NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 #12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Heck, she was downright composed wasnt she?

It's like she planned out what to say and she said the door was locked but that SD knew how to open the lock and then the operator asked if it was unlocked she said no made no sense at all.

Presser Rescheduled to tomorrow morning

Two press releases today from Fayetteville PD. Here's the second one:

http://police.ci.fayetteville.nc.us/pressreleases.aspx?do=display&id=1117200915852

Due to new information received in the investigation of Shaniya Davis, the Fayetteville Police Department has re-scheduled this afternoon’s media briefing to tomorrow morning, Wednesday, November 18th, 2009 at 10:00 a.m. The briefing will be conducted in front of the police department.

Earlier press release today:

http://police.ci.fayetteville.nc.us/pressreleases.aspx?do=display&id=11172009105758

Link for all Fayetteville PD press releases:

http://police.ci.fayetteville.nc.us/pressreleases.aspx

I guess it's safe to assume that LE receiving new information is a blessing, the faster they can find these guilty the better!

How do we know Coe has HIV? I hadn't heard this before.

One patient who has had to wait is Clarence Coe, 24, a Fayetteville, N.C., construction worker who had to forgo his treatment on another AIDS drug combination for more than two months. He started getting treatment while in prison, where people receive free health care. But after his release, couldn't afford to continue it. He didn't have health insurance and the state wasn't taking new patients in its AIDS Drug Assistance Program, so it put him on a waiting list. Mr. Coe says he took multivitamin pills and cut down on fatty food while waiting for the antiretroviral medicines. "I can't afford to stress my immune system any more than I need to," he says.
http://www.aegis.com/news/wsj/2004/WJ040103.html

Presser Rescheduled to tomorrow morning

Two press releases today from Fayetteville PD. Here's the second one:

http://police.ci.fayetteville.nc.us/pressreleases.aspx?do=display&id=1117200915852

[I]Due to new information received in the investigation of Shaniya Davis, the Fayetteville Police Department has re-scheduled this afternoon’s media briefing to tomorrow morning, Wednesday, November 18th, 2009 at 10:00 a.m. The briefing will be conducted in front of the police department. [/I]

Earlier press release today:

http://police.ci.fayetteville.nc.us/pressreleases.aspx?do=display&id=11172009105758

Link for all Fayetteville PD press releases:

http://police.ci.fayetteville.nc.us/pressreleases.aspx

Bolded by me NEW information.............(more people)???

I just posted this on the other thread but then it closed right under my post....so I'm reposting here :)

Well I'm sure they had to wait until they had a positive ID on her in order to file murder charges. So now we can expect to see that happen any time. But will it be MAM, or he and AD, or could there still be someone else that the police have not let slip yet? If that information about where her body was came from MAM then probably not....but we don't know WHO it actually came from. Was the 60 y/o man a red herring or does he exist?

I just can't get past the fact that MAM took her to a motel at all. This is what boggles my mind, unless there was another party involved. And I don't believe he checked in to the motel. It seems to me if he had checked IN, they would be saying he checked IN at so and so time and they'd have pictures at the front desk, etc. Intead, all they have is video of him carrying her in and out, and the information that they were "spotted" there. So to me that indicates he came into the motel and headed straight for the elevator to a room that was already waiting. So SOMEONE else is involved...who rented that room?

And I've said this before but again, if it were just MAM she was 'sold' to and didn't go any farther up than him, why on EARTH bother with a MOTEL, which costs money and also carries the risk of being discovered. If it was a matter of just him 'buying' her for his OWN use (sheesh....puking to even write that) surely he'd have gone somewhere like out in the woods or to an abandoned building or something and been done w/ it.

Truly, everything smells like there really IS at least one other person involved with this.

Thank you for bringing this forward Mommy2Sarah. I was trying to quote you and respond when the other thread was closed.

I bolded the portion I wanted to respond to respectfully, I hope you don't mind.

In my post on the last thread I gave some thoughts I had on that:
[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4446792&postcount=581"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased NC-Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 #11[/ame]

Your post gives me the opportunity to clarify what I was trying to say.

When the murder charges are brought forth it will be for both MAM and AD. If they are not both charged I will be floored.

The reason being is that both have already been charged with at least one felony. Both of those charges appear to be directly linked to Shaniya.

MAM has been charged with a felony (kidnapping). Shaniya's death would not have happened if he had not commited that felony and her murder during or as a result of that felony means her murder can be brought before the court as a charge of felony murder.

