NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't think they found the prosthesis at the home but rather near a home that EB used to live - varying MSM reports on this though. Hadn't seen this description of Zahra's prosthesis before either but the reports were moving rather quickly.

It is hardly noticeable in most pictures but friends of Zahra describe her prosthetic leg as red titanium with a yellow and black knee joint and covered in foam

“We are trying to positively confirm that the leg is hers by the serial number," said Adkins.

The leg was found in a brushy area on Christy Road in Caldwell County Tuesday. Investigators weren't led here by chance. Chief Adkins say information was passed down to search teams about its whereabouts.

http://charlotte.news14.com/content...osthetic-leg-during-zahra-baker-investigation

Yeah, clearly they did NOT listen to the PC or do ANY fact checking because that isn't what was said, that wasn't where she had lived and there isn't even a house along the road where they found the leg....

Could it be the property ? Some counrty type areas are acres and acres, and it could be a possibility that the property line is there to the old house? Not sure how far the closest house is that you live in..

Editing my post....
I pulled up and mapped all of EB's addresses. The closest one to where the prosthetic leg was found would be either 4910 Burns Road address which is about 4.5 miles or 4010 Philip Lane which is maybe a little less. Investigators said they were up "Near" where she had used to live. During the PC he NEVER stated anything about it being on her property and that is likely because it was not even close to her property! Near where she used to live is a pretty broad term.

I would like to know how it ended up being out there as "on her property" as the HM states, it has been stated here over and over and so on.

Unless there is some information that I have completely missed then this is bad information.

I'm not aware of her ever living off of Christie Rd...but, what I could have missed it...(don't think so...but...)...anyway...I transcribed the presser from my DVR and posted it immediately after the presser; and no, they never said they found it near a previous residence: here's my transcription and a link to the presser, if anyone needs clarification. IMO, since this is coming straight from the "horses mouth"...I am going with what he said....

Police Chief:
Investigators have discovered a prosthetic leg, consistent with the description of Zahra Baker's left prosthesis. The prosthetic leg was discovered late yesterday afternoon, off Christy Road in Caldwell County. We are attempting to positively confirm the prosthetic leg is Zahra's by a serial number inside the outer cover. The prosthetic leg was originally fitted in Australia, it'll take sometime to confirm if it's hers. Investigators have also uncovered information that led search teams back to the family home in Hickory, where technicians are recovering additional pieces of evidence. The mattress that was discovered at the Foothills Environmental Landfill in Caldwell County yesterday is being tested for DNA but the results of those are not complete. The mattress was discovered by landfill workers outside the original search grid. We based that grid on information that we've had about the mattress that was placed in the landfill. Workers at the landfill have worked diligently, looking for anything that may assist in this investigation. They should be commended for their efforts. The investigative team has received outstanding support from the Caldwell county sheriff's office providing resources for additional search teams, and also securing search areas. We will continue to follow every lead and every tip we receive in hopes that we can come to some kind of conclusion to this investigation and bring peace to Zahra. (goes to questions / audience)
Yes, Dave (?) –

Q: The prosthetic leg that you found out there on Christy road; can you describe a little bit about what led you there and how the leg was found, buried…
A: Information provided to our investigative team led us to that area, the uhm…, prosthetic leg is consistent with what Zahra's would be like and that is was laying in a brushy area.

Q: (someone else) – was this…this was the area where a lot of trash had been dumped. Was it in with some other trash? Was it by itself? Or was it buried?
A: It was not buried.

Q: But it was in with some other trash?
A: It was not.

Q: Now did EB, because she did go into that area, and into that scene on Monday…did she point that out?
A: I cannot confirm that. Alright thank you.

Q: Wha…what about at the house…what were you looking for at the house…they seem to be sifting through some…looking for very small pieces of…(Police Chief interrupts and begins answering)
A: information led us to that house and we're looking for any piece of evidence that can help in this investigation.

The end…walks away!

Link to presser: http://www.wsoctv.com/video_legacy/25540794/index.html

Yeah, clearly they did NOT listen to the PC or do ANY fact checking because that isn't what was said, that wasn't where she had lived and there isn't even a house along the road where they found the leg....

The report doesn't say that the information is from the press conference; it could have come from a later interview with Deal. The source for the information is the Associated Press, which is known carefully to vett its content. Could be erroneous, but there it is.

Actually when I was either looking at Google Maps or Bing maps the other day there was a shot (it may have been old) and there were 2 trailer houses just beyond that road at one time. Now like I said it may have been an old image but they were there ... at one time.

