NC - Shaniya Davis, 5, missing from her home 11/10/09 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goodmornig ....

I was hoping to wake up this morning and see Shaniya found as everyone I am sure.

Reading some of the new articles this morning I am glad to see that at least we have one other person pleading for her safe return besides dad and that would Coe. Where is this so called mom even her BF cares more about the little girl then she does...She is in on it along with her sister as far as I am concerned, haven't heard from her sister either.
Snipped by me:

Neighbors Travis Smith and George King said they often saw Shaniya playing and frequently saw her mother with Coe.

“He seemed more upset about the girl being missing than the mother did, because he kept pacing up and down the hill, looking like he was mad or whatever that the girl was gone," said Smith, who lives two doors down from the Davis family.

Coe appealed for the return of the girl, who he said calls him daddy.

"Whoever knows where Shaniya is, just do the right thing," he said

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/6411942/

If, as Coe stated, Shaniya was never placed in the living room when he was visiting, it is hard to believe that McNeill didn't know she was going to be there, if in fact she was ever placed there that morning. Which leads me to believe that either McNeill was already in the home, or he was told Shaniya would be placed there at such and such a time, which could really be anytime that morning. It is not as if he had been stalking the home waiting for the one time mom would decide to place her on the sofa for some unknown reason.

If Shaniya never slept in the livingroom where did she sleep?
I'd like to see a diagram of the home, 3 bedrooms???

By all reports this is a 12 x 40 foot wide mobile home with two bedrooms.

Attached is a genertic floor plan of a 12 x 40 mobile home.

Second bedroom is about 7' 8" x 10' 10"
Master Bedroom looks to be UNDER 10' x 10'

Narrow hallway from MB past bathroom into kitchen, into LR. You can certainly see from the MB to the LR without any problems.

Attachments

• mobile 12 x 40.JPG
    mobile 12 x 40.JPG
    25 KB · Views: 49
http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=7116354

""I'm not an idiot, I'm not stupid, but I feel like I was violated," Coe said. "The whole time I told the detectives I wasn't guilty, they came and talked to my family, they said my family was lying."
When ABC11 Eyewitness News asked Coe what he thought happened to Davis he said he did not know.
"I've been asked that by 13 detectives and everybody, I don't know and I tell you like I told the detectives, I don't think the mother had anything to do with it," he said. "Do I feel there might have been some negligence somewhere, yes I do."
Coe says Antionette Davis, the child's mother, was his girlfriend and he says he wasn't at the mobile home when the child disappeared.
"Every day I was there the little girl was never in the living room," Coe said. "Every night when I slept there the little girl was never in the living room, so all I can say is educated people figure it out.""

If my mama read this and the info about Coe wanting to take legal action, she would say that Coe "protesteth too much". :waitasec:

Okay - two other possible scenarios (there are many, aren't there?):

ONE:
- mcneil comes over, convinces mom to let him take shaniya elsewhere
- not family, but someone with other plans for shaniya
- mom agrees (reluctantly or readily or maybe coerced)
- shaniya was never on the sofa but that was the story they used

TWO:
- mcneil comes over on maternal family's behalf
- maybe Shaniya lived with mom and/or her family when an infant, then she was removed and sent to father
- extended family knows filth over there, knows Coe is over there, and wants Shaniya back
- sends mcneil over there to get her
- maybe mom knew, maybe she didn't

OR - a combination of the above two. I can't help but believe this was part of a plan and that she was purposefully removed, not just snatched b/c of a moment of opportunity.

Maybe the custody issue was a matter of a fight for joint custody. Perhaps mom had to show a perminent residence to DSS in order to gain joint custody and after living there a few months at the same address, it was granted. My guess is that after a long struggle, dad had to relinquish little Shaniya only to have this happen.

When will DSS realize that mom is NOT always what's best for the child?

I could see it easily. The twisted mother clearly has a very deep resentment of her biological father, and probably told her to call Coe that just to be malicious. I don't see Shanyia choosing to do it on her own, but I could see mom telling her to.

If it's true that she had only been there for three weeks, I'm thinking that the maternal family has been stewing over this for years and has probably convinced themselves that he only got to take Shaniya because he was white and had more money, and that they stood no chance of getting her back legitimately.

If it's true that the father is now engaged, I wonder if that was part of the catalyst that sent her back to her mother.

