NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #34

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have explained to Tricia correctly how I am related to KB > AB > Z

KB is a close relative, very close but not immediate.

Netsleuther, I believe you are trying to find the truth. I hope you do. We would all like to know, what was Adam like BEFORE EB? Any past marriages? Criminal Record? We aren't trying to make him the bad guy, but he isn't exactly helping his image.

BBM...

Looks like Dubs was assigned before EB was declared indigent.

According to this article from 10/23 - http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2010/oct/23/dubs-defend-elisa-baker-ar-478734/

"Lisa Dubs confirmed Friday that she has been assigned to Baker’s case as provisional counsel. According to court records, Dubs’ role is to “Conduct a preliminary investigation, determine if the defendant is indigent and needs appointed counsel, and protect the defendant’s rights pending appointment of trial counsel. North Carolina’s Indigent Defense Services Director and Capital Defender Robert M. Hurley assigned Dubs to Baker’s case Monday."
I wouldnt think they just assign those lawyers with a just in case clause they are on a budget after all.
So...

IMO they plan on seeking the death penalty. By those lawyers I mean the ones at the capital defenders office. Who are death penalty qualified.

Can you tell us something of Adam's early life before EB? Would you feel comfortable doing that?

I thought I did in an earlier post. Do you have distant relatives, pick one and imagine they have just lost their baby girl....you take it personal, family is family and we are family.

I never grew up with AB and am not going to speculate how he grew up and with respect to AB and KB, trust me when I say I am not here to be intrusive towards our family, any of them but to me, my father, my mother and my sister (I won't extend the family tree beyond) but our tears are looking for Z not looking for ways to see if AB can hurt his baby.

Until facts are made clear, I am on AB's team...thanks for understanding. If that's unwelcomed then so be it, I am here :)

I thought I did in an earlier post. Do you have distant relatives, pick one and imagine they have just lost their baby girl....you take it personal, family is family and we are family.

I never grew up with AB and am not going to speculate how he grew up and with respect to AB and KB, trust me when I say I am not here to be intrusive towards our family, any of them but to me, my father, my mother and my sister (I won't extend the family tree beyond) but our tears are looking for Z not looking for ways to see if AB can hurt his baby.

Until facts are made clear, I am on AB's team...thanks for understanding. If that's unwelcomed then so be it, I am here :)

Thank you for being so up front and honest. I am so sorry for all that you and your family are going through with the loss of Z This must be very difficult for you. My thoughts and prayers are with you and yours.

I wouldnt think they just assign those lawyers with a just in case clause they are on a budget after all.
So...

IMO they plan on seeking the death penalty. By those lawyers I mean the ones capital defenders office. Who are death penalty qualified.

Soul, I think even if it weren't a certainty at the time, it was probably a reasonable anticipation since Zahra was missing, EB confessed to the ransom note and refused to cooperate in finding her.

Interestingly, here is an article about the murder trial for which Dubs missed a hearing in order to appear on EB's behalf. It gives an idea of how she operates (at least in that case):

http://www.gastongazette.com/news/mead-52012-johnson-venue.html

So, IF (stressing the IF) she were faking being pregnant, wonder what the culmination of that scam would have been?

Fake it for attention? Attention because she's "pregnant" and then attention when she "miscarries" the pregnancy?

Fake it to try to hold on to her husband? (Or to hold on to someone else who she thought was moving on from her but from whom she hadn't moved on?)

Attempt to fake it right up to delivery (which would happen when she was alone, naturally) and have some babies lined up to pass off as her own?

Again, this is just some out-there "what-iffing" based on what NCMOM had been told about a fake pregnancy.

I would think it's attention that she was seeking. They were arguing alot and I can imagine him shouting something like "I should just go back to Australia"

EB did not have her next 'victim' in place yet and so I bet all she would be thinking about was 'how will the rent get paid?' or 'No sir, I am NOT going to be shown up like this!'

So, she fakes a pregnancy. Not just a REGULAR one...but twins! (Isn't SHE so special?)

UGH!

And lies that Zahra has begun menstruating to 'cover herself'...

I speculate that Adam, allowing the women in his life to take primary care a Zahra wouldn't dream of doubting her story.

Don't you find the timing to be bizarre not to mention creepy? They weren't getting married when Zahra first went missing so it isn't like all the plans were in place, so why do that while this is going on?

I don't find the wedding bizzare and wish the happy couple all the best, I don't know those people and if they have been planning a wedding then good luck to them.

I haven't worried about looking into the wedding other than it could be true love, I would think detaching yourself from a past with EB and moving on would be an improvement beyond that in regards to their wedding I have no interest.

Oh I understand, I would have great trouble believing any of my relatives could be involved in something like this and I would stick up for them as well. It's not unwelcome on my behalf.

I just wondered if you rode your bikes together, climbed trees, cruised in your cars, etc. just that sort of thing. Just trying to picture Adam growing up. It seems there is plenty out there on Elisa but not much on Adam. Not trying to be intrusive so I'm sorry if it seemed that way.

Soul, I think even if it weren't a certainty at the time, it was probably a reasonable anticipation since Zahra was missing, EB confessed to the ransom note and refused to cooperate in finding her.

Interestingly, here is an article about the murder trial for which Dubs missed a hearing in order to appear on EB's behalf. It gives an idea of how she operates (at least in that case):

http://www.gastongazette.com/news/mead-52012-johnson-venue.html

She is going to have a heard time sorting thought the comments of this case .

Anyway there is a picture of her at this link.

http://http://www.gastongazette.com/news/mead-52012-johnson-venue.html?plckFindCommentKey=CommentKey:e672adf3-9618-4840-b326-3d124282bd37#slComments&plckFindCommentKey=CommentKey:414030d3-7085-46d3-a6d6-1d10039fd2d2&plckFindCommentKey=CommentKey:414030d3-7085-46d3-a6d6-1d10039fd2d2&plckFindCommentKey=CommentKey:2e468e30-d5e3-4ca6-8996-c37f093d3418

Netsleuther, I can't begin to imagine the agony this must be for your family. I know I myself have speculated about AB's involvement with Zahra's disappearance. It has been just that, speculation, as I have no idea what the truth is here.

Really, we all just want Zahra found so she can go home. My prayers for Zahra, you and her family at this horrible time.

Perfectly understandable, Netsleuther. I'm heartsick over what you and your family members must be going through right now. For my part, I hope nothing I type here adds to your pain in any way...that's certainly not my intent. I'm just trying to reason out what might have happened to this wonderful child. I hope you'll keep that in mind if I say anything about AB that causes you hurt or offense.

I would think it's attention that she was seeking. They were arguing alot and I can imagine him shouting something like "I should just go back to Australia"

EB did not have her next 'victim' in place yet and so I bet all she would be thinking about was 'how will the rent get paid?' or 'No sir, I am NOT going to be shown up like this!'

So, she fakes a pregnancy. Not just a REGULAR one...but twins! (Isn't SHE so special?)

UGH!

And lies that Zahra has begun menstruating to 'cover herself'...

I speculate that Adam, allowing the women in his life to take primary care a Zahra wouldn't dream of doubting her story.
Then she isolates Zahra away from her own father?
So she doesnt tell on her. Also this would imply AB was ready to move on and not wanting to help hide his daughters body.
We should have a poll.
I am really on the fence about Adam. If it apears I am taking sides it is only because I like to circle arround every option . Never take me to buffet.

I don't find the wedding bizzare and wish the happy couple all the best, I don't know those people and if they have been planning a wedding then good luck to them.

I haven't worried about looking into the wedding other than it could be true love, I would think detaching yourself from a past with EB and moving on would be an improvement beyond that in regards to their wedding I have no interest.

I'd agree except for the fact that he does not appear 'detached' at all. He was involved in family functions and they communicated on social networking sites.
He apparantly was VERY involved with Zahra.

Other than that...and how odd it is, especially if she did indeed report him to DSS, I wish them the best too!

Thank you for being so up front and honest. I am so sorry for all that you and your family are going through with the loss of Z This must be very difficult for you. My thoughts and prayers are with you and yours.

Thanks, I am so sorry for all that KB is going through and AB's dad with having to face the loss of Z. My thoughts are with Z and her dad. If people are willing to pray for Z and her family, until facts are known Z's family is AB mostly and if he has derailed somehow while living with EB, KB will want to know about it.

I promise I am not trying to interfere but trying to help. I even sat up one night helping KB reinstall windows while trying to do it with no internet connect looking for updates, this is similar, I will help KB anytime.

My emotion is focussed on finding Z and the truth and as someone else has mentioned in this thread which I prefer to rephrase;

I don't mean for any of my words to seem passive but my ambition to help might seem passive but with respect.

I'd agree except for the fact that he does not appear 'detached' at all. He was involved in family functions and they communicated on social networking sites.
He apparantly was VERY involved with Zahra.

Other than that...and how odd it is, especially if she did indeed report him to DSS, I wish them the best too!

Who hit me up with some links. here or there or somewhere.

I think a certain number of posts have to be made before the PM function is available to new posters? Seems like I've seen that mentioned before.

I'm thinking that may the problem. I've read almost obsessively nearly every post on every thread but have talked very little. Everyone here is so knowledgeable and on top of things that I usually feel like someone has already covered anything that I might have to add.

Netsleuther, I believe you are trying to find the truth. I hope you do. We would all like to know, what was Adam like BEFORE EB? Any past marriages? Criminal Record? We aren't trying to make him the bad guy, but he isn't exactly helping his image.

I would like to echo these sentiments.

I cannot imagine having the ability to read the things being written here, no matter how diplomatically or analytically stated as they maybe, without feeling attacked, judged, or just plain hurt.

I don't envy your position, and I am well aware that I am one of the very vocal posters stating my belief that Adam is unfortunately involved in a way that goes far beyond being naive.

Having had a child molestor marry into my family, a mother that was mentally ill/substance abuse/physically abusive. and myself marrying into a family that had a spousal murder I do want to say I understand how painful it is to have it happen inside your family circle. And how exponential the pain is when the victim of the family member (in law or biological) is another family member. The loss is compounded in a ways that are unexplainable if you haven't been there.

If the allegations turn out to be true please do know no one thinks that it is a reflection on your family as a whole, or that it instantly erases the good things this person(s) has brought to your life.

TOTAL SPECULATION ~Not knowing exactly when in that 2 week period Zahra *disappeared*..what if (according to NCMOM's info) EB disclosed the supposed double bundle news to AB after she did whatever it is that I believe she did to Zahra...something like that could possibly convince him to go along with a cover-up and disposal...

NCMOM, you said that you heard that he was under that impression before EB was arrested...any ideas on when he 'supposedly' found out?..like if she 'told' him during that 2 wk. period..

Have NO IDEA if any of this is true, but it's one of the 1st things that actually make any sense to me..when I read that, I had a terrible sinking feeling..idk..

OK, I can't do anymore tonight. My husband is already mad at me. He does not get why I want to be on this forum because it is so depressing. If Z was my daughter, I would hope that the community would be trying to find her. I can't let her down, I just can't.

Who hit me up with some links. here or there or somewhere.

I think even though he was mentioned by one of our verified locals tonight, since it wasn't MSM, we probably still can't actually link to his FB or go beyond what was mentioned by our local. Not sure how that works, but better safe than sorry! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member