AD has been charged with felony child abuse. Shaniya's death would not have happened if she had not commited that felony. As a result, Shaniya's murder could be brought before the court as a felony murder. It doesn't matter if she was the one that dealt the final act that murdered Shaniya.

Shaniya's murder was commited during/or as a result of those felonies. IMHO and my uneducated interpretation of the laws of that state. Both can be charged with Shaniya's murder. It doesn't have to be one or the other.

As far as anyone else being involved, I'll have to wait and see what LE says or what the autopsy reveals. I just don't know at this point in time.

I hope I have made sense of what I'm trying to say...for some reason I'm having a hard time getting it from my head through my fingers today!

can anyone take a stab at why the presser was delayed until tomorrow because of new information in the investigation???

doesn't "new information" usually get a presser?

Or is it perhaps information/evidence gleaned from autopsy?

When the thread gets long and you get behind here is a tip
Go to "thread tools" It is at the top of this "blue box" we're reading in
click on it
click on "printable version"
then click on 1,000 posts
you can read faster and get caught up easier, I've found
Just a tip another WSer showed me when the thread moves too fast, or you have been at work and cant read all day LOL

AWSOME TIP - Thank you :blowkiss: I had to save it.
it is now 2:30 I am still in a bath robe.
this case really go to me.

Don't know if this has been posted yet but it answers some questions as to who will be prosecuting this case...

No decision has been made as to who will investigate the child's death, the release said.

Jurisdiction is determined by the location where the crime is committed, the release said.

That could put the death investigation into the hands of the Lee County Sheriff's Office or the Sanford Police Department.

But a source at the Lee County Sheriff's Office said today that Fayetteville will be handling the case.

The case can be considered a continuous series of acts that originated in Fayetteville, giving the Police Department jurisdiction.

http://www.fayobserver.com/Articles/2009/11/17/952898

I hope the SBI gets it because it crosses county lines. That area (not saying Fayetteville or Sanford in particular, but other offices in that area) has had issues with police forces, and honestly, I think they need someone who does this more often to do it.

milliac said:
Ohhhh man...I am still trying to catch up this morning, so sorry if someone already got to this. I posted this back on #9:

Not sure if you all caught this one yet:

Police were also chasing an unconfirmed tip that Shaniya was seen with a man driving a blue or smoky gray 1995 Toyota.

Thank you friend... I could not locate the reference to Toyota (or the man) in either the article or video (audio of 911). Can you help, I really want to find more re this :confused:

I thought I'd read AD worked a double shift (presumably at the Carolina assisted living job) :waitasec: but in this same article ADs aunt claims AD had two jobs... so which is it... maybe she meant assisted living day job, and pimping out her daughter at night :furious:

"I don't believe she could hurt her children," said Brenda Davis, who spoke with her sister at the jail Sunday. Davis' aunt, Yvonne Mitchell, said the mother had two jobs and would never harm the child.

http://www.myfox8.com/wghp-missing-girl-body-vigil-091117,0,1999369.story

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=4446785&postcount=578"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - Found Deceased NC-Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 #11[/ame]

Did anyone else notice AD was trying really hard to pin Shaniya being gone on Shaniya?
"She can unlock the door herself"
She must have said it 3 times at least
Was the lock turned you dumb cow?

songline, are you thinking AD may be innocent, or might not have been aware of the true nature of the situation?

Look at how this case has gone so far, LE letting everything since the arrest of McNeil hit the media before they talk about it? Based on preliminary labs and a homicide ruling on manner of death, there will either be new arrests or charges tonight. They'll announce it tomorrow.

Bolded by me NEW information.............(more people)???

Would NOT surprise me an iota. Does anyone know how quickly they would be able to get DNA testing back on any body fluids they find inside little one's body? They will know if it is or isn't MAM's (since they likely have already taken his) but if it isn't, it would have to match up with someone already in a database to figure out who it is...if it isn't in a database they won't know whose it is. OH...UNLESS they already have someone else under suspicion that they haven't let out info about (whether it is a 60 y/o toyota man or someone else totally)...whose DNA they could then get and test..?!

can anyone take a stab at why the presser was delayed until tomorrow because of new information in the investigation???

I think the new information is either coming from the ME or from their reliable source...maybe they found the 60 year old man that they said to be on the look out for.
Nothing at this point would surprise me from this case...by far this case has been the only to drain my soul more than any other. I dont know why...

I'm hoping they are matching some type of DNA evidence. I'm praying they are SUPER careful in investigating and prosecuting this case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg