Found Deceased NC - Nicholas Snead, 20, drove to buy a Christmas gift for mom, High Point, text won't deliver, loc showed Greensboro, 23 Dec 2022

So sad. RIP young man. The idea that he was so close to where his last pings were AND LE seems to have not found him for so long gives pause about how they investigated. I hope this family seeks any kind of answer they need. There should also be some sort of standard for what LE does when it gets a report like this. Even the LE CYA statement sounded ridiculous..... such a large area, etc. I think they did not really do a thorough job. JMHO.

I have felt guilty for not going and looking myself because I kept thinking about that exit area but I took it in good faith that LE would have searched there because of his last ping.
I bet GPD is sweating the COD results.
I hope the answer comes soon. Poor mom needs to bury her son.

WELCOME! to Websleuths Sir George Gordon.

Drowned after hitting his head...

Investigators believe Snead’s car lost control turning onto the on-ramp, slid over the curb, and flipped upside down in the creek.

Police said Snead was wearing his seat belt.

Drowned after hitting his head...

Investigators believe Snead’s car lost control turning onto the on-ramp, slid over the curb, and flipped upside down in the creek.

Police said Snead was wearing his seat belt.

Did you find an additional article? I didn't see those phrases.

Thanks!

I am still not happy about the search. IMO Greensboro PD would have been accountable if his COD was from hypothermia. Unfortunately there were many things that came into play the week it happened to cause him not to be found right away. 1. It was a Christmas weekend. 2. That weekend we were at 7 degrees and had slick roads. 3.Ongoing shortage of officers. 4. GPD only drove the exit ramp and did not get out to do a foot search. 5. No drones or helicopters were used in the search.
I will never trust GPD again when they say they have done a thorough search.
This is just my opinion on my observations and not fact.

Scroll down further.

Sadly, from link:

His death was ruled a traffic accident by Greensboro Police.

WFMY News 2 recently obtained Snead's autopsy report. The medical examiner said Snead drowned after hitting his head in a car accident.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imaguppynotashark
Back