NC - Paitin Fields, 5, raped & murdered, Pender County, 12 Nov 2017 *ARREST in 2022*

I don’t think she was ever reported missing. She was brought into the hospital after her uncle “found her” in her room.
She was reported missing at the very beginning and then immediately "found" in her bedroom. I've always thought that he must have placed her outside somewhere and later put her in her bedroom. JMO

Friday, February 17th:
*Hearing (@ am session ET) - NC - Paitin Renee Fields (5) (Found the morning of Nov. 13, 2017, unresponsive in her own bedroom by her 19 yr. old uncle; she had been strangled & raped & died at the New Hanover Regional Medical Center on Nov. 16, 2017; she lived with her maternal grandmother) - *David Wesley Prevatte (19 @ time of crime/23/now 24) uncle arrested & charged (2/4/22) with 1st degree murder, 1st degree statutory rape & 1st degree statutory sex offense with child by adult in the case. Prevatte was taken into custody in by the Lafourche Parish Sheriff’s Office in Louisiana & is awaiting extradition. Was extradited 2/15/22 to NC. Held without bond. State will seek the DP.
Case & Court info from 3/22/19 thru 3/16/22 reference post #404 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/...nty-12-nov-2017-arrest-in-2022.357049/page-21

11/18/22 Update: Next hearing in am session for all charges on 12/14/22. 12/14/22 Update: Next hearing in an am session on 12/16/22.
12/16/22 Update: Next hearing on 1/13/23. 1/13/23 Update: Next hearing on 2/17/23 AM session.

Feb. 17, 2023
In a crowded Pender County courtroom, the 23-year-old man charged in the rape and death of his 5-year-old niece made his first appearance Thursday morning.

David Wesley Prevatte is charged with the first-degree murder and first-degree statutory rape of Paitin Fields, a Pender County 5-year-old who was slain in 2017.

Prevatte appeared before Judge Jeff Noecker and was ordered to be held without bond.
[.....]
Prevatte was named a suspect in Paitin's case in June 2018 before he was arrested and charged this month — more than four years after Paitin's death.

Well not much in the article regarding his next hearing - so...
@PromotedPawn - I will have to ask you what the court site says for his next hearing?

TIA!
 Girl Waving Hello Smiley

Friday, March 17th:
*Hearing (@ am session ET) - NC - Paitin Renee Fields (5) (Found the morning of Nov. 13, 2017, unresponsive in her own bedroom by her 19 yr. old uncle; she had been strangled & raped & died at the New Hanover Regional Medical Center on Nov. 16, 2017; she lived with her maternal grandmother) - *David Wesley Prevatte (19 @ time of crime/23/now 24) uncle arrested & charged (2/4/22) with 1st degree murder, 1st degree statutory rape & 1st degree statutory sex offense with child by adult in the case. Prevatte was taken into custody in by the Lafourche Parish Sheriff’s Office in Louisiana & is awaiting extradition. Was extradited 2/15/22 to NC. Held without bond. State will seek the DP.
Case & Court info from 3/22/19 thru 12/16/22 reference post #424 here:
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/...nty-12-nov-2017-arrest-in-2022.357049/page-22

1/13/23 Update: Next hearing on 2/17/23 AM session. 2/17/23 Update: Prevatte made his first court appearance & is charged with the 1st degree murder & 1st degree statutory rape of Paitin. Prevatte appeared before Judge Jeff Noecker & was ordered to be held without bond.
2/17/23 Update: Next hearing on 3/17/23 AM session.

@PromotedPawn - any updates yet on this case? Was this an arraignment hearing - plead not guilty? Or?? TIA!
 Girl Waving Hello Smiley
Strange but the case is not showing up on the site at this time. I can see his unrelated superior court case but I can't see the district court murder and rape charges. If you remind me tomorrow I'll happily check again. It's possible the site is doing maintenance or something? It's 4:35 am on the east coast of the US.

Strange but the case is not showing up on the site at this time. I can see his unrelated superior court case but I can't see the district court murder and rape charges. If you remind me tomorrow I'll happily check again. It's possible the site is doing maintenance or something? It's 4:35 am on the east coast of the US.

Thank you for checking! And I will remind you tomorrow - as it could be down for maintenance - which happens quite often on weekends - that I have noticed on other court sites.

Thank you for checking! And I will remind you tomorrow - as it could be down for maintenance - which happens quite often on weekends - that I have noticed on other court sites.
This is strange. Perhaps another person can try? I tried searching the case number as well, no results.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sweetkittykat
Back