GUILTY NC - PFC Kelli Bordeaux, 23, Fayetteville, 14 April 2012 - #10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Up through page 10 on thread 3 there are a few references to the 'got home safely' text in regard to the actual words used in the message that, at this point, have not been officially confirmed by anyone. No new info about text messages is revealed yet.
The date is still April 20, one week after Kelli went missing.

NH goes to jail on April 20 on charges related to his RSO status.

In thread 3, VOH910 tells us that there is a verified time-stamp on the 'home safely' text although the time nor the source is revealed.
VOH910 quotes the message as "I'm home safely". Prior the message has been quoted as "got home safely".
Not sure if that's an oversight on VOH's part or if h/she actually knows the text read 'I'm home safely' versus 'got home safely'.

Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - NC NC - Fort Bragg soldier PFC Kelli Bordeaux, 23, Fayetteville, 14 April 2012 - #3 /thread 3, post #443.

Confused about the "home safely" text.. to whom was that being sent to? Did she normal send "home safely" messages on other nights?

No further information given in Thread 3 relating to text messages. On to thread 4 ~ :coffeews:

Confused about the "home safely" text.. to whom was that being sent to? Did she normal send "home safely" messages on other nights?

I'm not sure we know for sure and that's why I'm going through the threads to gather every piece of info on text messages. When I hear additional information days or weeks apart, I can't always see the whole picture as to how the information developed. I'm trying to do that now. So far, through thread 3, there has been no official reports regarding the text messages. Just CNN said, VOH said, It's been said, etc. ~ not that there's no truth to what's been said by those sources - the info came from somewhere but, I'm trying to get to when LE discloses the verified times and other details about the text messages. I want to see how and when the info evolved.

Woe...thank you for being willing to re-read through all these threads, that is a big task and I look forward to your results.

On another note:
From August 4th...
http://fayobserver.com/articles/2012/08/03/1194895
Human remains that were found last month behind a building on Cumberland Street still have not been identified,

I would guess if this was Kelli they would likely have been able to make that ID by now.???...

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7816741&postcount=48/thread 4, #48

On April 21, this poster asks who Kelli was texting all night?
As far as I know, the focus has been on only two texts.

I'd like to know too, who Kelli was communicating with throughout the evening, what she said to whom, etc.
Was she texting only one person?
In other words, what was her frame of mind regarding her relationships and such.

Does anyone know why Kelli is not listed in namus/ does it have anything to do with her being in the military?

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7818205&postcount=146/thread 4, #146

Here is where I may have seen the actual picture/video of a lean-to behind FB. The post says it's in the video.

Now the picture is no longer in the video but the article mentions a lean-to behind the FB bar.
Some time after this peeps began referring to NH's sleep spot as a tent. Go figure.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/11209615/
Here's a direct link to the article. The older post/link just gets you to the wral news site.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7818461&postcount=172/thread 4, #172
This post says the lean-to was pictured at around 1:35 mins into the video. I watched again and now there is no such thing - no lean-to, no tent.

A point that comes up every now and then is discussed here ~

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7819445&postcount=317/thread 4, #317

Apparently, the owner of FB, SC, told a reporter that (we don't know where SC was the night of April 13) that NH drove Kelli to her apartment but returned to FB within 10 minutes.

So, either the owner flat out lied, or his patrons lied to him or NH returned to the bar within 10 mins. after driving Kelli home.

Here's a direct link to the article ~ http://articles.orlandosentinel.com...eaux-20120419_1_divers-search-person-case-bar

On April 22, poster curiousjo asks the same questions we can still ask about the two texts someone received from Kelli (or the perp).
How did the military official (unnamed) know about them and who received them? The military were the first to know there was a problem because Kelli had not shown up for work. They called her husband and spoke to him first. They were the first to speak to him.
I'm not going after him, this is just a fact.

Here's a possibility ~ On Monday Kelli's boss called her husband to inquire as to Kelli's whereabouts. If the texts were sent to Mike, then he told the military peeps that he had received the 'Got home safely' text from Kelli. If he received the text, why would it be a secret? How else would a representative from the military have that tidbit of info early in the case? If LE shared it with that person, they would not release it and remain anonymous. But if the husband had mentioned it to him, he may have just let it slip out early in the case not realizing it would pose a problem in the future. Because, if the husband received the text, he could be the one who sent it to himself using Kelli's phone (just as NH could have done). If someone knows that and was told that directly by the husband, they know, LE knows, etc. Only after the fact, did it sink in what that text might mean.

Then there's John B. who had been trying to reach Kelli since Friday when she never returned his text when she always had before.
If it was him, he wouldn't have said that he never heard back from her on Friday as he claims he did not.

Then there's whoever Kelli's brother refers to as 'Justin'? but I haven't gotten that far yet.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7819569&postcount=351/thread 4/#351

Leaving off here for now, posts are dated April 22 in middle of thread 4. Kelli had been missing for nine days.

On April 22, poster curiousjo asks the same questions we can still ask about the two texts someone received from Kelli (or the perp).
How did the military official (unnamed) know about them and who received them? The military were the first to know there was a problem because Kelli had not shown up for work. They called her husband and spoke to him first. They were the first to speak to him.
I'm not going after him, this is just a fact.

