NC - State of Emergency Declared in Moore County - Criminal Attack on Power Substations - 45K W/O Power

View attachment 400695
(with regard to the photo) "Mom, Dad, I've met a wonderful girl!" ;-)

quoted from first of the two links in @steeltowngirl 's message: "NBC News reports that Russell is a known neo-Nazi and founder of the Atomwaffen Division, a neo-Nazi group bent on "ushering in the collapse of civilization," according to the Southern Poverty Law Center. The group admires Charles Manson and supports "the idea of lone wolf violence," according to the Anti-Defamation League."

Maybe it's just me, but people who think they can "usher in the collapse of civilization" by shooting some power stations--JMHO but I think the issue of whether or not the crimes represent "terrorism" is pretty much settled.

quoted from first of the two links in @steeltowngirl 's message: "NBC News reports that Russell is a known neo-Nazi and founder of the Atomwaffen Division, a neo-Nazi group bent on "ushering in the collapse of civilization," according to the Southern Poverty Law Center. The group admires Charles Manson and supports "the idea of lone wolf violence," according to the Anti-Defamation League."

Maybe it's just me, but people who think they can "usher in the collapse of civilization" by shooting some power stations--JMHO but I think the issue of whether or not the crimes represent "terrorism" is pretty much settled.

Yep. And yet there seems to be some reluctance to apply this label and investigate accordingly. Perhaps there's a sense that these are "only" mechanical installations, and even sympathy in some quarters for the attackers' stated aims?

Very different cases, but some of the language used by the plotters reminds me of Steven Carrillo:

Christopher Brenner Cook, 20, of Columbus, Ohio, and Jonathan Allen Frost, 24, of Katy, Texas, and West Lafayette, Indiana, each pleaded guilty to one count of conspiring to provide material support to terrorists. Cook was sentenced was sentenced to 92 months in prison and Frost was sentenced to 60 months in prison. Jackson Matthew Sawall, 22, of Oshkosh, Wisconsin, was also charged and pleaded guilty in February 2022 in connection with the scheme and will be sentenced at a later date.

“These defendants plotted armed attacks against energy facilities to stoke division in furtherance of white supremacist ideology and now they are being held accountable,” said Assistant Attorney General Matthew G. Olsen of the Justice Department’s National Security Division. “The Justice Department will not tolerate the use of violence to advance any extremist ideology and we remain determined to protect our communities from such hateful acts of terror.”

No progress on this case, no arrests.

Rep. Richard Hudson, who represents Moore County in Congress, was concerned that no arrests have been made.

"To the folks that perpetrated this: you did not get away with this," he said. "We are coming for you. We're going to find you, and we are going to find you accountable."

Hudson acknowledged there is a long way to go, saying the government still hasn't identified who might be behind these attacks.

"A press release from the FBI in early December 2023 said officials are asking the public for assistance locating a minivan seen on Dec. 3, 2022, the night of two electrical substation shootings in Moore County. "

"The van is likely a silver or light blue, 2011-2017, Honda Odyssey. Investigators are asking anyone who saw the van the night of the shooting between 6 p.m.-10 p.m. to call the FBI at 1-800-CALL FBI (225-5324), the Moore County Sheriff’s Office tip line at 910-947-4444 or submit a tip online at tips.fbi.gov. "

"A press release from the FBI in early December 2023 said officials are asking the public for assistance locating a minivan seen on Dec. 3, 2022, the night of two electrical substation shootings in Moore County. "

"The van is likely a silver or light blue, 2011-2017, Honda Odyssey. Investigators are asking anyone who saw the van the night of the shooting between 6 p.m.-10 p.m. to call the FBI at 1-800-CALL FBI (225-5324), the Moore County Sheriff’s Office tip line at 910-947-4444 or submit a tip online at tips.fbi.gov. "

I wonder if this announcement is in reaction to a recent threat? Why did they just announce the search for this mini-van? If it was because of a recent tip, why did it take this long for that tip to come forward?

JMO

Possibly, a relationship ended and somebody finally feels safe coming forward?
That's exactly what helped to solve the 1993 Brown's Chicken Massacre in Palatine IL. There were seven people murdered that night and it had become a cold case. A former girlfriend came forward in 2002.

JMO

Last edited:
Not much additional info aside from this point about LE:

"The occupant(s) of the van may have information relevant to the investigation. Agents and detectives are conducting numerous lawful methods to locate the van. We also know the public can provide valuable information to augment law enforcement investigations."

Jesus. Atomwaffen is about as accelerationist as it gets.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288
Back