NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way, I received a very nice email from the officer to whom I sent the myspace link earlier. He thanked us (told him someone here had found the info). He said he has someone assigned to social media investigation and that they had turned up that site, but asked if we turn up anything else, to please let him know.

In the future, please remember that we must get approval from Tricia before mentioning we are from Websleuths. (Not sure that you did that - just wanted to take the opportunity to make everyone aware <3)

Word to the wise....please be careful whilst googling "Gothic fairy" ....oh my eyes.

How sad :-( What previous neighbors have been saying sure doesn't jibe with the 'concerned-involved-caring-stepmom' in the hearing aid video....I suppose that may have been an 'act' put on for the cameras.

Without a doubt! What kind of mom tries to spank a child so hard that she noticeably injures her hand on the prosthesis when she misses the leg/behind....or forces a child to walk on an uncomfy prosthesis and punishes her when she doesn't go fast enough?!? And if these are things people knew about -- what in God's name went on behind closed doors?

Makes my blood boil! OMG...why do these people do these things instead of just taking the child to social services and saying, "I just don't have the ability to parent...here, you take her." Go to a church and ask for help, for someone to babysit and give you a break if you need it. Any one of us would GLADLY have taken Zahra into our homes and hearts.

Doesn't it just make you feel like your head (and heart) will explode when you hear these things?!? :(

IMO.....I think that she's been gone for awhile and maybe before they moved to that house if no one has ever seen her. They've been there 3 months? My kids just started the school year 6 weeks ago.....it's possible :waitasec:
I definitely think when someone takes a child out of school and says they are going to be "home schooled" that regular follow ups need to be made to ensure that child is actually being home schooled....or in this case, is actually still alive. It seems to be an easy out that no one checks up on. MOO

I am with you on that 100%.

That- and no harm in please watching out for everyone elses kids. I know ya'll watch your own, but please notice the ones that don't show up where they should- the ones that aren't yours. You never know when it might make a difference.

The thank you button wasn't enough :)

Communities really need to step up and look after these precious children. I am positive all my WS friends here do this but pass the word on to everyone you know too. Children have got to be protected.

Possible aliases of EAB.. via www.USSEARCH.com
EA Allred
EA Fairchild
EA Harris
EA Proctor

Cities in NC;
Hudson
Hickory
Granite Falls
Vale
Cherryville
Lincolnton

I sure hope I can post that

Cherryville? Geez....that's where I live! Cherryville is a small town of about 6,000 city residents. We have local schools here in town....wonder if Zahra went to the elementary school here?

BTW, one thing I noticed today while watching the father this morning on TV with the Police Chief. Did anyone notice that when the dad broke down at the end of his interview and began to weep (which seemed heartbreaking, at the time), the Cop didn't reach out and comfort him? Most people would reach over and at least pat the dad on the back or give his arm a squeeze or something.....Nope, nada...didn't reach over at all. He just stood there and stared at him. Bad sign, imo.

I think the cops know this dad has something to do with this crime. Chief also refused to eliminate dad as a suspect....

Charles Rotenberry, a friend of the family, called police after finding a glove in the bushes near the Baker’s backyard.

“It had a bad smell to it and there was just red goo all in it,” he says.

http://www.wcnc.com/news/local/Search-warrant-reveals-new-details-in-Zahra-Baker-case-104736309.html

Elisa Baker is currently jail, on charges completely unrelated to Zahra's disappearance. However, police say her story doesn't add up and that she isn't cooperating with their investigation.

Does anyone have the link handy of the video of Zahra? If not, I will go back and look for it.

I was at work when it was posted and could not watch it.

TIA

How sad :-( What previous neighbors have been saying sure doesn't jibe with the 'concerned-involved-caring-stepmom' in the hearing aid video....I suppose that may have been an 'act' put on for the cameras.
I agree, what was said when Zahra received her hearing aid at the Charlotte Motor Speedway in May does seem to be entirely for the public's consumption portraying a kind, loving step-mother. It was a rather big event here and I remember reading about it then. Never in my wildest dreams would I think that just five months later I'd be posting about Zahra being missing........:cry: MOO

While I truely believe the SM and possibly the dad are responsible for whatever happened. The Haleigh case has shown me that there are groups and types of people who make decisions I can't fathom and have outcomes I can't relate to. Today there have been many variables with the boss, unknown associates, the drugs, the fire(s), at this point I am looking wider just because there isn't anything to go on, no searches, and no time-line worth anything IMO. I have very little doubt if there was an actual kidnapping with a ransom note we would know this much about it, but what if......mistaken identity, bad drug deal, or debt. If one has legal debt issues, one may also have illegal debt issues.

With no license and no insurance even if the SM had a car, it wasn't really hers by being registered etc. When was the last time she drove, did she still drive illegally all the time, if not who else in her life knows her plight.

In the future, please remember that we must get approval from Tricia before mentioning we are from Websleuths. (Not sure that you did that - just wanted to take the opportunity to make everyone aware <3)

I definitely didn't write it as if it were on behalf of websleuths. Just mentioned that the link had been posted at WS and provided that link and the link to the myspace page for him.

That's the only time I've ever contacted LE and probably never will again, but just to be safe, I'll run anything else past one of our mods before I send it. Thank you! :)

Police dogs smell remains at missing girl's house

By MITCH WEISS (AP) &#8211; 12 minutes ago
HICKORY, N.C. &#8212; Police dogs detected the smell of human remains on two cars at the home of a missing girl who has bone cancer and a prosthetic leg, a search warrant said Monday.
The document filed in a Hickory court didn't indicate that police found any remains in their search, which was conducted Sunday night. The warrant said the dogs detected the smell on a sedan and SUV belonging to the father and stepmother.
Earlier in the day, the police chief cast doubt on accounts by the father and stepmother of 10-year-old Zahra Clare Baker

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap...LWNY3lLWF2wqDQ34pAEwD9IPP3QO2?docId=D9IPP3QO2

This looks worse every time I check in. Would cadaver dogs hit on dried blood in the cars or would there have to have been a body?

Note found the night before & nobody checked the child! A $1million ransom to a family who lives in a modest, rented house? Excuse me, the Tooth Fairy is at my door......

Cadaver dogs hit on the blood from a deceased human. In order for a cadaver dog to make a hit in both cars, there had to have been human remains, blood, in each. moo mho

My bet is that drugs are heavily involved...the entire scenario is mixed up, sort of like how a person on drugs is. moo

Very early on in this case nursebeeme was upset that Zahra was not enrolled in school this September. Seems that she was home schooled...or was she? She was enrolled last year but not this September...have to ask why not. Guess now we have to ask if anyone saw Zahra the entire summer? moo mho

The thank you button wasn't enough :)

Communities really need to step up and look after these precious children. I am positive all my WS friends here do this but pass the word on to everyone you know too. Children have got to be protected.

I just had to add--- even teens need protected, my daughter has a 16yr friend whose mother just kicked him out. breaks my heart. (needless to say he slept on my floor that first night)

Worse by the minute.................

yes it it tehcloser. Horrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This case is a roller coaster already.

Praying for Zahra. I think she is gone. I hope she did not suffer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member