There's an old saying on a stepmom board and that is..."nothing pizzes off a biomom more than hearing that the ex is getting married again, except for the birth of a baby". Yes, those two events dramatically change the face of step-families and the kids are stuck in the middle. :banghead:

(I'm talking about relationships where the parents are unable to co-parent...please let's not go O/T with stories about step-families that are able to co-exist in peace cuz I know they are out there!) :crazy:

I know this link was posted in the previous thread, but after reading the article again, I thought we should carry it over.

http://www.fayobserver.com/Articles/2009/11/13/951920

"Her father, Bradley Lockhart, was anxious Friday night to hear any news about his missing daughter as he waited in his Fayetteville home with friends and family members. He said his daughter had lived with him for the past three or four years. He let her live with her mother, Antoinette Davis, about three weeks ago because she had found a place to live and had held a job for six months, he said.

"I just wanted her to be a mother," he said. "She was never part of her life."

The girl's parents had never married.

Theresa Chance, a Fayetteville police spokeswoman, said Lockhart has been questioned and ruled out as a suspect."

BBM

That leaves quite a bit of time that she was living elsewhere, do we know where?

I would be inclined to bet that Shaniya originally lived with the mother. Later, if there were issues with child services or the father saw the mother could not take care of Shaniya, she went to live with her father. I can see the father trying to give her mother a chance if she got it together to try to be a parent. Unfortunately, now he is regretting it and hopefully this sweet baby is alive and well.

Something's got to give today. I pray that that beautiful little girl is safe and unharmed.

I would be inclined to bet that Shaniya originally lived with the mother. Later, if there were issues with child services or the father saw the mother could not take care of Shaniya, she went to live with her father. I can see the father trying to give her mother a chance if she got it together to try to be a parent. Unfortunately, now he is regretting it and hopefully this sweet baby is alive and well.

And Mom pulled it together long enough to get Shaniya back then no matter what she'd never let her go back to Dad!!! Or extended family wouldn't let that happen.

It is so odd that McNeill turned himself in after being contacted by his family knowing that they had him on video surv. with Shaniya. This says alot to me, if he hurt her in anyway I would think he would be on the run not turning himself in.
This was planned and my assumption is Mom and Sister both have something to do with this.
According to Coe Shaniya was never on that couch to sleep in the 3-4 weeks he was around her and the mother, and she just miracously winds up on the couch that night where McNeill just happens to stumble upon her sleeping there and takes her ? That sounds stupid just writing it and I am not buying it !

Acording to this article looks like the FBI along with the US Marshall are involved now as well. It also seems that Dad has no clue where mom is at all (nice-not) but you can bet LE does...

http://www.fayobserver.com/Articles/2009/11/13/951920

Bessie said:
Or, an employee (housekeeping, security) secured the room for the rendevouz, if one took place. If a child trafficking ring is involved --God forbid -- this motel might have been used previously. Perhaps it's the site of other illegal activities. OTOH, I would think those involved would be aware of surveillance cameras and know how to circumvent them.

I'd love to know how he was id'd from the video. From LE photos? Or, did LE question employees and someone fingered him?

Ugh...so many questions and my heart is breaking yet again for another beautiful little child.

I keep reading references to McN being the aunt's ex-bf, but at least one news report I read stated that he was not acquainted with the family or Coe.

(snip) Good am everyone, thank you all for some great posts... sorry no news yet. We really don't know the room was registered to McNeill at all, do we? Nor that he ever checked in much less checked out. IIRC only that as of an hour later, neither he nor Shaniya were there.

:parrot:

Does anyone know how many bedrooms are in that MH? There could be a thousand reasons for Coe to say what he did..Shanyia was "never" in the living room..And it sends chills down my spine thinking of each one of those reasons......I can still smell the racid odor of the inside of the 1 bedroom trailer my mother AND i LIVED IN...One night after a drinking frenzy with one of her "male friends" they ended up in the only bed in the place,,,and unfortunately for me ,,,I was already there asleep..I was 7 or 8 years old, at the time and I remember the fear and the trauma of him keeping my face into the pillow as they did the dirty...I thought I was going to die...This is just one of many of my memories of living with my mother.....I can imagine the horror and pain of children having to live like this, and I went back there in my memories when I read what Coe said,,The child never slept in the living room........This is a horror story, no matter what really happened,,,,,,I pray they find the child safe,,,,,,,But until family members step up to the plate and do what is right by all children we will continue to be saddened by events as this......My own father never really cared enough to take me out of the situation,,,,,,I feel very lucky to have survived some of the bad things,,,,but if you guys only knew what goes on in these so-called homes you would throw up......This happened back in the late fifties,,,,but has been with me and always will. Dear Lord,,I pray,,please let this child be found safe,,,Amen.

