NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct. 2010 #36

Status
Not open for further replies.
The grey car cover... did any locals note where it came from? Was it pulled out from the crawl space? Or did they take it out of the house?

Also, has AB logged into his site since this afternoon's excitement?

That's odd. I've seen log in info before, but now it doesn't even seem to have that on there. Can you block log in times from view? :waitasec:

A Catawba County grand jury handed down an indictment Monday against Elisa Baker, charging that she “unlawfully, willfully and feloniously did with deceit and intent to defraud a police investigation, obstruct justice by constructing and placing a false ransom letter and reporting an abduction of her step-daughter, Zarah Baker.”

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2010/nov/01/elisa-baker-indicted-obstruction-charge-ar-502190/

sooo it IS CATAWBA.... mystery solved!

Good, now that they've got her on that God speed getting her on the rest and anyone else that was involved.

Charges levelled in what county? maybe they are basing it on where the leg was found? I dunno.

ETA NM TY Mrs G

Appears they like to alter the rental properties. Doubt upgrading. IMO, Adam sure is handy around the house.

I think PunKn or sherlock told us about reciprocating saws going into the house last week during intenstive search of home. Which would be the appropriate tool for tearing into walls, etc.

Wondering if reporters just didn't know appropriate term for the saws?

BBM: That would be my guess because the pictures they was showing did not show any CHAINsaws that I seen.....JMO

did anyone else figure out yet why the obstruction of justice charge is in caldwell county when it was written in catawba?

((my blonde head is spinning with all of the locations!))

I am super working on this and hope to have a clear explanation soon... but from this Explanation of the NC Judicial System, I gather that...

because EB is facing a felony charge (obstruction of justice),
her case will end up in Superior Court,
and Caldwell, Catawba and Burke felony cases all go to the 7th Div of the Superior Court,
so MAYBE they all share a grand jury???

"Criminal. The criminal jurisdiction of the district court is less complicated. Because felony cases must
be tried in the superior court, the district court has authority in those cases only to conduct preliminary
hearings to determine whether there is probable cause to bind the defendant over to the grand jury for
indictment to stand trial in superior court."

ETA: AAAAAaaaaaaahhhhggghhh!!! Ynot :runaway: from grand jury research :treadmill: and gets a :40__s:

In NC it depends on where the crime occurred, or where report is filed... at least when I lived there a few years ago.

Would the charges be filed where there found the leg ?

I ask this because if on her trip out to the location where they found the leg she had told them a few more lies and restated her story to the investigators and then signed a statement of her lies. Excluding the note. But if she was still saying kippapers and ect. She would then be charged in whatever country to retold misleading information in.

In NC it depends on where the crime occurred, or where report is filed... at least when I lived there a few years ago.

OT--Coolmom, my two kitties say hi to your kitty! They look like they might be long-lost siblings!

And all I can say about NC grand juries is, I am glad I don't have to think about them very often! :banghead:

has wsoctv run their evening news yet? If so will it be accessible on their webpage? The teasers have me not wanting to miss it.

A Catawba County grand jury handed down an indictment Monday against Elisa Baker, charging that she “unlawfully, willfully and feloniously did with deceit and intent to defraud a police investigation, obstruct justice by constructing and placing a false ransom letter and reporting an abduction of her step-daughter, Zarah Baker.”

http://www2.hickoryrecord.com/news/2010/nov/01/elisa-baker-indicted-obstruction-charge-ar-502190/

sooo it IS CATAWBA.... mystery solved!

There it is! Thanks nursie!

I see a charge in connection to the homicide of Zahra coming in the future. More than likely near future the way LE has handled this...thank goodness!

Justice for Zahra! JMHO.

Would the charges be filed where there found the leg ?

I ask this because if on her trip out to the location where they found the leg she had told them a few more lies and restated her story to the investigators and then signed a statement of her lies. Excluding the note. But if she was still saying kippapers and ect. She would then be charged in whatever country to retold misleading information in.

Interesting question. I suppose the leg being in that area is in itself not a crime. It would have been dumped during/after the crime. But what you're asking about the storytelling/lying etc and she leads them there and they find it? I have no idea. Really confusing!

I think PunKn or sherlock told us about reciprocating saws going into the house last week during intenstive search of home. Which would be the appropriate tool for tearing into walls, etc.

Wondering if reporters just didn't know appropriate term for the saws?

I think both your points are exactly right.

Hi, posters!

Please keep your posts on-topic!

(If you see a reminder like this and ask yourself, "What off-topic posts? I didn't see any!", that's because we removed them, not because we are nuts.)

5:30 update video from wsoctv.

The work they are doing this week has nothing to do with information obtained from either EB or AB. They have not talked to EB since they took her on the field trip last week. They have not talked to AB since he was released from jail.

http://www.wsoctv.com/video/25597830/index.html

wsoc tv did say chainsaws I heard it also and they also said that part of the drywall was taken for evidence today also. Their website is not updated yet so I will say .... jmo :)

They just told it again and said "chainsaws and other equipment." It looked like an axe they were carrying in while they were saying that.

ty hoppy! wow, just saw footage of the equipment being hauled in. MOO, they found lots of evidence of drywall being either repainted and or replaced. My bet, cleaned and then repainted.

Also on Monday, Elisa Baker, the stepmother of Zahra Baker, was indicted by a Catawba County Grand Jury on an obstruction of justice charge related to the investigation of the missing girl.

As she was being indicted in one county, Elisa Baker appeared in court in Burke County on Monday afternoon to face a felony larceny charge unrelated the 10-year-old girl's disappearance. No evidence was presented in that case and it was continued until Dec. 6 when Baker will have to be back in Burke County Court.

http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=13297637

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member