ND ND - Thomas 'Tom' Bearson, 19, Fargo, 20 Sep 2014 #4

I believe 2/20/2014 is the date of Tommy's DOD and disappearance. The date of his DUI / MIP was 9/12/2014 in the early morning hours and was on the 10:30 AM docket at Court. It appears to me the "impaired driver" was at 2:23 AM.

JMO

You are right but follow with me...

On 09/20/14 the police log reads "9/20/2014 2:19:24 AM 3400 BLK MAIN AVE Impaired Driver 1055\\TS "

So what I was looking for was activity on that early morning of September 20th. I wanted to see if the tow service had been called out.

People are getting mixed up on here because they seem to think what we are pointing to is Tom getting another 'Impaired Driving' or DUI on the night he went missing. (But that's not the case).

But that's not it, all I was looking for was some kind of activity that early morning. Border Cities Towing is the contracted service for the Fargo Police Department and their impound lot is at that location on the map just .25 miles from the house where Tom was last seen. It's to the southwest of that house.<-------- And THAT is why I thought it was very interesting that there was a radio broadcast that said the police dog tracked Tom's scent to the WEST. But the trouble with search engines is that they pick up only certain phrases to scan through and it was so frustrating because I couldn't find a single link to verify what the radio had reported. Everything I found online continued to summarize the same dang information!! aaarrrrgggggg!! (That's when I called the radio station).

It's just a really, really odd coincidence then that the last place he was seen and then the place where his body was found are within such close proximity to towing yards. Especially towing yards that hold contracts to the police stations in the two different cities.

Do you see what I'm saying?

now you pair this with the information I just posted about the young man I know and his experience with having his car at an impound lot and now, I have at least got SOME kind of idea, something to make me think, "Well, that sounds at least reasonable as to what would possibly motivate Tom to walk in that direction. MAYBE there was something in that car, (IF it was still there), that he wanted.

To make matters worse, IIRC, and Dennygreen verified this, it was reported that the dog followed the scent to the rail road tracks. Now I'm going to admit that when I was talking to the reporter, I got nervous and I was so intently concentrating on making sure I had my facts straight about the dog going WEST that I completely forgot about asking him if the dog made it to the train tracks. That is my fault. I should have just called him back but I didn't want to make a pest of myself.

Thanks for the explanation. I still don't understand however, how anyone can state for a fact the car of an intoxicated driver wasn't towed as this is a common practice.
Where is it stated that this is common practice?

It's a piece of a puzzle that fits into IBSleuthin's excellent post on the previous thread. Since there's nothing to dispute it, it should remain on the puzzle board. Tom left the party house at 3:40am. Who was around and what happened then that he's no longer with us???
There is absolutely NO confirmation from Law Enforcement that Tom left the party house at 3:40 am. It is only what Cody Mead claims.

There is absolutely NO confirmation from Law Enforcement that Tom left the party house at 3:40 am. It is only what Cody Mead claims.

Everyone agrees with that. The only real facts in this case are the ones that IB posted earlier. We are however allowed to speculate and that is exactly what everyone who has posted a theory has done.

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk 2

Everyone agrees with that. The only real facts in this case are the ones that IB posted earlier. We are however allowed to speculate and that is exactly what everyone who has posted a theory has done.

What FACTS of IB are you referring to?

It's what every single MSM outlet has reported multiple times. Do you have a link stating othterwise?.

Before this thread derails any further, I'm going to lock it for 15 minutes so everyone can take a breather. Either learn to agree to disagree, or suffer the consequences.

It's been established that the dogs tracked west. Move on!

I went back and looked at the court records for both Tommy and C Mc from the 12th again. In looking at the both of them I noticed that C Mc citation number is considerably less than Tommy's which leads me to believe his ticket was done first. In all of C Mc's documents registered in Court there was no arrest report and no release documents. IMO since C Mc was not arrested he undoubtedly stayed with the car until an unimpaired driver could drive it. It is possible that C Mc may have been drinking but was not impaired enough to drive.

The way it is here is that when stopped by LE once suspected of DUI the car is moved out of traffic and into a lot preferably. This for the safety of both the officers and the suspect's safety to do the sobriety checks. Sometimes the suspect will even fall while trying to walk the line and such. The only way a car is towed here in the event of a DUI is if the vehicle is impeding traffic and cannot be parked. Or if the suspect requests it the city has a towing company "of the week" as they rotate between the companies to be fair.

IMO

Whether the car was towed or not - I still think it's an interesting set of documented coincidences. There are more concrete facts associated than most theories we have entertained.

If it's shown the car was not towed I'll be (mildly) surprised - but it's certainly possible.

If The car was towed it just adds to my intrigue. As i said earlier - has anyone offered this concept to LE or the media? Can't hurt - although I'd be disappointed if LE hasn't already looked into this.

Whether the car was towed or not - I still think it's an interesting set of documented coincidences. There are more concrete facts associated than most theories we have entertained.

If it's shown the car was not towed I'll be (mildly) surprised - but it's certainly possible.

If The car was towed it just adds to my intrigue. As i said earlier - has anyone offered this concept to LE or the media? Can't hurt - although I'd be disappointed if LE hasn't already looked into this.

(BBM) Yes, I have. When I called KFGO, I explained why I was calling and he and I both laughed. Then, after we talked I told him about the coincidences. That is exactly how I explained them too, 'coincidences'. These are just things that have caught my attention. He agreed saying, "That is weird."

(Quite frankly I thought the weird part was me actually calling someone in 'real life'). :D

I cannot speak for the state of North Dakota because I do not live there, however where I live? your car gets towed. The police here do not have time to talk about it either. That tow truck is in your rear view mirror before you can believe it. I know of an individual who had his girlfriend with, they were pulled over and he had no current insurance card with. She had a valid driver's license but he did not. Car got towed.

They tow here for no current insurance, if you get stopped for ANY REASON that you cannot legally be driving that car and the car gets towed. Even if they come upon you and you are along side the road with a broken down car, they will give you the option of who to call and if you have no answer they call a tow truck and off your car goes. They consider it a roadside hazard.

AND if your car is abandoned along side the road ie: you have run out of gas, they mark your tires and if it's not gone in a few hours it gets towed.

What is the theory? I've asked. I was told that it wasn't a theory just a coincidence. Please share your theory. I mean.. There are athletic fields by both the "trap house" and Larry's RV, maybe he was practicing his track and field skills when he was murdered?

Then, there's this:

Thomas Bearson was last seen about 3:40 a.m. Saturday in the 800 block of 14th Street North, said Lt. Joel Vettel of the Fargo Police Department, which is heading the investigation of Bearson's disappearance.

(That really looks like a confirmation from the Fargo Police Department, when Lt. Joel Vettel says it.)

http://www.sctimes.com/story/news/l...dsu-sartell-high-school-tom-bearson/16053665/

What is the theory? I've asked. I was told that it wasn't a theory just a coincidence. Please share your theory. I mean.. There are athletic fields by both the "trap house" and Larry's RV, maybe he was practicing his track and field skills when he was murdered?

Are there as many tow lots as there are athletic fields? I believe we're discussing odds here.

To make matters worse, IIRC, and Dennygreen verified this, it was reported that the dog followed the scent to the rail road tracks. Now I'm going to admit that when I was talking to the reporter, I got nervous and I was so intently concentrating on making sure I had my facts straight about the dog going WEST that I completely forgot about asking him if the dog made it to the train tracks. That is my fault. I should have just called him back but I didn't want to make a pest of myself.

Nah, I think all that was on kfgo was that they had a dog following a scent and and some point they lost it. Pretty sure they didn't mention anything about the railroad tracks or what distance they followed it for.

(BBM) Unfortunately you are WRONG.

This is from the Fargo Police Department's own website.

"Fargo Police Department
September 25, 2014

Homicide Investigation
Seeking Public Assistance in Locating Shoe and Cell Phone

The Ramsey County Medical Examiner’s Office has determined that Thomas Gregory Bearson’s death is a result of homicidal violence. Police investigations have continued since Thomas Bearson was reported to be missing. A high level of cooperation throughout the community has been appreciated and additional assistance from the public is needed at this time.

Thomas Bearson was reported to have been last seen Saturday September 20th at approximately 3:40 a.m. outside the residence of 824 14th Street North in Fargo. He was wearing a blue baseball cap, blue Sartell High School track and field shirt and khaki shorts.

Police located the body of Thomas Bearson on Tuesday morning on the property of Larry’s RV Sales located in the 3000 block of 24th Avenue South.

Thomas Bearson’s white Nike Air Jordan left tennis shoe (size 9 ½) and his cell phone have not been located. The cell phone is a silver colored i-phone 5.

Similar photographs of these items are being released with the request for the public to contact police if either of these items are located.

The investigation is on-going. Anyone with information that may further this investigation is asked to call the Red River Regional Dispatch Center at (701) 451-7660.

http://www.cityoffargo.com/CityInfo/Departments/Police/

Nah, I think all that was on kfgo was that they had a dog following a scent and and some point they lost it. Pretty sure they didn't mention anything about the railroad tracks or what distance they followed it for.

Thank you so much!! I was so worried that I missed something. There is a lot of information to slog through but I very much appreciate you coming on here and posting what you remember.

Thank you IB. With everyone stating that was heresy I accepted it as that. I have seen this release before and that fact escaped me. LE must have had verification of this information to have stated it in this release.

What FACTS of IB are you referring to?

Here's just a few facts from IB:

1). Border Cities Towing is the contracted towing service for the Fargo police department.

2). All vehicles impounded under the authority of the police department are stored at the city-owned impound lot located at 715 17th St. N.

3). This impound lot is .25 miles south west of where Tom Bearson was last reported alive.

4). On Sept. 20, Bearson was observed leaving a house at 824 14th St. N., in Fargo, about six blocks south of his dormitory.

5). Fargo police state that he was last seen about or at 3:40 AM.

6). A police dog followed Tom Bearson's scent west from the location he was last seen.

(Links have previously been provided to every single bit of this).

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sapphire13
Back