NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, Allegedly sold by mother 11/10/09 #16

Status
Not open for further replies.
One more.

It's not illegal to have unprotected sex while HIV+. It is illegal to have unprotected sex while HIV+ if your partner does not know you have HIV.

Laws vary.

That makes sense. I thought she was saying it was a different pattern and overlay, which seemed off. It's hard to tell how it lines up because of the trim and different angle, but I see what you're saying.

And it looks like a two on the sign, so if that picture was taken on the third floor, then it wouldn't surprise me that it would line up differently.

No, I posted repeatedly that it was the same pattern, different carpet...thusly not the third floor.
I thought that was crystal clear.

Jenny, I just typed out a post for ya & lost it. You took my post out of context. I'm right but so are you. Also, you're completely wrong about my friend's son. He ended up with AIDS when he was 9 and now the virus doesn't even show up. I have to fix dinner & will be back on later. This very certainly could pertain to Antoinette. She most certainly could give birth to an HIV+ baby, even with all precautions available taken. I am a researcher. I went to school for infectious disease. I've been home for the past 7 years taking care of my children but am going back to work next year. I am a lifelong volunteer for The Sunshine Foundation & have volunteered for DuPont Nemours for over 10 years now. I know, just like you do, the technicalities involved with AIDS prevention. You're wrong with babies not being born with HIV if proper prevention is taken. Not all the time is that the case. Actually, 2% are still born infected, even with all necessary meds & precautions during pregnancy as well as childbirth & lack of breastfeeding. If the father that is HIV+ didn't use proper precautions (used a condom & it broke), and the baby is born with HIV, it's a felony. I mean, come on, these aren't good people here. They probably know nothing about sperm washing if they really wanted to have a baby together. Blood can be found in sperm. Say Antoinette didn't know that Coe had HIV and she got pregnant, she knows now. If she refuses drugs & proper precautions to protect the fetus, it's a felony punishable by law. My friends son is the reason I got into infectious disease. He's an incredible role model for me, matter of fact he's one of my heroes. I love him dearly.

Many many many hugs to you.

Jersey

Sorry, I misunderstood about your friends son. When you said no virus I assumed you meant he tested neg for HIV not that he had an undetectable viral load. I too have no virus in the bloodstream, IE undetectable viral load. The virus is still there hiding in the internal organs. I recently had a meds failure and my viral load went back up to 50,00rna er copy. I switched meds and was back to undetectable in a month.
I did say in my first post that 98% or so of babies born to HIV mothers in the USA are negative. I think we are actually saying the same things here just in different ways
Yes, the father can give HIV to the Mom and she can then pass it on to the child. SHe is the one passing it on though. If Dad is HIV neg and Mom is HIV the risk of infection is still 2 %

Is it a felony for mom to refuse anti-HIV meds now?. I'm pretty sure it's still legal to refuse meds.
There was even the Christine Maggiore case where she tested positive for AIDS but refused to acknowledge she had it. She refused to test her 2 kids for AIDS and her DD died from it. She still refused to believe AIDS existed and died last year. No charges were pressed for her refusal to test or treat her daughter
Your sons friend can and I hope will live a long healthy life

And it looks like a two on the sign, so if that picture was taken on the third floor, then it wouldn't surprise me that it would line up differently.

Yes....knowing what we do now, I too can see it being a 2 instead of a 3 in the MAM photo. Especially after AMF posted the number comparison that she did...that was very helpful in making it clearer. The important thing though is that we know now this has to be a pic of them leaving, right? I still can't figure out why on EARTH a motel was ever even involved, if MAM was the end of the line (no buyer). Why on earth...?!

No, I posted repeatedly that it was the same pattern, different carpet...thusly not the third floor.
I thought that was crystal clear.

You said:

Don't look at the size, look at the color overlay,

I think this is where the confusion was. It has nothing to do with color, so the mention of color threw me off.

Not sure about that. She was found in between the hotel and Fayetteville on the southbound side of the hwy that suggests she was dumped on the way back to Fayetteville after leaving the hotel, not that he turned around to go back to Sanford from Fayetteville.

Hotel>>>>>>>>>>>>>>body>>>>>>>>>>>>>>fayetteville.

