Found Deceased NC - Raul Johnson, 4, Laurinburg, 24 January 2018

Ugh that’s an awful thought to wonder if that indeed is what happened to this lil guy [emoji22]

But thank you so much for explaining it... it makes sense now why they are still searching the pond.

Praying for good news.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know. So tragic & preventable (if this is the case). This didn't have to happen. 😞

I hope they keep searching and beyond the original area! Remember little Noah Chamberlin was found just outside the search area? So what have the overnight low temps been like there? Could he still be alive, if lost?

Crews drain pond as search for Scotland County 4-year-old enters third day
Posted 12:55 p.m. today
Updated 3 minutes ago
http://www.wral.com/crews-drain-pon...-county-4-year-old-enters-third-day/17291880/
(very paraphrased)
Bryan Mims reports 48 hours on, Sheriff plans a PC at 5 pm. What happened, missing, abducted, not known. No news of what was found in the pond. 300 involved Investigative and search 2 miles area around home.

Can someone explain the North Carolina Amber Alerts. I know different states have different criteria. How do they list an Amber Alert without at least having a car description or idea who might have taken him?

I saw this case on the header earlier and have just caught up. Poor little boy, I can’t imagine this will end well although I’ve hoped more that I was wrong.

It reminds me of a case in the UK four years ago about a little boy who had ‘wandered off’ but the reality when his body was found was very different. I had just had my baby boy and remember watching the 24 hour news coverage of the search in the middle of the night for hours. Sadly, this case has a similar feel in my opinion.

[video=youtube;y7vmL9ETgQc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7vmL9ETgQc[/video]

Sheriff movingly echos hope and commitment that little Raul will be found alive.

"They do not believe the boy was taken."

I just want to scream Don't Give Up!!

@Elainera (sorry I forgot to reply with quote)
It is currently 57 degrees here, and has been quite pleasant throughout the day. It's been in the lower 50's to upper 60's all week. It is quite cool at night (30's) but I don't think it's been cold enough to freeze.

Thank you! I appreciate your reply.

Just some local clarification: most Locklears are Lumbee. Locally, ppl refer to themselves usually as “Indian,” even though other places use the modern term “Native American.” A common Lumbee shirt is FBI on the front and “Full Blooded Indian” on the back. Many families are multi-ethnic, but retain strong native identity. (I’ve lived on the SC side for 19 years.)

Once a person drowns, the body starts to sink as the air in the lungs is replaced by water. The body remains submerged until the bacteria in the gut & chest cavity release enough gases for it to float to the surface like a balloon. It could take days to weeks depending on different factors.

Yes that's right. And in the cold water the process can take longer.

How many of the 8 kids live at home?

From the profile of the oldest child who was posting on the Sheriff Dept’s FB post about mom’s charges, she seems to be in middle or high school. So I assume all of them unless some live with fathers or something.

Food and drink donations are needed for deputies, first responders and volunteers searching for four-year-old Raul Johnson.
Your asked to bring the donations by the Stewartsville fire station off of Highway 501 near Pea Bridge Road in Laurinburg.

:bump:

Catching up... Thank you, all, for sharing your thoughts and concern for little Raul. Good to see you on the thread!

Just some local clarification: most Locklears are Lumbee. Locally, ppl refer to themselves usually as “Indian,” even though other places use the modern term “Native American.” A common Lumbee shirt is FBI on the front and “Full Blooded Indian” on the back. Many families are multi-ethnic, but retain strong native identity. (I’ve lived on the SC side for 19 years.)
Great to know. Thank you, reasonbleguess, for sharing your area knowledge.

From the profile of the oldest child who was posting on the Sheriff Dept’s FB post about mom’s charges, she seems to be in middle or high school. So I assume all of them unless some live with fathers or something.

That's a lot of people under one roof...regardless of the home size. And then more "unrelated" people living there? Whoa.

Four is such a hard hard year to parent even under the best circumstances. They don't (lovingly) label them the F*ing fours for nothing. They have finally made it through the toddler years, and they are (too) independent, (too) smart, (too) selfish, (too) stubborn, they are still unknowingly trying to off themselves in every way possible - only now in very creative ways. They are finally starting to identify themselves as individuals. And despite all that, they actually are somehow being very empathetic, loving, sweet, and adorable. It's a WILD ride.

This child was not going through it in the best of circumstances. I just want him found and safe. I am worried.

At this point we're past the 48 hour time line and that makes me nervous and sad. I don't want to give up hope for his safe return but admittedly my hope is beginning to dwindle as I read all the reports/ links you all have posted.
It makes me want to get in the car and go to the area and at least hand out water and sandwiches to those volunteering.
Please Raul, come home safe. I am wishing it for ya.
:please:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard
Back