In the arrest record the mom last was posted yesterday she was arrested in 2006. So that would've been 3 years ago. That is most likely when DSS steped in, and she probably put in her fathers custody.

Hate to say this, but if daddy has a good job then mom would want custody for the child support. The dad was thinking she needs her mom. He most likely thought mom had turned her life around, and would not put their daughter in harms way.

How did McNeil's family contact him I wonder to tell him he was on video with Shainya ?

Do we know anything about his girlfriend?

http://abclocal.go.com/wtvd/story?section=news/local&id=7116354

""I'm not an idiot, I'm not stupid, but I feel like I was violated," Coe said. "The whole time I told the detectives I wasn't guilty, they came and talked to my family, they said my family was lying."
When ABC11 Eyewitness News asked Coe what he thought happened to Davis he said he did not know.
"I've been asked that by 13 detectives and everybody, I don't know and I tell you like I told the detectives, I don't think the mother had anything to do with it," he said. "Do I feel there might have been some negligence somewhere, yes I do."
Coe says Antionette Davis, the child's mother, was his girlfriend and he says he wasn't at the mobile home when the child disappeared.
"Every day I was there the little girl was never in the living room," Coe said. "Every night when I slept there the little girl was never in the living room, so all I can say is educated people figure it out.""

Two things I thing he could be saying here:

1. I don't think the mother had anything to do with it, but someone else put the child on the sofa so figure it out who it was?

2. Educated people figure it out....could have been said to be a smart a$$ since he was accused of taking the little girl and placed in jail and now found innocent.

Two things I thing he could be saying here:

1. I don't think the mother had anything to do with it, but someone else put the child on the sofa so figure it out who it was?

2. Educated people figure it out....could have been said to be a smart a$$ since he was accused of taking the little girl and placed in jail and now found innocent.

Yes Julie I agree with you...but your #2 I thought of that but also think he's giving us some info...Mom said she put her on the couch in the livingroom...Coe says He never saw her in the livingroom...when he was there...it could mean Why was she in the livingroom when I never saw her there ? What was a reason she was in the livingroom?

3 weeks!!! OMG, I thought the Coe/mom relationship was longer, THANKS!
and why didn't he know McNeill? The aunt broke up way before 3 weeks???
So why was MCNeill even at the home?
To see aunt? the infant?
Why was COE accused of 'terroritist' threats on mom that night?
Are we getting more bad journalism? or LE judgement?
Why did dad give her back to mom????
that's odd...........

Wondering do we know yet where does Mom work? Did she really keep a job? What is her shift? I don't believe we can really confirm yet that she was even there at the mh that night--nor any other night. Who knows what this mother may have been doing nights, could Shaniya have been left at the mh w aunt and McNeill?

If Coe and McNeill don't know eachother, it would seem logical to assume (on just one cup of coffee) that McNeill's relationship w Aunt Brenda pre-dates mother Antoinette's move into the mh, and certainly Shaniya's recent arrival. I'm probably just getting confused but that makes it sound like McNeill in fact wasn't going over there :confused: since Coe claims to have been there regularly. We still don't know if Brenda and he may have a child (the infant) together (?) but article states they (Coe & McNeill) did not know eachother.

Btw I am speculating charges of Coe's alleged "terrorizing" of Mom related to his reaction in the hours following Shaniya's disappearance when he was reportedly so upset, then given circumstances LE decided to drop this too (?)

:parrot:

I just had a thought...I guess someone could have been trying to set up Coe or they really want to keep him in the dark. Just another maybe to throw out there...

Based on Coe's words, I'm really starting to wonder if Shaniya was there at all that night. If she was even staying with the mother. Especially with no scent for the dogs to track. Does mom have immedeate family in the area? Maybe the only reason she wanted Shaniya back was to get some child support.
f

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member