GUILTY NC - William “Andy” Banks, 39, Raleigh, met someone about selling his car, 12 Sept 2020 *ARREST*

SBM
Some statements from above MSM

“We know this arrest will not ease the pain the family and friends of Mr. Banks are experiencing with the loss of their loved one,” Raleigh Police Chief Cassandra Deck-Brown said. “We do, however, hope that they will gain some measure of comfort with this arrest.”

“Mr. Banks did everything right,” RPD Homicide Captain Andy Murr said. “He arranged to meet in a public place during daylight hours. The suspect in this case had ulterior motives that led to the tragic death of Mr. Banks.”

The Raleigh Police Department said that this investigation is still active.

More @ link

I’m glad the investigation is still active because I think there’s more to it than AB being murdered so the killer could steal his SUV. It wouldn’t surprise me if JM was involved in organized crime and initially there were other plans for this stolen vehicle beyond sitting, covered with a tarp.

Two common reasons vehicles are stolen through gang involvement - heading to a chop shop or using it to commit other crimes. But if so, gang members would’ve left JM high and dry as soon as ABs disappearance hit the news. One reason why I think JM was involved in organized crime — aside from the illegal weapon, why did he need 3 cellphones? How did he get to Raleigh from Danville? If this is involved in this tragedy, I hope JM is talking and takes others down with him as well.
JMO

Last edited:
I’m glad the investigation is still active because I think there’s more to it than AB being murdered so the killer could steal his SUV. It wouldn’t surprise me if JM was involved in organized crime and initially there were other plans for this stolen vehicle beyond sitting, covered with a tarp.

Two common reasons vehicles are stolen through gang involvement - heading to a chop shop or using it to commit other crimes. But if so, gang members would’ve left JM high and dry as soon as ABs disappearance hit the news. One reason why I think JM was involved in organized crime — aside from the illegal weapon, why did he need 3 cellphones? How did he get to Raleigh from Danville? If this is involved in this tragedy, I hope JM is talking and takes others down with him as well.
JMO
Yeah racketeering is pretty strongly indicated. The car is an unusual luxury vehicle here in the US. There was probably an "order" out for one. Someone connected might have wrecked theirs and needed a lot of parts or just a whole replacement vehicle to scab their vins onto. Not even professional criminals would consider it worth having a murder attached to though so the buyer (or almost certainly a middle man) probably canceled the deal and most likely anonymously alerted the authorities too.

If I were to engage in even greater speculation, Andy may have been too suspicious of the guy to let him take the vehicle for a test drive (which is how simple an auto theft like that is supposed to be) but the perp needed the money too much to just walk away and did something really really stupid.

Simply Southern said:
Body found in Danville positively identified as missing North Carolina man

The body of missing man Anthony Banks Jr. has been positively identified, according to the Raleigh Police Department.

You would think the newspaper would get William Anderson "Andy" Banks, Jr. name right.... :rolleyes:

JMO

I thought gang activity from the start, and Danville has a gang problem. Others must be involved and I'm hearing a burner phone was used. Moo...

Love the article on Howard Cummings. I'm from Kinston as well! Know his family.
I am so sorry @NCBanker
{HUGS} and prayers to you and his family.
Please know that many people who have never met Andy have been affected by this hideous crime and the loss of a wonderful person.
#justiceforAndy

I am so sorry @NCBanker
{HUGS} and prayers to you and his family.
Please know that many people who have never met Andy have been affected by this hideous crime and the loss of a wonderful person.
#justiceforAndy

I was referring to the link Madeleine74 shared about Howard Cummings. He's still very much alive!

You have no chance when someone has a gun on you and they are willing to use it. Anyone carrying an unregistered gun should never see the light of day. If you are above board you would have it registered. MOO
I disagree about registered. Anybody legally getting a gun has done all that is needed. I will never register a weapon.

I thought gang activity from the start, and Danville has a gang problem. Others must be involved and I'm hearing a burner phone was used. Moo...

I have felt all along it may have been gang related.

Has anyone besides me ever wondered how much our country's overall violent crimes would decline if they weren't gang related?

