NE - Almariah Duque, 23 mos, dies of heparin OD at Omaha hospital, 31 March 2010

Discussion in 'Crimes-Spotlight on Children' started by laura08, Apr 1, 2010.

1. laura08

laura08 New Member

http://www.ketv.com/news/23020944/detail.html OMAHA, Neb. --
    The Nebraska Medical Center is investigating its staff after the Wednesday death of a toddler from Texas who was given an overdose of Heparin, a blood-thinning drug. Hospital representative Andrea McMaster said NMC is paying the family's expenses and will also pay for the funeral of Almariah Duque .

Duque was nearly 2 years old. She was recovering from multiple organ transplants, and gastroschisis, at the Nebraska Medical Center. She had been there since December.

2. Loading...

3. Filly

Filly KICKING AND SHINING

Awwww, poor little baby.

That's real big of the hospital to pay for the baby's funeral expenses, right? Pfffffft.

Heparin. Again. Rest in peace little Almariah.

4. T-Rex

T-Rex New Member

This keeps happening again and again, with the same drug. It happened with Dennis Quaid's twins, and I thought they fought to have the child and adult versions of the drug packaged in different colors. Then it happened again. And it is still happening.

5. fran

fran Former Member

I'm stunned this has happened, AGAIN!

I'm with you, T-Rex. I thought they fixed this.

Poor baby.

May she RIP.

fran
    :rose: