GUILTY NC - Stephanie Autry, 34, murdered in her Wake Forest home, 27 Oct 2015

Traveling nurse or not, that home looked very nice, she had a nanny, and only worked 3-4 days a week? I would say even without a felon husband that her budget would be extremely tight. I am surprised she did not divorce him and try to get him to terminate his rights to his child by seeking no alimony or child support. She could get a new placement for her employment. Such a sad story. Now the baby boy has neither parent.

It wasn't a very upscale place. It's a glorified apartment complex. I went there several times. She wanted to work more than 3 or 4 days a week, but couldn't get more time. I was surprised to learn after her death that they were still married. She always acted like they were already divorced, and it was definitely her desire to have him sign over his rights, as she had mentioned that not long before the ex got out on parole. Feelings change though, and with her in the financial squeeze she was in, desperate times call for desperate measures. I had tried repeatedly to get her to talk to friends of mine in management at WakeMed, but she always resisted. Her ultimate goal was to go back to school and get an advanced degree (at Duke) and eventually teach.

Just checking up on any recent updates to this story and read one of the pieces about Stalf making his first appearance in court. More details emerging about the murder, specifically:

"Investigators have accused Stalf of bashing Autry with a hammer and attacking her with “a picture hanging wire used for strangulation,” according to arrest warrants filed Thursday at the Wake County Magistrate’s Office."

What an absolute monster this guy is... She must have discovered something he had done after being released from prison and threatened to tell his parole officer.

Just checking up on any recent updates to this story and read one of the pieces about Stalf making his first appearance in court. More details emerging about the murder, specifically:

"Investigators have accused Stalf of bashing Autry with a hammer and attacking her with “a picture hanging wire used for strangulation,” according to arrest warrants filed Thursday at the Wake County Magistrate’s Office."

What an absolute monster this guy is... She must have discovered something he had done after being released from prison and threatened to tell his parole officer.

Or maybe he just had theft and revenge on his mind. He broke into her home and killed her stole her debit card, and her iPad and iPhone. I'd think she'd moved on and didn't want him around anymore more likely.

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/crime/article45539787.html#storylink=cpy

What a horrible last however-many minutes this poor woman endured. At least she knew her son was nowhere close -- and I feel sure that those were probably the last thoughts she had.

That man is one evil guy -- what a mean, cruel and hate-filled way to kill someone. Just plain mean & evil.

I hope the prosecutor goes for the DP one this one. It's cruel and awful. JMO and SMH.

There is a District Court hearing for Stalf in early December:

The North Carolina Court System .......................................11/25/2015
Arraigned Offenses for Case Number: 2015225095 CR
Arraigned Defendant Name: STALF,LANSON,PAUL
County: WAKE
Court Date: 12/10/2015
Session: AM
Court Room: JAIL

Offense CodeDescriptionStatute
1222 Felony ROBBERY WITH DANGEROUS WEAPON 14-87
2212 Felony BREAKING AND OR ENTERING (F) 14-54(A)

From WRAL News:

[h=1]Warrant: Debit card theft linked to Wake Forest homicide[/h] Posted 10:30 a.m. today

Wake Forest, N.C. — A Wake Forest man told investigators that he killed his wife last fall while trying to steal her debit card, according to a search warrant released Thursday.

Read more at http://www.wral.com/warrant-debit-c...ewsletter&utm_source=wral#hiHDEUgGRQXDqEAD.99

I just checked the Wake County Courts Docket for Stalf, and there is nothing out there -- so IDK what's happening with this case other than what was reported in the article above. I'll keep checking.

From the local MSM:

Wake Forest man pleads guilty to killing his wife
.....Lanson Paul Stalf admitted to killing Stephanie Lynn Autry at her home in October

.....He avoided death penalty, but will spend the rest of his life in prison

.....Family describes questions asked by 3-year-old son

By Ron Gallagher
rgallagher@newsobserver.com

RALEIGH A Wake Forest man charged with killing his wife in October at her home pleaded guilty Friday to first-degree murder and was sentenced to spend the rest of his life in prison.
Lanson Paul Stalf’s admission of guilt was part of a deal in which the Wake County District Attorney’s office dropped charges of breaking-and-entering and assault with a deadly weapon and agreed not to seek the death penalty for Stalf. The only other option was life without parole.
Friday, he never raised his eyes while he stood during questioning by Superior Court Judge Paul Ridgeway, softly saying “yes” or “no” to questions.
Autry, 34, died less than two weeks after Stalf was paroled from prison after serving six months for felony larceny. Stalf was charged in Wake County in December 2013 with common law robbery, but the charge was eventually reduced to felony larceny from a person. He was sentenced to one year and six months in prison last April, state records show, and began his prison sentence May 7.

And another:

Local News

[h=1]Wake Forest man to serve life in prison for 2015 murder of his wife
[/h] Posted 10:42 a.m. today
Updated 1:02 p.m. today

Raleigh, N.C. — A Wake Forest man pleaded guilty on Friday to killing his wife last fall while trying to steal her debit card.

Lanson Paul Stalf, 39, was charged with first-degree murder in the Oct. 27 death of Stephanie Lynn Autry in her Wake Forest home. Under his plea deal, Stalf will serve life in prison without the possibility of parole.

Read more at http://www.wral.com/wake-forest-man...der-of-his-wife/15643749/#p0uoOL86qzlG2k24.99

Looks like the case is closed. Since he took a deal in lieu of a trial, he gives up his rights for appeals.

Wham-bam and all that.

I hope the son is with some good people...So sad that he had to lose his Mom like that! As for the "sperm donor", hope he has a miserable incarceration and rots in a cold, lonely cell...

Looks like the case is closed. Since he took a deal in lieu of a trial, he gives up his rights for appeals.

Wham-bam and all that.

Thank you SOOOOOO much for following up to post all this information. I hadn't checked in several weeks. I had texted Stephanie around 8pm on the evening that he killed her. I never got a reply. It was only 4 days later that my jaw dropped and heart stopped as I saw her sweet face on the news and the story of her murder. I sat there frozen watching the coverage. I was so relieved when police apprehended the husband.

The only comfort in this is she is at peace. She had struggled financially, and it consumed her thoughts. Her son is being raised by her sister and brother-in-law. He's in good hands.

Such a sad story.

I'm glad this case was resolved before it had to go to trial. This area seemingly has numerous spouse and intimate-partner murders. I'm relieved he confessed. Her poor son. I can't imagine the loss a child goes through when their beloved parent is murdered by the other parent.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels
Back