Gangs have truly destroyed so many cities whether it's large cities or many rural areas now.

Does the DOJ keep statistics each year on how many murders, attempted murders, rapes, armed robberies, and DV violent crimes were committed by gang members in the US? TIA!

A city adjoining my county has been rocked by gang violence beginning in the early 80, and a once beautiful safe city has made the list as the number one homicide city in America per capita several times since then. Now this year the homicide rate in that city is climbing even higher than last year. Most all murders are gang related along with other violent crimes.

So all of the officials everywhere had to know it's been a huge problem for decades now, yet we see the gangs increase in numbers spreading out across our country. It seems no community or area are immune to gangs taking over.

Imo, it's like a cancer. It must be eradicated at the beginning of knowing it exists. Once it's so out of control there is really no way to control it anymore. I guess I wont ever understand why it wasn't addressed in the very beginning in all of the cities, or counties/states it's profoundly affected. Look at all of the lives that would have been saved. SMH!

Through the decades there have been some male victims that I immediately bonded with for some reason.

Travis Alexander was one due to me deeply feeling he was a victim of horrible DV by JA even before she brutally murdered him.

From the moment I saw a photo of Andy, I knew in my heart even back then someone very evil had taken the life of a very beautiful soul.

We as a society lose when someone as good as Andy is taken from all of us, and the evil doer is the one left standing.:(

May Andy RIP. God be with all who dearly loves him as they go through this very difficult time.

Jmhoo

I have felt all along it may have been gang related.

Has anyone besides me ever wondered how much our country's overall violent crimes would decline if they weren't gang related?

Gangs have truly destroyed so many cities whether it's large cities or many rural areas now.

Does the DOJ keep statistics each year on how many murders, attempted murders, rapes, armed robberies, and DV violent crimes were committed by gang members in the US? TIA!

A city adjoining my county has been rocked by gang violence beginning in the early 80, and a once beautiful safe city has made the list as the number one homicide city in America per capita several times since then. Now this year the homicide rate in that city is climbing even higher than last year. Most all murders are gang related along with other violent crimes.

So all of the officials everywhere had to know it's been a huge problem for decades now, yet we see the gangs increase in numbers spreading out across our country. It seems no community or area are immune to gangs taking over.

Imo, it's like a cancer. It must be eradicated at the beginning of knowing it exists. Once it's so out of control there is really no way to control it anymore. I guess I wont ever understand why it wasn't addressed in the very beginning in all of the cities, or counties/states it's profoundly affected. Look at all of the lives that would have been saved. SMH!

Through the decades there have been some male victims that I immediately bonded with for some reason.

Travis Alexander was one due to me deeply feeling he was a victim of horrible DV by JA even before she brutally murdered him.

From the moment I saw a photo of Andy, I knew in my heart even back then someone very evil had taken the life of a very beautiful soul.

We as a society lose when someone as good as Andy is taken from all of us, and the evil doer is the one left standing.:(

May Andy RIP. God be with all who dearly loves him as they go through this very difficult time.

Jmhoo
How do we get rid of the gangs? Perhaps gang education should be a class from early grade school years as prevention. Stick it in with social studies. Jmo

Are there any articles mentioning Justin Merritt as a suspect in another missing person case? I have heard two people mention this but I didn't know if it was just a rumor going around or an actual fact.

I have seen comments on social media suggesting he is a suspect in another missing person's case, but I can't find anything to substantiate it. I *think* what happened is people ran with Justin Merritt being the suspect in [missing person Andy Banks'] case and attributed it to another case, possibly due to skimming articles or strangely-worded articles.

I have seen comments on social media suggesting he is a suspect in another missing person's case, but I can't find anything to substantiate it. I *think* what happened is people ran with Justin Merritt being the suspect in [missing person Andy Banks'] case and attributed it to another case, possibly due to skimming articles or strangely-worded articles.
I found one case of a man in a different case but it was obviously somebody else. It was in NYC and that Merrick was very thin, not this guy.

