GUILTY NC - Valerie Hamilton, 23, Charlotte, 15 September 2010

I'm so saddened to read this.

Such a lovely young lady. Prayers for her family.

Hope they catch this guy soon.

WSOC-TV (the ABC affiliate) just reported that Valerie's father will be interviewed on Good Morning America in the morning.

I am concerned because Harvey seems like such a loose cannon- very impulsive and accustomed to a criminal life style. He is surely aware that there is a manhunt going on for him and he knows he will probably get caught. Wouldn't such a person be likely to kill again?

Sex Offender Sought After N.C. Police Chief's Daughter Found Dead in Storage Unit

Published September 19, 2010
| FoxNews.com

Police are searching for a registered sex offender suspected of killing the daughter of a North Carolina police chief and hiding her body in a storage unit.

The Charlotte Mecklenburg Police Department said in a news release Sunday that the body of 23-year-old Valerie Hamilton was found Saturday night at the Mini-Storage Center. She was the daughter of Concord Chief Merl Hamilton.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/09/1...c-police-chiefs-daughter-inside-storage-unit/

Michael%20Neal%20Harvey_190x107.JPG

WANTED

Michael Neal Harvey

Inside of 34-year old Michael Harvey's Niagara Falls family home Sunday night, there were tears and anger. His family spoke with Eyewitness News exclusively in an off-camera interview, saying Michael couldn't have killed anyone. Michael was raised in Niagara Falls by his grandmother who legally adopted him. After finding out her son was wanted for murder, Michael's biological mother, sister and other relatives all gathered at Michael's family home, all of them saying he is innocent.

But in Charlotte, North Carolina there is a massive manhunt underway for Michael, who is a registered sex offender after being convicted of a 1996 rape in Niagara Falls.

Police believe Michael is driving a stolen 1996 white Chevy Blazer with North Carolina plates ZXE-1756. Charlotte police are not releasing details on Michael's relationship with the victim or confirming if they even knew each other. But, tonight the family in Niagara Falls is very upset about hearing the information, claiming Michael is the victim of police harassment.

:furious::furious::furious: Well he had them fooled didn't he.

If they didn't keep letting them out....what will it take to change our laws?

I am concerned because Harvey seems like such a loose cannon- very impulsive and accustomed to a criminal life style. He is surely aware that there is a manhunt going on for him and he knows he will probably get caught. Wouldn't such a person be likely to kill again?

Yes, I consider Harvey armed and dangerous. LE is stating they believe he may still be in the Charlotte area, (not sure I believe it.) Assuming he's guilty, what's he got to lose? He may end up a suicide by cop.

Until he's caught, I'd advise people in the Charlotte area to be vigilant and not approach if he's seen.

Not seen further info on his White Chevy Blazer but it's possible he abandon it for another vehicle. One news report I saw reported it could be a two or four door, hope they clear that up some.

It wont surprise me if he tries to change his appearance, i/e cuts off his hair.

Hope we learn more on Good Morning America this morning. Thanks for the info Charlotte people.

Inside of 34-year old Michael Harvey's Niagara Falls family home Sunday night, there were tears and anger. His family spoke with Eyewitness News exclusively in an off-camera interview, saying Michael couldn't have killed anyone. Michael was raised in Niagara Falls by his grandmother who legally adopted him. After finding out her son was wanted for murder, Michael's biological mother, sister and other relatives all gathered at Michael's family home, all of them saying he is innocent.

But in Charlotte, North Carolina there is a massive manhunt underway for Michael, who is a registered sex offender after being convicted of a 1996 rape in Niagara Falls.

Police believe Michael is driving a stolen 1996 white Chevy Blazer with North Carolina plates ZXE-1756. Charlotte police are not releasing details on Michael's relationship with the victim or confirming if they even knew each other. But, tonight the family in Niagara Falls is very upset about hearing the information, claiming Michael is the victim of police harassment.

:furious::furious::furious: Well he had them fooled didn't he.

sorry forgot the link last night...

http://www.wkbw.com/news/local/Fami...Exclusively-To-Eyewitness-News-103256384.html

So sad, I was hoping to log on this morning and see that this had been arrested.

So sad, I was hoping to log on this morning and see that this had been arrested.

Me too. I feel so bad for her family. I live a few miles from her apartment. It's really shocking when something like this happens in your city.

Per MSNBC, he has been arrested. They're talking about it now. In Niagra Falls, NY, where he has relatives.

Rest easy, Valerie. They got the bad guy.

Best-
Herding Cats

Just heard this on Fox News also.

Sounds like he's been arrested in Niagra Falls, NY according to Fox News.

Thank God they got this guy.

Sex offender arrested in slaying of police chief's daughter

By the CNN Wire Staff
September 20, 2010 12:10 p.m. EDT

story.cmpd.jpg

(CNN) -- A registered sex offender was arrested Monday in the slaying death of a 23-year-old woman, the daughter of a North Carolina police chief, authorities said.
Michael Neal Harvey, 34, was arrested without incident by FBI agents and U.S. Marshals in Niagara Falls, New York, in connection with the death of Valerie Hamilton, Charlotte-Mecklenburg, North Carolina, police said in a statement. Detectives from Charlotte were on the way to New York to interview him and "work on the extradition process," the statement said.

More at link: http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/09/20/north.carolina.chiefs.daughter/index.html?hpt=T2

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back