Found Deceased ND - Breeanna Nicole Ward, 27, Facebook appears to be being updated by someone other than Breeanna, has family in MT, Williston, 25 Feb 2024

1711013797441.png
“We are still extremely hopeful,” said Ward’s sister, Chelsey Francis.

Francis lives in Jamestown but has traveled back and forth to Williston several times since Ward disappeared to talk with her sister’s acquaintances, put up missing posters, work with investigators and search for signs of Ward.

“I know my sister isn’t perfect. No one is. She still deserves the same care and respect as everyone else. It is unfair and unacceptable that she shouldn’t get the same attention,” Francis said.

Francis acknowledges that her sister had “an imperfect past,” but said when she last spoke with Ward on Feb. 20, she sounded good.

“There was clarity, which she only had when she was clean and sober. Her demeanor was connected and clear. She had started working again,” Francis said.

Ward grew up in Amarillo, Texas before moving to Fairview, Mont. in 2011. She graduated from Fairview High School in 2014.

Her history includes substance misuse as well as theft of property and shoplifting charges. Despite this, her history also includes multiple attempts at sobriety, including a stint from 2019-2022. Ward’s sister, Chelsey Francis of Jamestown, N.D., said her sister was working to get back into rehabilitation.

“Please share, share, share, “ said Ward’s cousin, Shelby Brady, also 27, of Amarillo, Texas. “Share on social media. Share with family and friends. If we can keep Breeanna top of mind, perhaps someone will feel safe enough to share whatever information they know.”

To encourage the safe return of their loved one, the family is hoping to raise money for a reward. The goal is to raise $5,000,

Sad update.

Williston Police Department North Dakota

9h ·
Williston Police Department Investigating Unattended Death.

On May 12, 2024, at approximately 1:44 p.m., the Williston Police Department was dispatched to the 400 Block of 11th Ave W for a report of an unresponsive person who was believed to be deceased. Upon arrival, officers confirmed the presence of a deceased individual matching the description of Breeanna Ward, who was reported missing on February 28, 2024. Preliminary indicators suggest that the deceased individual is Breeanna Ward, however positive identification has yet to be made.

The investigation into the circumstances surrounding this individuals death is currently ongoing. The Williston Police Department is working diligently to gather all relevant information and will provide updates as they become available.

Anyone with information pertaining to this case is urged to contact the Williston Police Department at 701.577.1212

Williston Police said they are still waiting on a positive identification.

However, on the Find Breeanna Ward Facebook page, those who manage the page said Ward is dead and include pictures that say "rest in peace" and "1996 to 2024."

"With heavy hearts on this Mother’s Day, we announce Breeanna’s passing," reads a posting on the Facebook page. "Authorities are investigating. We have no further info at this time. Kindly refrain from rumors and speculation. The best way to help the family is to share memories and/or condolences."

So sorry to hear this - I was hoping she'd just checked herself back into treatment for the addiction issues which were noted in the thread and her family stated she struggled with. One thing I noted when I read this update - the body was found "unresponsive" and declared deceased. So this is a recent death (as in very) and not something that occurred when she went missing in February, with her body now just being found. Body of missing Williston woman Breeanna Ward found Rest in Peace Breeanna.

Police say they’re awaiting positive identification, but the description of the body matches that of Breeanna Ward, 27. Ward was reported missing on February 28. Police say the body was found in an outbuilding. :(

So sorry to hear this - I was hoping she'd just checked herself back into treatment for the addiction issues which were noted in the thread and her family stated she struggled with. One thing I noted when I read this update - the body was found "unresponsive" and declared deceased. So this is a recent death (as in very) and not something that occurred when she went missing in February, with her body now just being found. Body of missing Williston woman Breeanna Ward found Rest in Peace Breeanna.
We aren't sure. The way it is worded by LE is vague and confusing. She could have been there the whole time for all we know.

Yeah, I noticed that too. Sounds more like she relapsed and just either wasn’t aware she was reported as missing or just wasn’t interested in making contact during this time. I believe it said her boyfriend was the one who reported her missing, but we don’t entirely understand the dynamic there and it seemed that they both struggled with substance abuse.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ulanov911
Back