Andy's obituary. He seems to be a wonderful soul. Andy Banks - Obituary
Uniquely kind, genuinely nice, pure of spirit, big heart, without judgment, fun loving, wicked sense of humor, sweet nature, engaging smile, giving, smart, thrifty, loved his family and friends, loyal and dependable, a zest for living his life on his own terms….
Andy is and was loved by all who knew him, even those who only knew of him. He will be missed but his light will shine on as his legacy is being paid forward by his many friends.
William Anderson ("Andy") Banks Jr. was born on a cold January day, the thirty-first of 1981. He died in Raleigh, NC, on an innocent September afternoon, Saturday the twelfth, 2020, from a senseless act of violence. Thirty-nine years old, a life sadly extinguished way before its time. Family members who hold him dear to their hearts are his parents, Bill and Robin Banks of Gastonia NC, his sister Dede Smith and husband Steve of Glen Allen, VA, and their two children, Sophie (14) and Lincoln (11); his brother Mark and wife Chelsea of Raleigh, NC; his grandmother Dede Gunter of Gastonia, NC; his beloved girlfriend Taylor Folkes of Raleigh, NC; his aunt Marti Kimsey and husband Bill of Helen Ga; his uncle Mike Gunter and wife Barbara of Winston Salem, NC, and their daughter Kimberly Layton and husband Jason of Raleigh, NC, and their three children and their son Daniel Gunter III and wife Lindsay Beth of Raleigh, NC, and their two children; his aunt Peaches Blank of Nashville, TN., and her daughter Raleigh Anne Gray and husband John of Charlotte, NC.
Sophie and Lincoln adored their Uncle "Och" who was always at the ready to do their bidding. Sophie describes him as "adventurous," always on the GO. We often wondered whether Andy was domestic or international on any given weekend. The kids loved to go tubing with him at Lake Wylie. "Och" was the number one pick to share the tube on a daredevil ride with B-dot (granddaddy) at the helm. The beach at Pawleys Island, NC, was another favorite playground, passing the football with Lincoln, riding the waves--going out too far, mom and Hanna (grandmother) sprinting to the shore frantically waving their arms to get Andy's attention.
Spending Thanksgiving, Christmas, and vacations together with family was important to Andy. He and brother Mark met weekly to share a meal and countless times to watch sporting events. Mark will always remember Andy as his best friend.
Gray Walser: "For the past 37 years of my life there has been a new adventure everyday growing up with Andy. I always looked up to Andy as my brother, as a leader. He made sure everyone was happy. Andy would always remember to save me a seat wherever we went, that's just who Andy was. I have some of the most incredible memories for the rest of my life because Andy was my best friend. I loved him so much."
Bill Faulk: "Andy was my best friend and I thought of him as my brother…He enjoyed bringing people together…He was my safety net at social gatherings, reminding me who people were and laughing at me for forgetting their names. Andy knew exactly who he was and was true to himself… He was a part of every great childhood memory and he's a large part of the man I am today…I love him very much."
Brad Baker: "Andy was with me at every milestone of my life. He will stay with me far beyond the years he spent on this earth. He will continue to strengthen and encourage me. He will be a guiding light for the rest of my life."
Andy squeezed more out of his short thirty-nine years of life than most do in a lifetime. He was a gentle soul who never hurt anyone. His joy for living was shared with family and countless friends who can attest to his energy for living life to the fullest, smiling, laughing, joking. Andy, we miss you and love you.
In lieu of flowers, memorials can be made to the "Andy Banks Memorial Scholarship Fund" (North Carolina State University Wolfpack Club, PO Box 37100, Raleigh, NC 27627) and First United Methodist Church Gastonia "Weaving Campaign Building Fund," PO Box 218, Gastonia, NC 28053.
A celebration of Andy's life will be held at McLean Funeral Directors (masks required), 700 S New Hope Rd., Gastonia, NC, 28054, October 3, Saturday, at 2:00 pm. Visitation following the service. LINK for LIVE STREAMING: McLeanFuneralDirectors-Facebook.com.
Condolences may be sent online by visiting www.mcleanfuneral.com.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zerofoxgiven
Back