NC - Officer, several others dead at Raleigh active shooting scene, 13 Oct 2022 *suspect is a minor*

He also had access to a deadly weapon… however that was obtained.
Maybe I missed it (just now getting here & trying to catch up) -- but do we know where he obtained the weapon?
Apparently a "long gun" is any weapon that is not a pistol, so I guess it can be used for hunting game animals, etc.

Last edited:
Maybe I missed it (just now getting here & trying to catch up) -- but do we know where he obtained the weapon?
What is a long gun used to do? Hunting? Target shooting? (I know very little about firearms of any kind.)
Dad had them out and accessible and has been cited now. The article above was updated to reflect dad's charge also. The quote is from a fiance of one of the victims, but the dad, Alan Thompson, was charged today.

On Wednesday, Steele also shared his thoughts about the citation against Alan Thompson.
"This person had two minors at home, minors who are not allowed to possess guns," Steele said. "He should have had a safe.
"Yes, he was exercising his Second Amendment right to own a firearm, but that doesn’t relieve him of the responsibility to keep those firearms secure from people who shouldn’t have had them. And clearly, his 15-year-old son shouldn’t have had access to a firearm."
Steele said he thinks state law should allow Alan Thompson to be charged as an accessory to murder.

Gosh, time flies. It has been a year. Raleigh remembers: Quiet ceremony, resources planned a year after mass shooting

The City of Raleigh has planned "Healing Together" events on Oct. 13 and 14, 2023, to mark a year since the mass shooting that claimed five lives.
  • On Friday, Oct. 13, a quiet "remembrance ceremony" will take place at 3:30 p.m. outside the Raleigh Municipal Building at 3:30 p.m.
  • On Saturday, Oct. 14, a community day at Nash Square from 10 a.m. to noon will offer free resources on health, nutrition, mental health and gun violence prevention.

Finally a trial date but so far away.

Hedingham shooting: Trial date set for September 2025 for accused teen shooter

A potential trial date has been scheduled for Sept. 22, 2025, for Austin Thompson, the teenager accused in Raleigh's Oct. 13, 2022, Hedingham mass shooting.
In a brief review hearing on Thursday afternoon to determine a timeline Thompson's case, a judge set the date for 2025. Thompson's defense attorney also requested a change of venue; however, a venue for the trial has not been announced.

It's always nice to know that fellow North Carolinians are on here with me.
I'm here in Raleigh... I don't know much about the Hedingham area since I am in the western part of Raleigh.
I did a bit of research via county real-estate data.
It seems to be a clean, nice-looking middle-class, mostly 3 bedroom home neighborhood, built within the last 10 years or so. All this is online data, and I imagine that lot and house sizes vary, so don't take this to the bank, STS.

I'm here in Raleigh... I don't know much about the Hedingham area since I am in the western part of Raleigh.
I did a bit of research via county real-estate data.
It seems to be a clean, nice-looking middle-class, mostly 3 bedroom home neighborhood, built within the last 10 years or so. All this is online data, and I imagine that lot and house sizes vary, so don't take this to the bank, STS.
I'm in the Triangle area also, Lived here my entire life, and even went to college here. I am a dying breed. Hard to find fellow native Tarheels around here anymore. People come from literally all over the world to make this their home now.

Details of what I initially heard are very slowly coming out.

Breaking News :: WRAL.com

Search warrants WRAL News obtained Thursday provide new details about the October 2022 mass shooting in Raleigh's Hedingham neighborhood. It includes weapons and ammunition seized from Austin Thompson's home and a letter written by Austin admitting to and describing his brother's death.

New warrants show Hedingham suspect's actions as mass shooting unfolded
"These new warrants paint a picture of a brutal shooting spree that allegedly started on Oct. 13, 2022, with Austin Thompson's brother. The newly released evidence talks about what was found on Thompson's phone that was recovered when he was arrested."

The link in my previous post has also been updated with many more details. It also includes mention of the parents of Ethan Crumbley who were just found guilty regarding their son's shooting.
"Search warrants list items seized from the Thompsons' home on on Sahalee Way, including 170 boxes and bags of ammunition, 45 already empty, and at least 11 weapons, including three 12 gauge shotguns, five 22 caliber rifles and two 22 calliber pistols.
The list also cites projectiles, knives, rifle magazines, shell casings and bullets."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels
Back