Found Deceased ND - Savanna Lafontaine-Greywind, 22, pregnant, Fargo, 19 Aug 2017 #2 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the WDAy report, they said her body was "hung up on a log." http://www.wday.com/news/4318480-body-missing-fargo-woman-savanna-lafontaine-greywind-found Which way does the river run through there, from ND to MN or MN to ND? Or does it run along the border? That may be important if they think Savanna's body was moved by the river to that location. Though if the abandoned house is a crime scene, Savanna may have been put in right there, and immediately caught on the log. I absolutely hate writing this.

Can someone please link the local's post about this. Tia. End of thread 1.

About 5:44 p.m. Sunday, the kayakers reported finding a body-sized object wrapped in plastic in the river, hung up on a log near the 90th Avenue Northwest bridge, Fargo Police Chief David Todd told reporters during an impromptu news conference about a quarter mile east of the river in far north Moorhead.

About the same time the kayakers made their discovery, a search party was searching a nearby farmstead, Todd said.

“There are some suspicious items in that farmstead that lead us to believe that that may be a crime scene,” Todd said.

Law enforcement pulled the body from the river about 8:20 p.m., and the body was identified as that of LaFontaine-Greywind about 9:20 p.m., the chief said.

http://www.inforum.com/news/4318480-body-missing-fargo-woman-savanna-lafontaine-greywind-found

BBM. I hope there is tons of evidence there to keep those two reprehensible suspects locked up.

Is it already known whether the farmstead where the suspicious items were found is in ND or MN?

Local police have postponed the Press Conference after the discovery of Savanna LaFontaine-Greywind.

The conference is believed to be rescheduled until at least Monday afternoon.

We will keep you updated as we learn a new date and time.

http://www.wday.com/news/4318529-pr...d-after-discovery-savanna-lafontaine-greywind

bbm Me too! "Unexpected circumstances" sounds very ominous. What could it be?

I guess it depends on if it's personal or professional?
Family emergency, officer emergency, another scene needing priority....
I don't see anything in the local news to explain it... definitely hope everyone is okay.

Does anyone know if these two pieces of ***** are going to be in court today and what time?

Since the LE is holding press conference in the afternoon, I would think there will be more charges coming for them!!!

TIA!

JUSTICE for SAVANNA! :rose:

So grateful Savanna has been found.

Grateful and heartbroken. I knew she wouldn't be alive but deep inside there was some tiny beacon of hope I was holding onto. Maybe as a young mother I sympathize more so with her, and for all that was taken from her so, so unfairly. RIP Savanna, no justice could ever come close to making any of this right again. [emoji17]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RIP Savanna :( when I saw all the police activity before I went to sleep I knew I'd wake up to this, I can't imagine what her boyfriend and family must be going through rn [emoji22]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am so sorry for the loss of this beautiful young woman and Mother. My thoughts and prayers to her family and friends. Thank you to all those who searched to bring Savanna home and never giving up. May Justice for Savanna be swift.

I knew she couldn't be alive... but I wanted to believe she'd come home and be able to raise her baby girl. I want to know WHY?! Clearly this wasn't your run of the mill desperate for a child type of woman. As has already been addressed this was very different.

I certainly hope there hasn't been some other tragedy preventing his holding the press conference tonight. Ugh.

Perhaps one or both of them committed suicide after finding out she was found, despite the fact they quit talking when asked where she was. I hope not--that would be too easy. I want them to face the wrath and consequences they deserve.

Perhaps one or both of them committed suicide after finding out she was found, despite the fact they quit talking when asked where she was. I hope not--that would be too easy. I want them to face the wrath and consequences they deserve.

That is a possibility.

Or one of them started talking when Savanna was found, to blame it on the other.

This is just so heartbreaking. Poor Savanna. May he family find peace in time and may her daughter live knowing her mother loved her very much. As for those responsible, hope they are miserable for the rest of their sorry lives.

Sent from my SM-T550 using Tapatalk

In the WDAy report, they said her body was "hung up on a log." http://www.wday.com/news/4318480-body-missing-fargo-woman-savanna-lafontaine-greywind-found Which way does the river run through there, from ND to MN or MN to ND? Or does it run along the border? That may be important if they think Savanna's body was moved by the river to that location. Though if the abandoned house is a crime scene, Savanna may have been put in right there, and immediately caught on the log. I absolutely hate writing this.
The river is basically the border between the states.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

thanks extended to all of you who were able to be here during the search and recovery efforts last night. I feel awful that I let my exhaustion drag me to bed. To wake to this news has hit me hard, even though it is not unexpected. it does take away any last bit of hope anyone many have had, but now we move on to getting the Justice Savanna deserves... :rose:

This one has really gotten to me. I had some stupid delusional hope that she was still alive waiting to be found!

I am sitting here alone in tears...my husband and kids are all asleep and all I can do is keep wiping away burning hot tears. I didn't even know this girl but I hoped so hard that she would get to go home and hold her little girl.

Beautiful Savanna....rest in peace.

:hug: you have a good and kind heart, dear bradfordsleuth. At least you had WS to share your deeply emotional pain.

I don't know what to write...overwhelmed with sadness...

Sent from my VK815 using Tapatalk

i am with you ... words will never be enough to express the monumental sadness, anger, pain, disgust, ..... and condolences.

Savanna
:rose:

You've been found. All we've been praying for.

I am wIth my Native American Lakotas tonight. We have had a big beautiful fire going for you all night with Carlos Nakai playing all night. Been sending you prayers. Still on, fire and music. Gratefully putting the atlas away. We have a scroll here from 1895...

Margarita25, this is so very beautiful! Wonderful traditions with so much sentiment and belief. It brought me a bit of comfort to read this, though it broke my held back tears. :tears:

just so sad, beyond words here.

Thank you Margarita25

[video=youtube;Or--zjvO5Q0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Or--zjvO5Q0[/video]

Typically bodies are sent to the coroner in the county in which the body was found. Since savanna is being sent to A coroner in Minnesota (breaks my heart to type that)- I believe this means it can be a federal case since the crime crossed state lines and the prosecutors can seek the death penalty. IMO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's kind of poetic justice that Mother Nature (the river) carried her across state lines and that makes this a federal case which makes them eligible for the death penalty.

Even though I think we all knew eventually this would be the news, it's so heartbreaking to actually read it. Some cases get to me more than others and Savanna's is one of those. My heart just aches for her family and her BF and her precious daughter that will never get the chance to know her mama. There's just no amount of evidence in the abandoned farmstead or sheet of plastic that will ever be enough to bring true justice. Such an unspeakable crime.

thanks extended to all of you who were able to be here during the search and recovery efforts last night. I feel awful that I let my exhaustion drag me to bed. To wake to this news has hit me hard, even though it is not unexpected. it does take away any last bit of hope anyone many have had, but now we move on to getting the Justice Savanna deserves... :rose:

:hug: you have a good and kind heart, dear bradfordsleuth. At least you had WS to share your deeply emotional pain.

i am with you ... words will never be enough to express the monumental sadness, anger, pain, disgust, ..... and condolences.

Margarita25, this is so very beautiful! Wonderful traditions with so much sentiment and belief. It brought me a bit of comfort to read this, though it broke my held back tears. :tears:

just so sad, beyond words here.

Spellbound- the comfort you send others truly touches all of us. Thank you.

Just logged in for the day and see the title change. :(

:rose: RIP Savanna :rose:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads