NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #31

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we discuss why on earth a man would send large sums of money to a woman in another country, whom he has never even met? Assuming, of course, he exists and isn't just a convenient way for said woman to explain how she suddenly comes up with large sums of money.

Theory 1: Online relationship.

Theory 2: Manipulation. Ill daughter, or self, no health insurance, etc.

Personally I'm leaning towards the former taking into account how she met AB. From experience, though it seems illogical, internet relationships can be very, very intense since the internet is generally your only mode of communication.

ITA. What was he like? Did he always find himself attracted to a certain type of person? Did he have a record in OZ? Where are his friends? I mean with the exception of a random post here or there, no one is telling us anything about him or standing up for him - nothing. That always makes me think something is being hid........KWIM?

Yes, it seems we know so much about Elisa but Adam is unknown.

I want to post his correct name and clear up the confusion the media has been perpetuating.

I'll sit tight until I know I am allowed to do this.

I have sluthed him in a 'certain' virtual world environment. Am sitting tight as well.

Theory 1: Online relationship.

Theory 2: Manipulation. Ill daughter, or self, no health insurance, etc.

Personally I'm leaning towards the former taking into account how she met AB. From experience though it seems illogical internet relationships can be very, very intense since the internet is generally your only mode of communication.

Possibly. But I'm leaning toward the notion that he had to have gotten something in return for his money. Call me a cynic.

Is Zahra going to get her own folder/ area ?

I believe said yesterday we are waiting to see how quickly people are charged, if anyone confesses, etc. Basically to see if this will be a long played out case or ended quickly.

Can we discuss why on earth a man would send large sums of money to a woman in another country, whom he has never even met? Assuming, of course, he exists and isn't just a convenient way for said woman to explain how she suddenly comes up with large sums of money.

I like the way you think, Mountain Kat.

South Caldwell High School

Hudson, NC

Class of 1986

Biography: I recently moved to Australia to get remarried on July 6th of this year. its been a ... read more

What???

Not certain I understand Sunset but EB's been married 3 times. If that wasn't your question just ignore me. ;)

Possibly. But I'm leaning toward the notion that he had to have gotten something in return for his money. Call me a cynic.

There have been many lonely women duped out of money from sweetheart scams. Just google the words.

I am sure there are many men as well, although they may not be as quick to report it to police. Much like female to male domestic violence.

Many men and women have found themselves the victim of a sweetheart scam, and the come from all backgrounds, races, ages, and education levels. Don't think you have to be incredibly nieve to fall for a sweetheart scam, or that it couldn't happen to you. No victim went into it thinking it could happen to them. These con artists are professionals, and often make these schemes their sole source of income! Most sweetheart scammers are pulling numerous scams at the same time with multiple victims! Almost every victim of a sweetheart scam has found out, after the con artist "disappeared" that they were not alone and that several others were being duped at the same time. The term "con" comes from the word "confidence". These people are only as good as their ability to make people believe them, trust them, fall in love with them, and give them money. The con artists in these sweetheart scams will either use a "quickie" scam to get short-term fast cash or the more elaborate scams, that take more time and often will even marry the victim! The time they will invest with each victim depends on how much they can get, and how fast, if ever, the victim begins to catch on. They will do, say, or promise you anything because they want you to trust them and believe in them so it is easier to part you with your money.

(much more)
http://www.dangersofinternetdating.com/sweetheartscams.htm

Is Zahra going to get her own folder/ area ?

The question regarding a forum for Zahra has been asked often and the last post regarding a forum is from , who indicated "we're discussing it".

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5737081&postcount=486"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community - View Single Post - NC NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #29[/ame]

So...is LE back at the Baker house this morning? Are there other searches going on? Can any local tell us what the weather is like? Hopefully LE will have good hunting today and Zahra will be found.

It's a sunny day!! Little cooler than the the earlier part of the week. I am going to shower and drive up that way. I have both my boys (oldest is out of school today). Gonna grab the stroller and see if anything is going on.

I'll take a couple of pictures and post them when we get back to the house.

O/T I bumped into a friend of mine from high school yesterday while Sherlock and I were up there. It really is a small town lol.

Well didn't AB send EB a plane ticket and he had never met her except for online in a game room? Anything is possible IMO.

ETA: We have heard already that a plane ticket to AU costs big money (a thousand dollars or more).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member