I believe they said about 7 miles from the hotel--towards Fayetteville. As far as I can tell by maps, that would put it within a mile of the Harnette County border--so there's another county added in. I think they are considering the whole sequence of events as one case--so if it started in Cumberland it will be tried there if I understand correctly.

One more.

It's not illegal to have unprotected sex while HIV+. It is illegal to have unprotected sex while HIV+ if your partner does not know you have HIV.

Laws vary.

Yes, true. I was in the military when I was diagnosed and I had to sign paperwork stating that I would reveal my HIV status to any potential partner Of course the military law system is different from the normal one.
My ex husband was court martialed for having unprotected sex without notifying anyone. He was charged with assault. The woman didn't get the virus.

You said:

I think this is where the confusion was. It has nothing to do with color, so the mention of color threw me off.

Not the tint, or the shade, follow the swirls with your eyes, watch where the swirl of white becomes a leaf, right at the edge of the patterned part of the carpet. They are not the same. Nothing to do with tint or shade.

Italics are what I said afterward,to clarify.
I'm sorry if you thought I was being condescending or anything of the sort, I was not, merely frustrated, as I thought I had explained it well enough.

I believe they said about 7 miles from the hotel--towards Fayetteville. As far as I can tell by maps, that would put it within a mile of the Harnette County border--so there's another county added in. I think they are considering the whole sequence of events as one case--so if it started in Cumberland it will be tried there if I understand correctly.

Yep. It was 7 miles. I thought you were saying that he drove past the hotel further into Sanford and left her there. You would have to go through Moore County or Harnett to get to Cumberland (Fayetteville). Confusing area. I'm guessing you're right about the whys of Cumberland getting it. Also, I'm sure it was a financial reason. Lee County is very small compared to Cumberland.

Yep. It was 7 miles. I thought you were saying that he drove past the hotel further into Sanford and left her there. You would have to go through Moore County or Harnett to get to Cumberland (Fayetteville). Confusing area. I'm guessing you're right about the whys of Cumberland getting it. Also, I'm sure it was a financial reason. Lee County is very small compared to Cumberland.

You are correct -- Harnett county is between Lee and Cumberland and just a hop, skip and a jump from where the body was discovered.

I vote this the best post of the day LOL. Something to end the confusion on floors!

Honestly, I thought it was the same floor at first and my eyes were just playing tricks on me because of the direction MaM is facing. I really had to look to notice the difference in the two designs. It alluded me for a few moments so I just wanted to help those out who might have missed it like I did at first.

Thanks. I wondered if that might have something to do with it. Meeting someone else, I mean. Sorry to say, sometimes things go bad when there's a change in relationships, whether it hurts the person's ability to parent time-wise or the new person just isn't in to kids, etc.

Let's say that BL's new GF isn't in to kids, so BL needed to re-locate SD.

If BL dumps SD onto those who had offered to take her (fil, Carey, friend Tim) then BL comes off looking like a selfish SOB, thinking only of his own needs.

But if he dumps SD on her birth mother, saying, "I wanted to give her another chance at being a mother......" all nicey-nicey bleeding-heart, then he comes off looking like a martyr who was only out to do good.

BL may be grieving, but from the start, he has made my hinky meter go a little :tsktsk:

jmo

Here's where the difference is..

Thank you for pointing out exactly where the differnce is!

Another thought that I had, as I believe this is MAM leaving with the baby....I understand Shaniya had no shoes on and thus needed to be carried, but if I were carrying a child of this size and age, I would most likely carry her on my hip, legs spread on each side...wondering if he is carrying her "ginegerly" in this awkward position because he knows of what went on in that hotel room and she had injuries to her privates that would cause more pain if he carried her that way..(grrrrr) What do you think??

Thank you for pointing out exactly where the differnce is!

Another thought that I had, as I believe this is MAM leaving with the baby....I understand Shaniya had no shoes on and thus needed to be carried, but if I were carrying a child of this size and age, I would most likely carry her on my hip, legs spread on each side...wondering if he is carrying her "ginegerly" in this awkward position because he knows of what went on in that hotel room and she had injuries to her privates that would cause more pain if he carried her that way..(grrrrr) What do you think??

Just a question as I don't have kids. Would you carry a 5 year old like that as well? When I babysat, I've carried like a 2 year old and under like that, but never had to carry a 5 year old. JW. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
squidsquidsquid