NC - Nia Hantzopoulos, 64, murdered, Charlotte, *ARREST*

I really hope they don't charge the room mate. He could have been in fear of his life if he would have said...hey dude this isn't a deer?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I think it's important to see what evidence the police may have before presuming his innocence or guilt. I shared your opinion initially. Then I thought about it. If I were in that situation, I do think I would assist out of fear. However, the moment he leaves I'm going to the police station. This being for my own safety as well as my conscience. There's no way I could help someone load a body into a vehicle and just act like nothing happened. Especially after seeing blood in his bedroom. I would put as much distance between me and that place as possible.

It is entirely possible that the roommate was willingly involved in whatever happened in that home. I'm confident that the police will thoroughly interrogate him to determine the extent of his involvement. They owe it to Nia and her loved ones to hold those responsible accountable for their actions.

I think it's important to see what evidence the police may have before presuming his innocence or guilt. I shared your opinion initially. Then I thought about it. If I were in that situation, I do think I would assist out of fear. However, the moment he leaves I'm going to the police station. This being for my own safety as well as my conscience. There's no way I could help someone load a body into a vehicle and just act like nothing happened. Especially after seeing blood in his bedroom. I would put as much distance between me and that place as possible.

It is entirely possible that the roommate was willingly involved in whatever happened in that home. I'm confident that the police will thoroughly interrogate him to determine the extent of his involvement. They owe it to Nia and her loved ones to hold those responsible accountable for their actions.

Do we know if he did or didn't contact police? I thought I read on a post here from msm he said, he came home from work that day and his roommate was acting weird?

Do we know if he did or didn't contact police? I thought I read on a post here from msm he said, he came home from work that day and his roommate was acting weird?

Monday, police went to Mendoza's apartment in Pineville and talked with a man who said he was Mendoza's roommate.

http://www.wbtv.com/story/34154380/warrant-murder-suspect-asked-roommate-to-help-move-womans-body

This is the only reference to his contact with police I've seen. Although it's entirely possible that I just didn't see the article you're referencing.

Who is the room mate? How did the room mate and the suspect know one another. Deer limbs and human limbs are not one in the same. The suspect may have needed a accomplice and could not control this woman on his own.

Who is the room mate? How did the room mate and the suspect know one another. Deer limbs and human limbs are not one in the same. The suspect may have needed a accomplice and could not control this woman on his own.
Roommate hasn't been named yet? I am sure if he becomes a POI he will be named and we can discuss him. Otherwise off limits. I thought the roommate was at work when this occurred. I will go back and read msm again.

This link has a little info about the roommates involvement.

http://www.fox46charlotte.com/news/local-news/226300532-story

On Monday, Dec. 26, detectives interviewed Mendoza's roommate who said on Dec. 16 when he returned home from work around 3 p.m. he was approached by Mendoza an hour later to help carry something.

The roommate told police they went outside to a vehicle that was backed into a parking space about 15 feet from the apartment, and he helped Mendoza load a heavy object wrapped in a white sheet in the trunk of the vehicle.

The roommate told police Mendoza said it was a deer, but the roommate said his prior experience with deer hunting made him think the object was too heavy and not shaped like a deer. He also knew Mendoza did not have a vehicle, so he made note of the license plate

A little more...
In addition, he found blood on the floor of his roommate’s bedroom which Mendoza later cleaned.
Gotta go get the link.

http://www.crimeincharlotte.com/arrest-of-suspect-in-charlotte-murder-case/

Funny though it never says whether the roommate reported it or LE showed up. Imho from the msm posts it seems LE showed up and the roommate hadn't reported...yet?

I wanted to add
4d846a16fe6baf1aaee652b04e211d2e.jpg

also it seems he did try to change his appearance with a hair cut

cd9a88f0b52ad5d453707213cfede1c1.jpg

And now we wait for #justice for Nia.

He looks he's aged 20 years since what I assume is his ID photo. It's the kind of transformation seen with drug use - could that be a possible factor in this crime? Also possible that the ID photo is actually pretty old. Glad that smirk is off his face. I'd be frowning too if I knew I was going to prison.

How do you know his photo id is 20 years old? He probably hasn't been in the country 20 years. I did not see part about room mate finding blood, so the room mate contacted LE from what I am understanding? I see now, thought it was room mate was later interviewed after all this happend and then spoke of what he saw.

Or myrtle beach city possibly? The family did not seem very upset in that interview, maybe just in shock. If that was my mother I wouldn't be able to do a news interview, I guess people take things different.

How do you know his photo id is 20 years old? He probably hasn't been in the country 20 years.

I don't know how old how id is. I was just pointing out that his appearance has changed drastically, he looks very aged compared to the released photo. 20 years was an exaggeration.

I bet he just total let himself go. Looks like all his self esteem is gone, his whole life is over from the look on his face from my opinion.

2021 Update-​

Man found not guilty of murder in 2016 death of Charlotte woman​

<Snipped>

More than four years later, in May of 2021, officials say Mendoza was found not guilty of first-degree murder in connection to Hantzopoulos’ death.

Investigators have not said if they are now looking for another suspect in the case, and no details about Mendoza’s trial were released.

Anyone with further information should contact Crime Stoppers at 704-334-1600.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back