Editing my post....
I pulled up and mapped all of EB's addresses. The closest one to where the prosthetic leg was found would be either 4910 Burns Road address which is about 4.5 miles or 4010 Philip Lane which is maybe a little less. Investigators said they were up "Near" where she had used to live. During the PC he NEVER stated anything about it being on her property and that is likely because it was not even close to her property! Near where she used to live is a pretty broad term.

I would like to know how it ended up being out there as "on her property" as the HM states, it has been stated here over and over and so on.

Unless there is some information that I have completely missed then this is bad information.

I managed to come up with an hours drive going past a couple of her previous addresses.

RE: The Burns Road address, can it be confirmed as a residence or could it be the Church with Cemetery?

If it is the Church I would then ask, does she have family members buried there? Not suggesting anything other than if EB were the driver she may have stopped there for a while or often.

Link: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...35.829505,-81.3941&spn=0.099511,0.222988&z=13

All waypoints except "B" are previous residence for EB as per upload from AgathaWannaBe

any locals know what LE is doing today?
Where and if they are searching?

Could it be the property ? Some counrty type areas are acres and acres, and it could be a possibility that the property line is there to the old house? Not sure how far the closest house is that you live in..

Yep, completely familiar with what you mean. The problem is that the closest addresses she had in that area are over 4 miles away (and there are a lot of houses in between, so not possible to be a BIG piece of property).

She was taken from jail to show LE where the prosthetic leg was - how could she know where the leg was and not where the child is?

This point is driving me crazy!

I managed to come up with an hours drive going past a couple of her previous addresses.

RE: The Burns Road address, can it be confirmed as a residence or could it be the Church with Cemetery?

If it is the Church I would then ask, does she have family members buried there? Not suggesting anything other than if EB were the driver she may have stopped there for a while or often.

Link: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...35.829505,-81.3941&spn=0.099511,0.222988&z=13

All waypoints except "B" are previous residence for EB as per upload from AgathaWannaBe

I am going to take a guess and say the church address is on Ebenezer Church Road and not Burns Road, just because of the name. Will go see if I can verify that.

Yep, the church address is
5145 EBENEZER CHURCH ROAD, GRANITE FALLS

IIRC EB mother died and EB said something about missing her mother on FB.
Her mother told her not to trust relatives or friends.........IIRC
So where is mother buried???? In that cemetary???

I was searching around and found this MSNBC article from 10/11.

"A reporter saw what appeared to be remnants of clothes among burned branches from the fire at the house."

??? Has this been echoed anywhere else? It just struck me because I personally haven't seen this mentioned before.

I was searching around and found this MSNBC article from 10/11.

"A reporter saw what appeared to be remnants of clothes among burned branches from the fire at the house."

??? Has this been echoed anywhere else? It just struck me because I personally haven't seen this mentioned before.

Good point. That's the only mention I've seen of it, and it came early in the case.

Places EB has lived ...

http://viewofhouse.com/?place=3330+Cedar+Valley+Rd.+Granite+Falls,+NC&r=e

http://viewofhouse.com/?place=161+Shoal+RD.+Lincolnton+NC.&r=e

http://viewofhouse.com/?place=2680+Wildlife+Rd.+Vale,+NC&r=e

http://viewofhouse.com/?place=21+21st+Ave+NW,+Hickory,+NC+28601&r=e

http://viewofhouse.com/?place=4910+Burns+Rd.+Granite+Falls+NC.&r=e

Note: you may have to spin the map around to find exact location.

I have to run or I would post links to all. Maybe someone else can finish it?? My hubby is waiting for me in the truck. lol.

2490 Helton Rd. Granite Falls NC.
4010 Phillip Lane Hudson NC
Hilltop Rd. Lincolnton NC.
114 Camelot Drive, Granite Falls, NC.
303 Dixon Dairy Rd. Kings Mountain NC.
832 First ST. Kings Mountain NC.
233 32ND ST PL SW Hickory NC
3330 Ester Lane Hudson NC.

I think I have an idea--could someone tell me definitively the name of that church? I can look myself, but haven't been following the gegraphy/maps very closely, and suspect someone knows this info offhand?

TIA

passionflower, do you think she would leave the child in a cemetary?

She was taken from jail to show LE where the prosthetic leg was - how could she know where the leg was and not where the child is?

This point is driving me crazy!

Was that why they brought her there? Or did they want her to see if she could identify the prosthetic?

I think I have an idea--could someone tell me definitively the name of that church? I can look myself, but haven't been following the gegraphy/maps very closely, and suspect someone knows this info offhand?

TIA

It's the Ebenezer United Methodist Church.

Yep, the church address is
5145 EBENEZER CHURCH ROAD, GRANITE FALLS

Maybe they should check out this church abd cenetary she used the alias Church at one time. Might mean something. who knows just a thought!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member