ND - Several bodies found at Mandan business, 1 April 2019 *Arrest* #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
My goodness. Instead of just throwing the gun away he seems like he took it apart and was trying to clean it with chlorine bleach. Had a tupperware bowl with parts like he may have been soaking parts of the gun in chlorine bleach.

Good grief. Going to all that trouble instead of just tossing the gun away somewhere.

It is surprising to hear it was a revolver type. That would indicate he likely had to reload.
Although #42 in affidativ says there were numerous firearms found.
I feel like he's a clean freak, or a hoarder (and these are polar opposites) to collect everything like that and clean them, in an irrational way certainly.

Hi and Welcome!! It would make sense that only one was the target and the rest were just victims of circumstances because they happen to be there. But.............would he really think that one person would be the only person there? He could have easily found out where that one person lived and stalked that person until he caught them alone and then do his nasty deed. Then again, maybe he didn't care how many extra people he had to kill. Like someone said earlier (can't remember who---sorry), if it was a matter of money and book keeping, the books wouldn't change if she were no longer around so whatever it was, would have still been found out.
I agree, mostly, that one person was targeted. And I think finding that person at home or out and about would not be as easy or attainable as in locating him or her in the RJR building. IMO

That said, I also believe the grievance he had for this one person was related to something concerning RJR, whether maintenance issues, rental/rent/eviction issues, money owned him...he wanted to make a statement by involving RJR faculty. And he most likely came prepared to kill whoever else was there.

Money is often found to be a motivation behind murder. Possible he was moving out, being forced to move out, and his security deposit was being withheld? Or he had to pay something out of pocket and wanted to be reimbursed? All lame reasons to kill someone, IMO, but so are most of the other reasons that have been speculated. Fact is, I don't believe there is ever a good reason to take another person's life, other than self-defense perhaps. JMO

I’m wondering if the storage unit auction on Mar 29 has something to do with CI’s bizarre actions. If he had a storage unit with chiropractic equipment or other valuables that was sold it may have triggered his rage. The fact he went to Walmart on Mar 31st and bought a gun shows his planning and premeditation. Buying the gun 2 days after the auction made me think the two events are related. I think he went to RJR to hurt any and all persons he came into contact with. JMO

Having lived in Mandan the first 18 years of my life and going back at least once a year for the last 20+ years, this is almost impossible to wrap my head around. These things don’t happen here.
One thing I was questioning that hasn’t really been addressed yet- it’s my understanding that stabbing someone multiple times results in injuries to the attacker’s hands. We’ve heard nothing about injuries to CI other than his knees.

I’m wondering if the storage unit auction on Mar 29 has something to do with CI’s bizarre actions. If he had a storage unit with chiropractic equipment or other valuables that was sold it may have triggered his rage. The fact he went to Walmart on Mar 31st and bought a gun shows his planning and premeditation. Buying the gun 2 days after the auction made me think the two events are related. I think he went to RJR to hurt any and all persons he came into contact with. JMO
Yall want to hear something really strange ? Wal-Mart only sells handguns in Alaska, no other stores in the USA.....google it........Something is weird here....moo

Having lived in Mandan the first 18 years of my life and going back at least once a year for the last 20+ years, this is almost impossible to wrap my head around. These things don’t happen here.
One thing I was questioning that hasn’t really been addressed yet- it’s my understanding that stabbing someone multiple times results in injuries to the attacker’s hands. We’ve heard nothing about injuries to CI other than his knees.

Maybe they weren't significant enough to mention - probably had gloves on, too.

Yall want to hear something really strange ? Wal-Mart only sells handguns in Alaska, no other stores in the USA.....google it........Something is weird here....moo
That's really a good catch. I wonder what's up with that.

Here's the only thing I can come up with. LE said they found a Ruger gun box at his home with a receipt from WalMart, dated the previous day. However, they didn't specifically say what was on the receipt. It would seem logical to assume that it was for a gun but if they don't sell guns, it must have been for something else.

Last edited:
What do we know about CI and his personal life? I know that it has been said that he has family in the area. Was he married? Did he have children? Did he have relationships with people in the community? It seems that all we know is that he is the suspect, ex military and a chiropractor.

His profile is becoming too familiar:
quiet, seemingly calm, loner, under the radar community member.

Graduated Riverdale H.S. 1992 -- class of 3. Joined Navy, stationed in Hawaii where he met his ex-wife. They married in 1995, divorced 2000, and they have an adult daughter. Reportedly, ex-wife took him to court several times in the early 2000's over child support payments.

Licensed chiropractor since 2009.
No criminal record.
2014 citation for failure to wear seat belt.

His parents live in Hazen, ND, and he spent time living there with them after divorce.

Chad Isaak: 5 Fast Facts You Need to Know | Heavy.com

You are so right these things dont happen here. I am from hazen and i talked to a few people around town today. One lady i talked to said she went to ci once for an appointment and he creeped her out so bad she never went back. Everyone i talked to had a story about an uncomfortable encounter with him. I was his patient for many years off and on i put up with his strangeness because he really was a good chiropractor. Money might have had something to do with it imo i dont think he had very many patients anymore because he gave everyone the creeps.

Here's the only thing I can come up with. LE said they found a Ruger gun box at his home with a receipt from WalMart, dated the previous day. However, they didn't specifically say what was on the receipt. It would seem logical to assume that it was for a gun but if they don't sell guns, it must have been for something else.[/QUOTE]
I googled Walmart and this is what I found...Walmart raised the minimum age for firearms and ammunition purchases at its stores to 21 on Wednesday. ... Walmart is the largest single seller of guns in the U.S. and operates 4,600 stores around the country. The company stopped selling the AR-15 and other rifles in 2015 and only sells handguns in Alaska.Mar 1, 2018

Last edited:
That's really a good catch. I wonder what's up with that.

Here's the only thing I can come up with. LE said they found a Ruger gun box at his home with a receipt from WalMart, dated the previous day. However, they didn't specifically say what was on the receipt. It would seem logical to assume that it was for a gun but if they don't sell guns, it must have been for something else.
Ammo maybe ???????........moo

Yeah. Injuries like that come from the hand slipping down the handle, and across the blade.

This is on account of the blood.

If he was wearing gloves, this may not have been an issue.

Even without gloves, it doesn’t always happen anyways.

Had he cut himself, I have no doubt it would have been mentioned in the arrest affidavit.

According to the Mandan Super Walmart site, guns are located on Aisle 26, and they have quite an inventory in stock.

I think Alaska may be the only store that can ship guns/online sales, but guns are sold in other states.
https://www.walmart.com/store/2033/mandan-nd/search?query=guns

According to the Mandan Super Walmart site, guns are located on Aisle 26, and they have quite an inventory in stock.

I think Alaska may be the only store that can ship guns/online sales, but guns are sold in other states.
https://www.walmart.com/store/2033/mandan-nd/search?query=guns
Wal- Mart only sells handguns in store, in Alaska. All other Wal- Mart stores only sell rifles or shotguns. No other Wal -Mart USA stores stock handguns or order them..... moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lover305