Identified! NC - Orange Co, WhtFem 15-25, 558UFNC, pink sweatshirt w/bunnies, Sep'90 - Lisa Coburn Kesler

The Facebook group "Jane Does and Missing 1970s-1980s" said in their most recent post that they believe they have found a photo of Lisa, but won't publish it until the admins can verify. They also said the photo of Lisa bears a remarkable resemblance to the NCMEC sketch

The Facebook group "Jane Does and Missing 1970s-1980s" said in their most recent post that they believe they have found a photo of Lisa, but won't publish it until the admins can verify. They also said the photo of Lisa bears a remarkable resemblance to the NCMEC sketch
There is a photo of her, check the comments of the post saying she's identified. It really does look like her, or dm me and ill show you the photo

Lisa Coburn Kesler - Jane Doe Identified

A digital illustration of Lisa Coburn Kesler was released by the Orange County Sheriff's Office in 2018, but she remained unidentified.
ORANGE COUNTY SHERIFF'S OFFICE - NORTH CAROLINA/ CARL KOPPLEMAN

Sheriff Blackwood concluded, “I am very happy we solved the three-plus-decades-old mystery of this young woman’s identity, and I hope it provides solace to her family members. We are grateful to the many investigators, passionate volunteers, and talented professionals who assisted with this effort. I believe we collectively demonstrated the value of dogged determination, which we will now apply to the task of identifying her killer. There is no statute of limitations on murder, and no time clock on justice.”

The body of Lisa Coburn Kesler (photo at left) alongside a composite drawing of her previously unidentified remains, has been identified in North Carolina, 33 years after she went missing.

Glad she got her name back. I was concerned she would never be identified after reading she was cremated not long after being found, but even in 1990 they knew what they were doing when it came to collecting DNA.

I am curious to see what she looked like in life.

Last edited:
f14953a1-c80c-4890-96b2-d2c5b489ba24_750x422.jpg

Anyone who remembers Kesler and has any recollection of her actions, habits, behaviors, hopes, associates, travel plans, etc. in August or September 1990 is asked to call Investigator Dylan Hendricks at the Orange County Sheriff’s Office. His number is (919) 245-2951. People can also report anonymous tips at http://www.ocsonc.com/anonymous-tip.

The body of Lisa Coburn Kesler (photo at left) alongside a composite drawing of her previously unidentified remains, has been identified in North Carolina, 33 years after she went missing.
Both of those are reconstructions. The one on the left is by NCMEC, the one on the right by @CarlK90245 . Neither is a photograph of Lisa.

Both of those are reconstructions. The one on the left is by NCMEC, the one on the right by @CarlK90245 . Neither is a photograph of Lisa.
Explains how both images appear in the same pink shirt. I'm sure that actual photographs of Lisa will be forthcoming. It is good to see that she has been identified after so many years. Had she been reported as missing, perhaps the identification would have been made sooner.

Explains how both images appear in the same pink shirt. I'm sure that actual photographs of Lisa will be forthcoming. It is good to see that she has been identified after so many years. Had she been reported as missing, perhaps the identification would have been made sooner.
I don't know about this case, but many of the historic cases I've followed and seen solved, there has been something said in the media , often by LE about 'never reported missing ' and then it comes out later that they WERE reported missing and the LE either junked the file after a little while or never investigated, or never took the report at all because they thought the victim was a runaway or they had things in their life that made them more vulnerable. I'm sure there are people who genuinely go missing and nobody notices or reports it, but by now I've learnt to ignore that phrase in press releases, because it seems to rarely be true.

MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dorsa50
Back