NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does the general area even matter?
Really, genuine question.
I live in the murder capitol of MI, me and 660 registered SO's in the city limits.

This has no bearing on her ability to parent. Evil is evil, even if it lives in a mansion.

I can see digging into dad, but for things that matter.

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but does anyone know where BL's parents are?

Thus far, no one has ANY clue whether it will be in Cumberland or Lee County. As far as having the best prosecutor, I can't remember Lee County ever having dealt with anything close to this type of magnitude. However, with Cumberland being a much larger/populated county and Fayetteville itself being a MUCH larger city than Sanford, my guess is Cumberland would have the better prosecutor. Again, absolute speculation on my part. My only hope is that all parties fry. Unfortunately, NC only has the needle....

If anyone has any specific questions about the area, I'd be glad to answer. As far as the area she was found, when I first moved to Sanford, I lived in the gated community near the location of the body. In fact, my house would have been less than a half-mile on the other side of Highway 87. It IS a very out of the way location. Granted, they haven't said if he has any connection to the area - whether that be personal familiarity, family, friend, etc. - but it could very well be absolute coincidence if MAM did leave her there. Quite literally you pass the entrance to the gated community and the next road just a few hundred feet up to your right is Walker Road and to be honest, I always thought it was a dead end road because it appears to go up into the woods. So if someone is driving along the road looking for a remote area off the beaten path, you might be inclined to turn there and was dumb luck she was left near the trash/deer carcasses. What I wonder about is when the time would have been when she was left there. Even though it's off the main road, there are still homes on that road. I certainly wouldn't want to carry a body into the woods in broad daylight.

and headlights would show at night........dark here in PA by 5:30pm now.
Someone would have to carry a flashlight.
And she was carried there and branches on top of her IIRC.
That would mean 'placed' and not dumped and rolled over a hill.
Wonder if there is a house nearby that revine that saw him (them) dumping someone other than a deer???
since witness about deer and trash???
or a passing car??? the 60 year old they were looking for???

really...why are you so concerned?? I think this is just unreal that a little girl could have her whole world changed so quickly...to go from princess to abused remains...in a matter of weeks...
while people who loved her were ok on the other side of town

Here's the thing. I try not to be blunt, but I do try to be honest. Sometimes that makes people who trend more PC to get grumpy, LOL.

Shaniya, up until recently, seemed fine. Good environment as far as we know, people that loved her, pretty clothes, a joy at school, etc, etc.

We know she went to a bad place. Is that in dispute for anyone? I wouldn't think so. Sounds like there were signs of abuse. Feces in the trailer. Shaniya wandering around unattended. Felons galore, apparently. I absolutely refuse to believe that he dropped her off without knowing the situation into which he was dropping her. Not the prostitution, but it seems beyond obvious that he knew she had major problems. I think he second-guesses himself even now, and that's why he refuses to talk about it.

The part that bothers me most about this whole thing is the bolded section of your post. They were basically across town! Not in another state. This wasn't a Riley thing--Ohio to Texas, etc, and it's compounded by the fact that BL was a biological parent. It makes me ill that no one drove down there. And didn't Shaniya ask them to at one point? I read that in a post somewhere and it just hurts me.

My point is, it's not bashing to say this could have been prevented. It's realistic. And if that offends someone on behalf of BL, I'm truly sorry, but these things are just going to continue happening if we're too circumspect about that truth. We need to beat accountability into people. Maybe this story will change the mind of one parent thinking of putting their child in a home where the other parent might not be fit. And that will be a win.

Thanks. I wondered if that might have something to do with it. Meeting someone else, I mean. Sorry to say, sometimes things go bad when there's a change in relationships, whether it hurts the person's ability to parent time-wise or the new person just isn't in to kids, etc.

I guess I just don't get it as to why this matters. Why so much emphasis on the father of this child? It's as NG said last night on her show, yes, it's true, if he had not let her go there, she would probably still be alive but....he is not the person that destroyed this child. The 2 people behind bars right now are, so far as we know. BL didn't intentionally harm his daughter. The other 2 's did! His reasons for letting Shaniya go there have already been stated. His admission that it was a mistake has already been stated. I guess I just don't see anything constructive coming out of picking apart the whys and what fors of his decision. He's stated in the last presser that he was not aware of what she had gone into and would have appreciated a call from DCF since there was already an investigation on Antoinette and her 7 yr. old boy but that didn't happen.

