GUILTY NC - PFC Kelli Bordeaux, 23, Fayetteville, 14 April 2012 - #11

I just found out the news. Yes, we all knew but really never want to face such a tragedy. I am glad though she was found and the family can now move on and deal with what is ahead.

I also want to thank Kelli for her service to our country. She was/is a wonderful person.

Rest in Peace Kelli.

My thoughts and Prayers are with her family and riends.

God bless

Goz

I am so sad to awaken to this news...yet at the same time I am glad she has been located.
I felt so close to Kelli...I think it was because of her smile.

Thoughts and prayers to her family and loved ones.

Poor Kelli...

Nick led a PI to the body location. The PI started working with Dr Maurice Godwin and another searcher about six months ago. The PI had interviewed Nick alot

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

This is incredible. That is one talented PI!

Sundrop...I have always wondered exactly how you are connected to the case? But you don't have to divulge...I just want to thank you for always being there for Kelli.

RIP Kelli. Peace to her family who can now put her to rest peacefully at a place they can come and mourn her loss at such a young age.

I'm overjoyed that Holbert finally gave up her body. I have a feeling it wasn't something he decided to do, but opened his big mouth in front of the wrong person.

Kelli's website has been up dated and will explain a little about the situation.

www.findkelli.com

This is incredible. That is one talented PI!

Sundrop...I have always wondered exactly how you are connected to the case? But you don't have to divulge...I just want to thank you for always being there for Kelli.

It's likely her remains never would have been found with the amount of thick forest/woods in and around that area. She was so close, really, but searchers never looked in that area. Even if they had, she could have been missed.

There were all kinds of theories the first year she was gone -- one had her going AWOL from the army, running away and hiding out in a cave somewhere (I guess Bin Laden style). Or hiding somewhere on a beach sipping cocktails.

Several theories had her husband sneaking into town from FL, somehow without being detected through a cell phone, and "following" her and Nick Holbert from the bar, where he just so happened to snatch her right off the street at the moment when Nick dropped her off 1/4 mi from her apt. Why that seemed more likely than the RSO who had a bizarre story that made no sense being the perp is anyone's guess.

LE said from the beginning that Holbert was their POI, but I guess they weren't believed. The probable was often discarded in favor of the bizarre. And somewhere along the course of the first year, Holbert was imagined by some to be a misunderstood young man whose violent sex offense against a 5 yr old when Holbert was 16, was just an indiscretion that shouldn't count and Holbert was being setup to take the fall for Kelli's disappearance. This particular theory had KB's husband coming to town and somehow doing the deed and setting up the RSO (who the husband never met or knew). Ridiculous.

Horses vs Zebras.

Yep, Maddie, you said it!! -- I think all of us initially tried to think of the disappearance according to the usual Who, What, When, Where and How; and went through the Motive, Means and Opportunity.

We just couldn't get away from NH, could we?! I think we threw into this the "give the benefit of the doubt" part as well, but we just kept coming back to Nick. Running in a circle, we were. Some of us, anyway. Most of us, IMO.

• He was there at FB bar when she was that night

• He was a "normal" red-blooded guy WRT her being attractive and noticeable in the small bar
  • She was friendly and upbeat from all we could gather from reports of folks in the bar
  • She was seen leaving the bar with him
  • He said he gave her a ride home
  • He had a record as a RSO -- yes some years back, but....
  • He slept outside, behind the bar in a tent/lean-to set-up, so he was in the area and prolly was somewhat familiar with it
  • Her message to her husband or some family member (I'm foggy on that at this moment) that night saying she got home okay -- was TEXTED on her phone
  • Her apt looked undisturbed and showed no signs of an intruder
  • No one in the complex saw or heard anything suggesting someone in trouble
So yes, Maddie, we looked for horses, not zebras, just as you said, and the horse's name was Holbert.

I am so glad that Kelli's body has been found, this has weighed heavy on my heart! Last month when we were at our son's apartment by FB, I had the dog outside in the dark and right by the woods she picked up a bone.....my first thought in the dark was please don't let this be Kelli! I dug the bone out of the dogs mouth to see what it was, in the light I could tell it was animal, probably a streak bone another dog tried to hide! It saddened me that my first thought was poor Kelli!

Wow. What unbelievably sad news but at least some answers are given. Thoughts and prayers go out to her friends and family. RIP Kelli.

Just a few initial reactions. LE has to have more than we know. If he beat her in the parking lot and behind the bar, surely there was blood or other evidence they found that we simply don't know about. Also wouldn't be surprised if there was evidence found in his car that we aren't aware of. VOH, don't feel compelled to answer, but I'd be lying if I didn't say I was curious to know if you were aware of a confrontation going on outside the bar. Also curious if, looking back, there were any signs of things being strained inside the bar.

As for the talk about the husband, I get why people would go there initially. It would be negligent for LE to not "look" there right off the bat. What is a shame is not that the husband was looked at initially, it is that even after it became apparent that NH was in LE's sights, pretty large assumptions of facts that weren't established were made in order to make the theory fit the facts instead of letting the facts dictate the theory. Having said that, it is what it is and the main thing is Kelli has been found and a suspect arrested.

My gut tells me he probably made some sexual advance on Kelli as they were leaving and she shot him down. He probably watched her all night and got himself worked up and believing that since he brought her, he was "entitled" to it. How dare she turn me down now. From the sounds of it they probably struggled there and the more she fought, the more he lost control, punching her unconscious and ultimately killing her. Also, didn't I read that he took her behind the bar where he continued to beat her? My guess is, he probably intended on taking her back to his little shanty thing back there and in his mind have sex with her, in reality, rape her there.

I am very curious as to what got him to talk after all this time.

Many thanks go out to the investigator and the searchers that continued to devote so much of their time and energy on Kelli.

As for NH...I got nothing to say that wouldn't find me in time out.

Well, it's past 2:30 & I haven't found a thing on WRAL w/r/t the arraignment. Maybe it was delayed or not allowed or so quick, I missed it. Will keep trying...

ETA - found this, I guess it's late??
http://www.wral.com/bordeaux-murder-suspect-set-to-make-court-appearance/13648334/

ETA: He did make an appearance -- the article above has been updated. Bond amount established on kidnapping; no bond on M1 charge.

My heart jumped in my throat when I saw a news release yesterday stating Kelli had been found. I am so glad she can be put to rest. On to justice for her killer!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I don't know if this has been updated but yesterday the private investigator would not say who had hired him. Anybody know at this time?

To update..just pulled up the information on WRAL.....private investigators were "never officially hired" but worked on the case for 22 months. Still wondering who put them on the case,
The Army, her family?

Thankfully they stuck on the search.

Do we know if any body witnessed the fight in the parking lot?

Reedus23.... I only wish. We couldn't hear or see anything. It's something to know we were right on the other side of a concrete wall.

Kelli didn't seem uncomfortable but she wasn't only hanging out with Nick. She was socializing. It wasn't like they were on a date. It was like friends hanging out.

I told you guys I'd eventually answer some questions like no... NH never came back to the bar. He told LE he did and even asked some of the employees to lie for him. They didn't. He was talkative the next day though.

I saw the headline earlier today. I'm astonished. Thank goodness they found her. RIP, KELLI.

Reedus23.... I only wish. We couldn't hear or see anything. It's something to know we were right on the other side of a concrete wall.

Kelli didn't seem uncomfortable but she wasn't only hanging out with Nick. She was socializing. It wasn't like they were on a date. It was like friends hanging out.

I told you guys I'd eventually answer some questions like no... NH never came back to the bar. He told LE he did and even asked some of the employees to lie for him. They didn't. He was talkative the next day though.

Thanks VOH. I suspect that's also why he took her behind the bar to avoid someone walking out and seeing them. I knew they weren't on a date but I was just wondering if anyone noticed maybe NH giving her more attention than maybe she wanted and she was having to try to duck and dive to avoid him during the course of the night.

Would love to know if there is anything else you could share, though maybe it's still best left unsaid until someone is behind bars for good.

If Texas EquuSearch had been brought in immediately, do you think Kelli would have been found much sooner?

Hmmm, EA18G, good question!!

And, one more thang:

:wagon:

EA18G

Glad you're here!!

:thewave:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics