NC - Zahra Clare Baker, 10, Hickory, 9 Oct 2010 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Coffeys don't live nearby. I don't know what EB was up to, but my best guess is that she thought she'd throw investigators off her tail because "those dumb kidnappers didn't even have the right house!" or something.

I don't think he was at work...wasn't this fire at 4-5am??

Just before 6, and my understanding was he was gone and back from work and in the yard for sometime for the 2pm Zahra is missing call.

I think that is normal hours for landscaping and construction guys. My mom shacked up with a construction guy for awhile and he left at 430 am and was home before I got home from school most days.

. One of those leads was a call from Rachel Freeman, who lives one mile from the area where investigators were searching on Tuesday night. Freeman told police she smelled something outside her home. "I want them to find it. I'm very concerned about her. We've smelled it since Sunday. It was real bad last night,” Freeman said. But police said they didn't find anything around Freeman’s home. The area is less than a mile from where officers conducting a massive search Tuesday night for Zahra on property where police said her father had access to a wood chipper.

http://www.wsoctv.com/news/25368912/detail.html

That is very interesting indeed. A bad smell from what I wonder. I hope these tips help LE find this evidence.

The Tahoe SUV is currently at a local business under going "smell reduction" through the use of an Ozone type air cleaner. They are apparently trying to eliminate of get rid of some of the gasoline smell so they can work better within the vehicle.

Search dogs/cadaver dogs are out at the former residence in the Sawmills community. This info is from a resident of the area.

Wood chipper is being looked at piece by piece by forensic teams from SBI.

The NC SBI is being extremely careful in evidence collection and examination as well as lab work after the report of incomplete lab work and with holding of complete lab results and evidence to defense lawyers.

DA as advised LE to be thorough in lite of blunders of the Anderson murder case in Caldwell County a few years ago.

SO LE has reason to be very thorough in investigation, evidence collection, and crime scene investigation especially in the use of cadaver dogs.

409, thank you for this update and for sticking with WS.

The "smell reduction" makes sense in light of what we've learned in the Anthony case at least--extraneous chemicals can overwhelm a decomp signal and provide a false negative.

.Channel 9 spoke with Reilly and prosecutors about the case on Wednesday afternoon. "She is scared to death. She's worried if her family is out here and she is still emotional. It's scary coming out here and seeing all the court reporters and courtroom of people who are so much against her right now," Reilly said. Riley also said Baker feels she is being railroaded by police. "She says she is not a killer had nothing to do with this whatsoever and that she has tried to cooperate with police, and that she loves her daughter," Reilly said."I know this is a very emotional time for law enforcement. The community is upset. We have a high degree of faith that law enforcement is going to solve this case. It’s going to be a high priority for the DA’s office when they do,” said District Attorney Jay Gaither. Scott Reilly told Chanel 9 that they could have a bond hearing as early as Monday. Police released very little information Wednesday but Channel 9 could saw investigators at several locations back searching in Burke County north of Morganton, running down possible leads.One of those leads was a call from Rachel Freeman, who lives one mile from the area where investigators were searching on Tuesday night. Freeman told police she smelled something outside her home. "I want them to find it. I'm very concerned about her. We've smelled it since Sunday. It was real bad last night,” Freeman said. But police said they didn't find anything around Freeman’s home. The area is less than a mile from where officers conducting a massive search Tuesday night for Zahra on property where police said her father had access to a wood chipper.

That just disturbs me. Deeply. Thank you anyway darlingal.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask - but does anyone know what COLOR Zahra's hearing aids were? I've noticed in several photos that she has something red in her ear. Just wondering if it's her hearing aid or not. From what I can gather, they are normally flesh toned. Is this right?
You can get them in many colors.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask - but does anyone know what COLOR Zahra's hearing aids were? I've noticed in several photos that she has something red in her ear. Just wondering if it's her hearing aid or not. From what I can gather, they are normally flesh toned. Is this right?

BTE hearing instruments come in a wide variety of colors. The earmolds and tubing are also offed in a wide array of colors.

You can get hearing aides in pretty much and color you want- same goes for the ear molds.
My daughter use to have pink and purple ones.

That is very interesting indeed. A bad smell from what I wonder. I hope these tips help LE find this evidence.

Per WSOC 5:00 news...
They showed a video of the woman that reported the odor. They also said the area was searched and nothing was found. Said they searched 3 areas in Burke county today.

This is the first time I heard this, if it's common knowledge on the thread, just nevermind me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZqXxshSjaw&feature=player_embedded

It is reported that video tape from surrounding businesses are being looked at. JFYI if you didn't know.

TY for bringing this forward! I read this report this morning and thought to myself, Good!, LE has video from surrounding businesses which will help with a timeline. However, this thread is moving so quickly that I cannot keep up. By the time my posts show up, it is 5 or 10 pages later.

At the very least, these video tapes should reflect vehicle traffic in the area during the reported time of the abduction. Perhaps LE has insight of the dad & SM's travels that we don't know about.

MOO

wm

Burke County police and K-9 teams are back searching several different locations on Wednesday for the missing 10-year-old, Zahra Baker.

Zahra's father was out at the scene Tuesday night, but the sheriff also told Eyewitness News that he thinks the father isn't being "cooperative" or "sincere."

KDKA.com
"Stepmom showed NO EMOTION today"

according to this, the wood chipper is being taken apart piece by piece by forensic team.............

They must really be pretty sure there's evidence in there. I feel sorry for the owner of the equipment/property and any of his other employees/families who are affected by this. These are tough economic times, and for a small business to have a key piece of equipment taken out of commission (and probably have access to the entire equipment lot restricted as well) is going to cost him and his employees (probably all or most being hourly employees) some significant income, especially given the autumn timing. Their loss will obviously be minor compared to the loss of Zahra's life, but at a time when many people are losing their homes due to reduced income, it could really have an effect. I hate to think of some child whose daddy barely supports the family by doing landscape maintenance work, not getting enough to eat this week, because of a child murderer who's sitting in jail refusing to talk. These are the trickle-down effects of crime.

Just before 6, and my understanding was he was gone and back from work and in the yard for sometime for the 2pm Zahra is missing call.

I think that is normal hours for landscaping and construction guys. My mom shacked up with a construction guy for awhile and he left at 430 am and was home before I got home from school most days.

He was home when the fire broke out. I posted a link a few posts back.

He left around 11 that morning to check on a job he said. He returned around 2 and that is when mom came out in a panic, screaming....he looked around for her and then called police. That is what he said on GMA.

Something has been bothering me about the "ransom note". Wouldn't LE ask EB and AB if there were any children living with them? The note was on their property. Seems to me that would be a routine question. I am not bashing LE at all... just wondering how it didn't come up there was a child living with them and maybe someone needed to go check on that child. Unless EB and AB had been living that lie for so long. UGGHH this case makes my head and heart hurt. Thats all..back to reading along

Zahar has always had the same name.

ty for posting. It is kinda what I figured from the first of this story. This baby has been failed by so many starting with her "parents" and I put " parents" in quotes because NO PARENT treats a child this way :( Or allows them to be :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member