There were a lot of circumstances that could have and should have been different to prevent the eventual tragedy that has taken place here and ALL of them failed. ALL of them. The way I see it, everyone had a part in that failure. From Dad, to the Aunt, the landlord of that MH, the manager of the park, the neighbors, the Board of Health, DCF, Antoinette, school officials, the perp or perps, etc., etc. And out of that whole mess, there were only 2 that did deliberate damage to this child, her mother and the perp(s). That was intentional!

Let me just add something, for what it is worth, about the father's accent/tone of voice.

I worked at a large company right out of college. I sat on the other side of a cubicle wall from a young guy who was African American. I am not. I asked him one day why his voice would change on different calls. Sometimes he sounded almost "over" enunciated (which is how he normally spoke) and others he had a bit of "slang" to his voice. If that makes sense. He told me he did this on purpose. Because he knew speaking to certain people he needed a certain "voice" while others he would remain in his well enunciated "normal" voice. Basically if he was on with an African American he would turn that voice on, and everyone else got his "you can't tell what race I am" voice.

I don't ever remember doing this myself, but I do know that if I am around people I do pick up on their slang. I honestly think the father may be more of a "southern/african american/slang" type speaker. But in front of the press he is using his "other" voice. If that makes sense. I think with the folks he was closest to being African American and listening to his daughter the voice at the vigil may be more of his "normal" voice than what we are hearing at the presser.

And for my point, I don't honestly think it has much to do with the overall case. He, like my friend, just knows in certain instances you need to turn on a different voice to get your point across.

I am sure we all do this to some degree, but I really appreciated when my co-worker was honest enough to tell me why he did it. He was a great guy and I never thought his doing it was odd after he explained it.

Well I asked that last night and I must have missed your answer.

The link has not been located yet to verify that it is Carey's daughter. This is the problem we are having as some things posted yesterday came from a news website blog, so a link really needs to be found for sure.

I'm waiting myself to get this verified with a link. :crazy:

I am boggled by one little fact thing. It's eating me alive.
If they have video footage of the male figure dumping the blanket, then they must have video of someone leaving the park with Shaniya. So if they have footage, how did they ever buy the story about Coe? If the footage is too bad to determine Coe from McNeill, how can they state with such certainty that it was McNeill that picked her up?

When things like this become important to me, it's time for me to go to bed.

WoW, I must have missed that.... who said they are certain it was Mcneill that picked her up? Do you have a link to it please?

Maybe A said Coe had something to do with it to give Mcneill more time, so they arrested him. I read that Coe was arrested after a witness saw him driving out of the park, but then was released when Mcneill gave himself up. Maybe they didnt view the surveilence tapes until after this had happened :waitasec:, or like you said maybe the footage was too bad to identify anyone positively. Wonder who the witness was, and how they got confused.

SORRY!!!!!! found the link myself whilst wading through all these posts. :)

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/video?id=7121396

Mcneill Admitted to taking her from the mobile home park

How does the general area even matter?
Really, genuine question.
I live in the murder capitol of MI, me and 660 registered SO's in the city limits.

This has no bearing on her ability to parent. Evil is evil, even if it lives in a mansion.

I can see digging into dad, but for things that matter.

I think it has a LOT of bearing..

there are certain areas in any city/town that are known for crime/drugs
places where I would be afraid to be at night

how can you send a 5 year old girl there???

not to mention not checking the place out (sewage problems?) and the people staying there....

did anyone speak to her on the phone?? did she tell them about "daddy" who was staying overnight ?? Or the people coming and going??

NO one could have imagined the horror of the egg donor "selling" her precious child...but in that dirty environment one would worry for the childs health and safety....in that dangerous crime ridden area one would worry about her...not to mention having male felons hanging around and drugs etc

There are a few comments here about the HIV boyfriend. I believe it's perfectly appropriate to talk about his man for his drug use /addiction and other issues. But living with AIDS or allowing a child to live with someone with AIDS is not by it self on par with living with a drug addict. Someone even used the term HIV ridden. Well, I am "HIV ridden". I have also raised 3 kids, one who is off to college next year to become a teacher, and another one who is joining the Marines just like I did. I have also helped to raise 3 other children that my husband and I took in over the years. WE spent 11 years helping to raise a child whose mother abandoned her at the age of 2. She is now a happy healthy 15 YO honors student.
People living with HIV are just like anyone else. Some are good, some are bad. This man obviously is very very bad, but that has little to do with his HIV status.

Heaven forbid dad be expected to check out where he was sending his 5 year old daughter to live!! Amazing.....

Seems is DID matter.

There was no "officially missing" mentioned. If my child is missing and I am out searching for him for an hour before calling LE, it doesn't make him any less missing before I make the call.

And that's why I said officially missing. A retired sheriffs deputy more than likely would consider "after she was missing" the same as "after she was reported".