Here's a possibility ~ On Monday Kelli's boss called her husband to inquire as to Kelli's whereabouts. If the texts were sent to Mike, then he told the military peeps that he had received the 'Got home safely' text from Kelli. If he received the text, why would it be a secret? How else would a representative from the military have that tidbit of info early in the case? If LE shared it with that person, they would not release it and remain anonymous. But if the husband had mentioned it to him, he may have just let it slip out early in the case not realizing it would pose a problem in the future. Because, if the husband received the text, he could be the one who sent it to himself using Kelli's phone (just as NH could have done). If someone knows that and was told that directly by the husband, they know, LE knows, etc. Only after the fact, did it sink in what that text might mean.

Then there's John B. who had been trying to reach Kelli since Friday when she never returned his text when she always had before.
If it was him, he wouldn't have said that he never heard back from her on Friday as he claims he did not.

Then there's whoever Kelli's brother refers to as 'Justin'? but I haven't gotten that far yet.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7819569&postcount=351/thread 4/#351

Leaving off here for now, posts are dated April 22 in middle of thread 4. Kelli had been missing for nine days.

Mucho thanks for all this time-consuming research! Please correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought MB said he last spoke with her at 3:00 Friday afternoon.

Hello, I wouldn't normally do this but I feel awful about people desperately searching past threads. This is only information that was released to the public, I just don't like bugging them about cases. I was going to copy and paste the actual conversation but the Yahoo Messenger isn't letting me go that far back. Here are the gist of things-

-LE did release info regarding TWO text messages, one saying "driving" and the other saying "got home safe" (or similar, sorry typing this off the top of my head)
-My "person" was not aware of any other texts that had been released
-The unidentified body remains such due to the huge backlog of cases- Fayetteville unfortunately has a has crime rate
-If there is no tissue on the remains, bone marrow comparison is necessary- this can take up to a year depending on other cases
-Dental records can be used to ID a body, but only if you have RECENT dental records to compare it to.
-Dental records can only be used if there is a full set, and its not good enough to be "pretty similar". It HAS to be 100% conclusive.
-They have not released anything regarding the state of the remains found on Cumberland, including whether or not they were a recent drop off, been there a while, got dragged there by animals, etc
-Unidentified remains cannot be released to anybody- I asked if maybe the family could pay for a private lab to do expedited bone marrow testing.

Basically what it comes down to is they need 100% certainty in identifying the remains. If there are any teeth missing or if they do not have recent/reliable dental records they cannot make a positive ID. Also, dental records are more useful as the uniqueness/variations increase. Somebody with missing teeth, caps, crooked teeth, etc have more points of comparison. Somebody with great dental hygiene doesn't have a lot that stands out.

In terms of DNA, they cant just push this case to the top of the line because the media has jumped on it. There are times when this is done for a good reason. If they don't have something that is leading them to believe she is still alive somewhere, maybe being held captive, they aren't going to be able to make the process any faster. I don't know the area too well, but I have a feeling there may be wild animal activity that has complicated things. Maybe there was some scattering of bones so they don't have a full dental record to compare. It is also possible that there was some type of correlation seen but they need to wait for confirmation from the bone marrow- they definitely wouldn't expedite the process if they have a feeling its already too late.

Chellebelle71...Thank you for joining and posting and a big
:welcome:

I remember that Kelli studied dental hygiene at Valencia Community College. She had a beautiful smile, with seemingly perfect teeth...which from your post I realize could be a hinderance in the ID of her remains. It sounds like we can not be certain the remains found were not hers, and it sounds like we may not know for quite some time.
I assume the "possible correlation" you speak of with the remains would be clothing or possibly the ID that was supposedly found with the remains? But even if that were the case, I am sure (from other cases) that LE needs to have 100% scientific proof if they are going to make a positive ID of a loved ones remains.
Thank you, again, your post was very informative!

Hi Chelle,

Thank you for your list. Very interesting. I knew IDing a body would take time but I didn't realize it could be up to a year, depending. Of course there's a backlog in the M.E.'s office, that's a great reminder.

And you're right that it's crucial they find out 100% who it is. The "CSI-effect" where there's an expectation that cases should be solved in an hour or, at most, a few days, is sadly not real world.

Keep sharing what you can!

So happy to see Kelli's story is still getting activity here. Thanks all for posting thoughts and information. Hoping this gets solved :please:

Thanks for the kind words!

By correlation I was referring to similarities in the dental record, estimated age of the bones, estimated TOD, etc. I haven't put much thought into the clothing they may or may not have found with the remains. They know exactly what she was wearing so if it was there, that would have been crucial evidence.

Yes, she appears to have a very beautiful smile, unfortunately that is not the best thing when it comes to IDs based on dental records. She hasn't been in the military for all that long so I am willing to bet her most recent dental xrays are from around the time she enlisted. I hate saying this but if they do see these correlations in the bones,the sense of urgency associated with processing the bone marrow may diminish as other homicide cases pile up.

This is all just speculation and I cannot stress enough how happy I would be if I were proven wrong!

The thing that bugs me, and that my friend was not able to elaborate on, is how a body has been sitting around Since April without anybody noticing?? If it is out in the woods I understand, but weren't they behind an active medical building? You would think the smell or insect activity at the least would raise some flags. And if it was recently dropped off, why would they chose a public area when they could have gone into the woods? The other option I see, like I mentioned before, is animal activity. I'm just not so sure about some animal dragging a corpse towards human activity, but that would explain the difficulty in the ID.

welcome chellebelle71 :cheer:

And thank you Woe for all your hard work going back thru the multiple threads we have for Kelli.

I cannot believe we have heard nothing :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members