a full review of all the details. Apple podcasts, Spotify or Podbean. Download the app that works best for you, subscribe to Big Mad True Crime and listen tomorrow, March 2nd! We will all be tuning in together. #justiceforMoni

View attachment 235581 View attachment 235582

On Monday, March 2, Heather Ashley is doing a special podcast on Moni’s case. It is called Missing Presumed Murdered Monica Moynan: Domestic Violence Isn’t Just Abuse. It’s a Path.

Melanie and Brandon wanted me to invite all of you to listen to her podcast for a full review of all the details. Apple podcasts, Spotify or Podbean. Download the app that works best for you, subscribe to Big Mad True Crime and listen tomorrow, March 2nd! We will all be tuning in together. #justiceforMoni

Heather Ashley did a phenomenal job, and definitely did Moni's case a lot of justice. I am glad you all tuned in to listen! I am new to Webseluths actually. I am a local & I had the pleasure of making Moni's acquaintance in High School for a brief period of time. I have been following the case via facebook for the duration she has been missing. It is truly heartbreaking, but i think we are close to some closure & its truly wonderful that there are people out there who care and devote their time to helping. I am happy to be apart of this amazing community of Sleuths.

I just listened to the podcast. I must say Heather Ashley is the best I have ever heard. She has a gift for bringing stories to life. Also, very impressed with Holly Springs Police.
Question--can we sleuth the ex?
I was wondering the same thing! He’s a total creep. I would love to Sleuth him but I’m not sure if we can or not. Might have to be a lone sleuth.

I heard about this case also on the Big Mad True Crime podcast done by Heather Ashley (I LOVE her "style" of telling these stories. NO BS.)

Mind boggling that this is taking so.very.looooong. I can't imagine the frustration of being family and having to let the "process" play out in its own time.

Also, I agree about the HSPD. Based on the podcast, they have been amazing.

Melanie Tucker had not heard her daughter Monica Moynan’s voice in months. This was not normal.

They would usually talk every two weeks and would text several times a week. But from April to July of last year, when Melanie would ask Monica to call, it seemed there was always an excuse.

“I’m in the car.”

I can’t focus or now I’m running into work right now.”

“I’ve got an extra shift. Let me call you tomorrow.”

Other texts were long and detailed, Melanie said, pointing out one text still on her phone about a trip to Charlotte for doula training that Monica was especially excited about.

“It was very elaborate,” Melanie’s husband, Brandon Tucker, said. “You read it, and it felt like her.”

But the person sending these texts was not Monica. It was Brian Sluss, her ex-boyfriend and father of her children, according to search warrant applications written by Holly Springs Police Department detectives.

Melanie reported her daughter missing in July 2019, when Monica’s apartment manager in Holly Springs called her out of concern, after seeing Sluss at the apartment and not having seen or heard Monica since late March, according to warrants.

Monica was declared missing by the police after a welfare check at her apartment. The last time anyone had seen her apart from Sluss was in April 2019, according to the warrants.

The detectives are now investigating her disappearance — her body has not been found — as a murder.

Sluss, 44, is a suspect in the case, Police Department spokesman Mark Andrews said in an email. But no one has been arrested or charged.

Wake County District Attorney Lorrin Freeman said “the case remains under investigation” in a text message to The News & Observer.
Missing Monica: Police say NC mother’s disappearance is a murder investigation

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Holliday3
Back