Why look for anything more than show. Creature knew where she was.
At the very least, she knew she wasn't outside.

WoW, I must have missed that.... who said they are certain it was Mcneill that picked her up? Do you have a link to it please?

Maybe A said Coe had something to do with it to give Mcneill more time, so they arrested him. I read that Coe was arrested after a witness saw him driving out of the park, but then was released when Mcneill gave himself up. Maybe they didnt view the surveilence tapes until after this had happened :waitasec:, or like you said maybe the footage was too bad to identify anyone positively. Wonder who the witness was, and how they got confused.

I think they found out McNeil picked her up at the house when they found the GPS in his car and downloaded the info from it.

I think it has a LOT of bearing..

there are certain areas in any city/town that are known for crime/drugs
places where I would be afraid to be at night

how can you send a 5 year old girl there???

not to mention not checking the place out (sewage problems?) and the people staying there....

did anyone speak to her on the phone?? did she tell them about "daddy" who was staying overnight ?? Or the people coming and going??

NO one could have imagined the horror of the egg donor "selling" her precious child...but in that dirty environment one would worry for the childs health and safety....in that dangerous crime ridden area one would worry about her...not to mention having male felons hanging around and drugs etc

How can you send them to a drug infested area?
The world is drug infested, and her other parent (spit) was there.
I'm just not seeing the issue with the area. The people that were there, the filth in the home, the activities going on in that particular home; all of those I take heavy issue with. But fault her for what she did do. Not just where she was.
The area has no bearing, IMO.

Heaven forbid dad be expected to check out where he was sending his 5 year old daughter to live!! Amazing.....

Seems is DID matter.

I believe that the residence of where Antoinette "said" she was living as she told BL she had her own place was different from the MH. I'm hoping that more of that will come out.

I guess I just don't get it as to why this matters. Why so much emphasis on the father of this child? It's as NG said last night on her show, yes, it's true, if he had not let her go there, she would probably still be alive but....he is not the person that destroyed this child. The 2 people behind bars right now are, so far as we know. BL didn't intentionally harm his daughter. The other 2 's did! His reasons for letting Shaniya go there have already been stated. His admission that it was a mistake has already been stated. I guess I just don't see anything constructive coming out of picking apart the whys and what fors of his decision. He's stated in the last presser that he was not aware of what she had gone into and would have appreciated a call from DCF since there was already an investigation on Antoinette and her 7 yr. old boy but that didn't happen.

There were a lot of circumstances that could have and should have been different to prevent the eventual tragedy that has taken place here and ALL of them failed. ALL of them. The way I see it, everyone had a part in that failure. From Dad, to the Aunt, the landlord of that MH, the manager of the park, the neighbors, the Board of Health, DCF, Antoinette, school officials, the perp or perps, etc., etc. And out of that whole mess, there were only 2 that did deliberate damage to this child, her mother and the perp(s). That was intentional!

I agree. Personally, I think the most important thing right now is making sure all directly involved with Shaniya's abuse and death are locked up. Any negligence charges (if any) can be investigated afterward. I'm not understanding how some people can take the other family members accusations as absolute truth. I'd bet my last penny they have all made stupid mistakes. If they suspected any kind of abuse and didn't report it, they were also negligent.

I really do think all of the events that took place were for financial gain. Too bad MAM didn't know there were cameras at the motel/hotel.

Edited to add: these people know how to work the system.

Why would DCF call him when he never bothered to get formal custody?

this is all CYA to me

so we should just say about any tragedy>..oh poor them...too bad , they screwed up but they are grieving

Parents let kid ride on back of a tiger...tiger eats kid..."oh gosh they had no idea that would happen"

why not let kids drive a truck?? Oh my..they wrecked the semi..who woulda thunk it ?

hey...why not let kids skydive....they can pull the rip cord..right?? "whoops....we are so sorry that happened"

Oh...please don't say anything bad about the parents....oh please..they didn't mean it...

put a 3 year old out on a freeway with their favorite beach ball..."he loves to play with his ball"...eeek.....well the parents were just letting him have some fun....please don't say a bad word about them

Oh..and you say "his reasons for letting her go there have already been stated">> how do we know the real reasons?? I have pointed out clear discrepancy there....1) mother did not have her "own place"...2) she was NOT working job for 6 months

The place was what it was...how can you blame the manager of the park??
it was the dad/family who took her over there

people who live in Fayetteville apparently know that is not a safe place....surely the dad knew that....he chose to rationalize things I think
and I choose to point it out

can you tell me why he needs a "foundation" or donations?? Can't he at least bury his child himself without people sending money?? How do you feel about that??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74