GUILTY NC - Sandy Reidel, 29, manager, killed in Applebees robbery, 15 June 2009

That is odd. Could it be from the boy himself?

That is odd. Could it be from the boy himself?

That or one of his employees/coworkers.

ETA: BTW, I can appreciate the author's opinion and welcome the clarification about the coffee. It doesn't change the fact though that the last person to see a victim alive is always high on LE's suspect list. Also, if you remove robbery from the situation, then it points to a personal motive and away from a random stranger crime.

I would take Logan's at their word. The newspaper is reporting "Coworkers said Riedel was a popular, hardworking employee, and that she was last seen alive around 6:30 a.m. by her boyfriend, also a restaurant manager, when he brought her a cup of coffee."
How in the world would her coworkers know if the boyfriend brought her coffee? I would presume if anyone was around to know that, they would be an eyewitness to the murder. Just sayin.

Wow, so robbery was a motive. Sounds like they had some film of him to me.

The information about the BF bringing her a cup of coffee was written in articles in the news. No one at Websleuths made it up ! So whoever sent the email from Logan's is wrong.

The main thing is: I'm glad they made an arrest. I wonder if the motive really was robbery or if possibly Ms. Reidel had rebuffed this person's advances--or had something to do with him not being employed there any more? Not blaming the victim--just wondering. She might have had to report him for something; maybe he was stealing from the cash register when he worked there.

BREAKING NEWS:
FORMER EMPLOYEE ARRESTED

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/5383862/

...Police said they had arrested Joshua Lindell Rouse, 22, of Roanoke Rpaids, in the shooting death of Sandy Denise Riedel, 29.

Bolded by me respectfully:

Evidence at the scene indicated a robbery took place, but police said they had not determined a motive.

I've seen this happen before (twice) but the managers weren't shot.

...Riedel was last seen alive about an hour earlier when her boyfriend, also a restaurant manager, brought her a cup of coffee, authorities said.

While I understand that many times our speculations about a case can be read by those directly involved and may cause undue pain and anguish to them.

Members of WS is very careful not to misstate facts unless they can be supported by trusted media source links.

In my humble opinion if authorities have and are continuing to report that her BF brought a cup of coffee to her at work. Then I'm going to trust what authorities are saying. (not directed at members here but rather our guests that have a problem with facts being asserted that can be supported as statements made by authorities).

Until that changes, he brought her a cup o' coffee in my opinion. Just my humble opinion. If the BF should request an apology for any statements that I may have made, I will gladly extend sincere apologies. However, I am not going to address a self appointed go between who feels the need to chastise anonymously. Again Just my most humble opinion.

I've seen this happen before (twice) but the managers weren't shot.

While I understand that many times our speculations about a case can be read by those directly involved and may cause undue pain and anguish to them.

Members of WS is very careful not to misstate facts unless they can be supported by trusted media source links.

In my humble opinion if authorities have and are continuing to report that her BF brought a cup of coffee to her at work. Then I'm going to trust what authorities are saying. (not directed at members here but rather our guests that have a problem with facts being asserted that can be supported as statements made by authorities).

Until that changes, he brought her a cup o' coffee in my opinion. Just my humble opinion. If the BF should request an apology for any statements that I may have made, I will gladly extend sincere apologies. However, I am not going to address a self appointed go between who feels the need to chastise anonymously. Again Just my most humble opinion.

Bolded by me.
Logan's should be going after the media for reporting it if it is false, not us at Websleuths.

Dang, did you see the guys violations while in there :eek: , he didn't exactly just sit there and do his time. 5+ incarcerated, so he was just around 17 when he went in. Doesn't sound like the rebuff scenario, just sounds like a rough dude.

I echo . nice.

ETA: I am sure you all know I meant, NOT AT ALL NICE

Dang, did you see the guys violations while in there :eek: , he didn't exactly just sit there and do his time. 5+ incarcerated, so he was just around 17 when he went in. Doesn't sound like the rebuff scenario, just sounds like a rough dude.

You're right--I guess it's not the rebuff scenario I thought it might be. He's a mean-looking creep!

Since the article said that he was employed there at the time of the murder and there was no forced entry, I wonder if it was him that called in the homicide?

Swansboro NC I wonder why restaurants allow any employee to work alone at any time. I work for the Federal Govt and they can't even work an employee overtime anywhere in the building unless there is at least one other employee working within shouting distance. This is simply for safety purposes! I also can't imagine why an organization as large as Applebee's isn't getting background checks on any person they hire before they put them to work. A background check can be had in 2 minutes for $9.95 on the net. Interested in everyone's thoughts on this.

LucyLou ITA. I can't imagine why they don't do background checks. Or if they did why he was hired. Horrible. Applebees should be ashamed either way.

PS: welcome to WS!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back